24: Live Another Day: Ratings

24 Live Another Day ratingsAfter running for eighth seasons, FOX cancelled the 24 TV series due to declining ratings. Now, the characters are back for a “limited” series of 12 episodes. Will the ratings be good enough for the network to renew 24 for another season or will this be the end for Jack Bauer for good? Stay tuned!

24: Live Another Day: is set four years after the events of season eight and finds Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) in London, once again trying to prevent a global disaster. The rest of the cast includes Yvonne Strahovski, Tate Donovan, Mary Lynn Rajskub, William Devane, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Giles Matthey, Michael Wincott, Benjamin Bratt, and Kim Raver.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

Final season averages: 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.33 million total viewers.

For comparison: The last regular season of 24 averaged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.28 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the 24 TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled again or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

433 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Keep 24 says

The show is awesome! The producers and writers have kept the high quality, fast action, and smart writing full of current political reality that keeps fans tuning in. I hope FOX keeps in mind they put this series as a summer replacement when there is less viewership to go around and doesn’t compare the numbers to the original series cooler weather stay home winter season.
    Love the chemistry emerging between Jack and Kate–finally he has an equal in tough minded determination to fight the bad guys- Damnit!

2. Jack says

this show is the best on the planet . please don’t cancel it . we want another 8 season ♥ at least 8 season ♥ Kiefer satherland is amazing ♥

3. Rado says

24 is too addictive. I was able not too watch the last serie of Dexter and Breaking bad but I cannot immagine myself stop watching 24.
    The best show ever.

4. Bruce says

I’m not a drone intern over-hyping network shows. This show had its heyday when it first aired. It’s over. Kiefer Sutherland is way overrated. Cancel this garbage.

5. Steve says

I haven’t yet made up my mind yet if I like 24: Live another day. It feels weird to see Jack in England instead of the USA. It feels like Luther. Although Luther is a good show, I’m not sure it works for 24.
    I’m a big fan of 24 and I was looking forward to seeing this season, now I’m not sure. I’ll watch all the episodes but if it’s not brilliant, I just hope they won’t make any more seasons.
    24 is a great show, but the creators can kill it if they start trying to be clever, or just dragging it out for the sake of it.
    Maybe (and I can’t believe I’m saying this) Jack should be killed off, so they can’t make any more.
    Saying that, here’s hoping this season picks up and gets really good.

6. lorna mccrone says

Never watched any of 24….but tuned in to this series and I’m loving it..big thumbs up

• Steve says

If you think this season is good you should seriously check out the other seasons….they are way better.

7. DougW says

Loving the new season. An article I saw today at deadline.com indicates viewership for 24: LAD goes way up when you add in the DVR numbers.

8. John says

If figured this 12 episode run was just one last hurrah. Its been pretty stale and Jack doesn’t have much left to lose despite Mr Sutherland still giving it his best. No more in its current form please.

9. Eric says

DO NOT CANCEL 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS THE BEST!!!!! BTW THIS FONT IS ‘CONSTANTIA’ AND I LIKE IT 😉