24: Live Another Day: Ratings

24 Live Another Day ratingsAfter running for eighth seasons, FOX cancelled the 24 TV series due to declining ratings. Now, the characters are back for a “limited” series of 12 episodes. Will the ratings be good enough for the network to renew 24 for another season or will this be the end for Jack Bauer for good? Stay tuned!

24: Live Another Day: is set four years after the events of season eight and finds Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) in London, once again trying to prevent a global disaster. The rest of the cast includes Yvonne Strahovski, Tate Donovan, Mary Lynn Rajskub, William Devane, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Giles Matthey, Michael Wincott, Benjamin Bratt, and Kim Raver.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

Final season averages: 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.33 million total viewers.

For comparison: The last regular season of 24 averaged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.28 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the 24 TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled again or renewed for another season?

Duane May 14, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Great show but we know this was a “special season”.

Chuck Wagner May 14, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Best show on television. Renew Renew Renew, change nothing, keep the windows.

Mikster May 14, 2014 at 3:08 am

Oh why they punish us with this show ? I loved the 1st season but after that it has gotten increasingly annoying. The charters working in intelligence are getting less and less intelligent in their actions. I had to quit in the middle of 3rd season, I could not watch it anymore. Now I decided to give it another chance, but I could not finish the first episode. I am sorry !

Enough May 13, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Someone needs to let Bauer know that Bush and Cheney are long since out of office, and the whole “ticking time bomb” scenario (which was a ludicrously nonsensical excuse to resort to torture to begin with) should be buried deep in something toxic.

robert sauer May 13, 2014 at 9:33 pm

I hope they don’t cancel 24 its only been on 2 weeks damn give it a chance I would like another 24 season they always use the 19-? What about the people in the ?-100 that actually watch tv.

Hootch Pandersnatch May 13, 2014 at 6:02 pm

When Chloe told Jack she hotwired and stole the car, Jack caught a Bauer-boner. This is 24 at its best. I hope this doesn’t decline six or seven episodes in like season 6 did.

Travis May 13, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Yeah, I don’t think those metrics are accurate. You should go back and check them.

raiko May 13, 2014 at 1:51 pm

SOOO O O HAAAP PY JACK IS BACK AFTER SADLY LEAVING US ALL BEHIND FOR 4 YEARS !! AND NOW HE IS BACK I AM OVER THE MOON TO WELCOME MY FAVOURITE ACTION HERO IN lONDON THIS TIME .. JACK IS THE MOST ICONIC IDOL OF THIS CENTURY AND HOPE FULLY WILL LAST EVEN LONGER THAN EVER THIS TIME… OUR JACK IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE ..HE IS HERE TO STAY TO SAVE THE WORLD CUZ THAT’S WHAT HE DOES BEST !!! LONG LIVE JACK !!

Why Watch May 13, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Jack and Chloe, how we have missed you. And may we never forget Edgar.

Mark May 13, 2014 at 3:11 am

The first three episodes ave been brilliant. Just like the early series of 24. But Stephen. Fry as the UK PM has been totally miscast and is a serious weak link in the show. I just can’t take him seriously.

Emily R May 10, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Love it. Glad its back and hope it gets picked up.

Lisa May 9, 2014 at 11:40 pm

So love seeing Jack and Cloe are back! Really missed them so much!

Bonnie May 7, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Love this show! Keizer Sutherland and the entire cast are awesome! Please..keep this show on for as long as possible!

Sammy Carson May 6, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I have no difficulty dealing with the changes in the personalities of our hero’s. After dealing with what has been on their plates how could one expect different? But if I were Jack or Chloe I would have considered my job for the greater good more than completed. To keep myself from dwelling on what I had lived, done, seen and lost, I would now be living on an island somewhere in the Mediterranean tending bar. I would be the one serving drinks who listens and at times offers words of wisdom, and in the wee small hours spin incredible yarns that would keep my companions interested, but would never believe. Oh, they would say, “He/she had delved into too many works by Jack London”. This would make me smile. I see this as a nice closer for the both of them. Then maybe in a year or two or three they give us a two part 4 hour TV show that brings us to this final. Sort of like “Burn Notice”, but with more Intel. Jack is safe, content and above all happy and healthy. Chloe is there but they act as if their relationship is new. Kim and family somehow fit into the mix. As for what the powers that be think, Jack and company are dead, and in away….. they are. After all can you think of anyone else on earth who deserves a happy ending? Best wishes from Susan and by the way Thank you!

Evelyn Konkol May 6, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Love 24 hope it never cancels. Just love Kiefer to death!!!!!