2006 Cancelled Shows: Not Many Surprises from FOX

After what one could call FOX’s most successful seasons in its history, there are very few cancellations to report. FOX’s schedule will remain the same for the most part and borderline shows (ratings-wise) like The OC, The Loop and The War at Home have received renewal notices. The few shows that were cancelled (either this week or earlier) include:

Bernie MacArrested Development - Critics loved it but few people watched. Read more information here.

The Bernie Mac Show – After five seasons and 104 episodes, this comedy aired its last original episode on April 14, 2006.

Free Ride – This partially-improved sitcom aired the last of its six episodes on April 9, 2006.

Head Cases – The Chris O’Donnell comedy was one of the first fatalities of the 2005-06 season.

Killer Instinct – This San Francisco-based crime thriller aired episode #13 (of 14 produced) in March of 2006 and hasn’t been seen since.

Kitchen Confidential – The off-beat Bradley Cooper comedy didn’t take off as expected and has been off the air since January 2006.

Malcolm in the Middle – The series finale aired on May 14, 2006. Click here for coverage.

Reunion – A much loved and popular series did not make it through its first season. For more information on the killer’s identity and unreleased episode details, go here.

Skating with Celebrities – This Dancing with the Stars “inspired” show never took off.

Stacked – The Pamela Anderson & Christopher Lloyd bookstore comedy has been off the air since January 2006. Episodes 15-17 have been produced but are unaired.

That ’70s Show – The series finale airs tonight with the return of Michael Kelso (Ashton Kutcher). Stay tuned for a recap.

Unan1mous – This odd “reality” game show has been almost unanimously disliked by critics and won’t be returning.

American Idol, 24, and King of the Hill will not return until early 2007, following the NFL Season. TV Series Finale home page

The Heard Family October 9, 2006 at 11:09 am

The Bernie Mac Show was a great family time moment for my family. We now watch the show every night on the new CW as we did on Fox. Let’s get the show back on prime time TV all NEW. We love The Bernie mac show, bring it back

kim porter October 2, 2006 at 5:04 pm

The Bernie Mac show was one of the best programs on Fox. I guess Bernie didn’t have what it takes to last…a white face. Pity Fox couldn’t see past color.

Anonymous September 30, 2006 at 5:14 pm

It’s so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

Anonoymous

frank rivera September 22, 2006 at 5:31 pm

I just realized from TV Guide that Bernie Mac isn’t on this falls Fox Schedule. How the heck can anybody so STUPID as to cancell this great show? My whole family loved this show. It had real family values and at the same time showed some tough love when it was needed. Of course since Fox only wants to appeal to wise ass kids who need some of that tough love, you can’t to keep a show like this with a message on their schedule. Idiots you are Fox. I hope some other network wakes up and brings it back with new episodes

Anonymous September 12, 2006 at 11:23 am

That’s a damn shame!!!!

I’m really pissed off about that!

Berie”WHO YOU WITH”

Anonymous September 12, 2006 at 11:13 am

That’s a damn shame!!!! You cancel the best show to watch in the evening time…

Damn! I’m really pissed off about that!

Berie”WHO YOU WITH”

Jennifer September 8, 2006 at 9:11 pm

Oh PLEASE PLEASE bring back “Free Ride”!!!!!! It was hilariously funny and unique, which is what made it so good, it wasn’t like all the rest. You didn’t even give “Free Ride” enough time to make it. Also I cant believe you let “The Bernie Mac Show” go, it was one of the BEST. I hope some other network picks these shows up. They wont be sorry! They will be seriously missed!!!!!!!!! BRING THEM BACK!

Trevor September 8, 2006 at 11:37 am

Sherri,
The OC isn’t cancelled. The new season debuts on November 2, 2006 and I’ve heard there will be cast and story changes to shake things up a bit.

sherri September 8, 2006 at 9:07 am

Why is the OC cancelled?? That was a good show. I looked forward every week to watch that! WHY???

Savill Collins September 8, 2006 at 2:02 am

I can’t believe Fox did not allow The Bernie Mac Show to atleast have a proper farewell after 5 years of service. Fox showed zero respect for the cast and crew of the show and absolutely no appreciation for the viewers who supported the show. Fox’s decision showed poor taste and America is smart enough to see it for what it is!

Lisa Dattel September 4, 2006 at 12:27 pm

Bernie Mac is the only show left I watch!!!
Please,please,please bring it back!!!

april lewis August 30, 2006 at 1:25 pm

THIS IS A SHAME. THE BERNIE MAC SHOW DIDNT DO ANY HARM TO ANYONE. I LOVED THE BERNIE MAC SHOW AND IM PRETTY SURE EVERYONE DID BUT THIS IS A SHAME. WHAT ABOUT BERNIE MAC ON BET. NOW THAT WILL BE SOMETHING NICE REAL NICE. I LOVED BERNIE MAC FROM DAY 2. I DIDNT SEE THE FIRST SHOW BUT WHEN WALMART HAVE THE BERNIE MAC EPISODE I NEVER MISS A SHOW. I LOVE WHEN HE SPOKE TO EVERYONE AMERICA..LOL…I SAY THAT EVERYTIME NOW….

PLEASE PUT THS SHOW BACK ON…..

jacqueline fitzgibbons August 24, 2006 at 6:01 pm

Not much worthwhile entertainment on the tube these days. Accidentally discovered Bernie when surfing and found myself laughing outloud and also swiping a few sweet tears away over the first xmas episode. Cosby show was great in its day but Bernie Mac is real and I love the tough gentle love. Guess someone is asleep at the wheel, like the idiot that cancelled Star Trek. Pity to loose a show with such great family values.

Don Blackburn August 22, 2006 at 9:58 am

The Bernie Mac Show had a style all it’s own. It dared to do things differently. With funny typing graphics that would tell the truth when Bernie would give us a load of B.S. and his talk to America speeches in his den where he would work out his family problems.

At the same time Bernie would talk like real people in their homes talk. He could be tough when he needed to and yet show a side where his heart would just break for his kids.

Like Cosby before him, The Bernie Mac Show is not a black show rather it is a family show that happens to be black. Also like Cosby, Bernie’s Family is a successful middle/upper class family with neighbors of all races and religions

It is a shame that they canceled a family show at a time where there are very few of them around. It’s a shame we can’t hear a goodbye America speech. I will miss our talks.

Pat August 6, 2006 at 12:22 pm

I am truly sorry that the Bernie Mac show has been canceled. I have not laughed so hard as when I watch his show. Maybe another network will pick it up??