24: Live Another Day: Ratings

24 Live Another Day ratingsAfter running for eighth seasons, FOX cancelled the 24 TV series due to declining ratings. Now, the characters are back for a “limited” series of 12 episodes. Will the ratings be good enough for the network to renew 24 for another season or will this be the end for Jack Bauer for good? Stay tuned!

24: Live Another Day: is set four years after the events of season eight and finds Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) in London, once again trying to prevent a global disaster. The rest of the cast includes Yvonne Strahovski, Tate Donovan, Mary Lynn Rajskub, William Devane, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Giles Matthey, Michael Wincott, Benjamin Bratt, and Kim Raver.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

Final season averages: 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.33 million total viewers.

For comparison: The last regular season of 24 averaged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.28 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the 24 TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled again or renewed for another season?

Lee Hamilton July 17, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Loved the show. Bring back Jack……..

PRES HELLER July 17, 2014 at 11:13 am

PLEASE BRING 24 BACK AND DO NOT LEAVE CHLOE OUT. BEST SHOW ON TV.

John August 4, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Just leave out Chloe’s strange eye makeup.

Michaela July 17, 2014 at 9:11 am

PLEASE!!!! bring Jack back next year!!! I’m addicted!! ;)

julie July 17, 2014 at 12:28 am

I too love the show. I hope they renew for more episodes. I will watch it only if Kiefer is still in the Jack Bauer role. Not interested in watching it if he is not on the show.

Anthony Crayton July 16, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Bring it back, it was a awesome show, that is all.

LT July 16, 2014 at 11:22 pm

24 ranks as the top show of all shows for me. And this season was one of the best! I loved every minute of the show. I might of had to DVR it here and there but I WATCHED it, LOVED it, TWEATED about and CALLED my friends and family to talk about it. Bring it BACK

Gary July 16, 2014 at 10:53 pm

24 is the best dramatic and exciting series on T.V. We NEVER miss an episode!

We are so sick of reality shows that are absolute garbage! It’s amazing the crap people will watch these day . We boycott “reality” trash completely.

They can’t end the series with Jack being hauled off to Russia! If the powers that be at Fox have any brains, they’ll bring back 24 for a FULL season next year. And for Christ’s sake, pull 24 off of Monday night and put it back on Sunday night. There is no other show like it and it deserves better.

Anonymous July 17, 2014 at 2:48 pm

I agree, we are sick of reality shows also. Our home loves 24.

Anonymous July 18, 2014 at 12:33 pm

I agree completely with the last comment.

Don--Phoenix, AZ July 18, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I was a big fan of the first eight years of 24….when I heard it was coming back for a short run I was very happy….but disappointed it seemed like a one time occurance. Please this is the best of the best on TV take away all these stupid reality shows and make room for more Jack and his crew. Bring back Jack.

Don, Phoenix AZ.

C July 16, 2014 at 9:31 pm

As always, I LOVE this show! Jack is back and has me craving for more!

Anonymous July 16, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Love love loved it! Never missed a “day”, and this last one did not disappoint .

Charle July 16, 2014 at 7:34 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!! It is such a thriller and shocks me every time . The show must come back on, it is one of the best shows on t.v. Their is always an incredible story twist and brings in another story of criminals that do horrible things that is stopped by the amazing JACK BAUER !!!!!! PLEASE BRING THE SHOW BACK ON

Jackson Rip Holmes July 16, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Dear TV Series Finale and Respected Readers:

It is my hope you will join me in urging Fox Broadcasting to renew “24”.

Following are some personal reasons I support renewal of the TV Show “24”.

****************************

I cannot possibly say enough good about the TV Show “24”, but let me try:

1. This is a PATRIOTIC Show! I myself have tried to help Homeland Security, but inevitably they must question a person’s intentions to be sure they are patriotic. The “24” TV Show, whose own heroes have their motives and actions questioned all the time, helped me overcome the fear and humiliation I felt. Moreover, when I couldn’t understand, for instance, how Miami’s 2010 Super Bowl, coming after the Fort Hood, TX massacre, and the Detroit underwear bomber, was “safe”, it was our TV Show, “24”, which reveals how drones can identify terrorists, such as those then training in Yemen, that explained to me how the FBI is able to keep our country safe.

2. “24”, from its beginning, has always been my favorite show. Isn’t this akin to the James Bond spy movies thrillers? Doesn’t everybody like James Bond?

3. Back to helping protect our country against terrorists, I believe keeping these issues before the public helps keep citizens alert to potential terrorism dangers, as well as showing our counter-terrorism federal and local agents they are appreciated. “24” HELPS OUR NATIONAL SECURITY FOR REAL !!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Jackson Rip Holmes

Greg July 16, 2014 at 3:59 pm

My wife and I LOVE THE SHOW, and this season was terriffic !
The story line was continually evolving, the action fastpaced, and characters supurb !
By far….the BEST SHOW ON TV !!!
Please bring it back earlier next Spring .

Anonymous July 16, 2014 at 3:13 pm

It was awesome as always. More more more!

Cyril July 16, 2014 at 11:10 am

Bring Jack back!Bring Jack back!Bring Jack back!

Brenda July 16, 2014 at 10:35 am

This is by far the best show on TV, I have not missed an episode since it has come on and would LOVE to see it come back next year, I agree with previous comment it has to do with the time of year. Please bring this show back, everyone I work with and all of my friends love love the show and does not miss an episode. I really want Jack back on,

Paul July 16, 2014 at 8:32 am

That was a fantastic season. Ok the ratings were lower than previous seasons but that was mainly due to the idiots showing it in Spring/Summer when ratings are always lower ,instead of Fall/Winter. The pvr figures are probably great. So bring it back but show it later in the year!!