666 Park Avenue: Does Mother Nature Want the Show Cancelled?

ABC is expected to make a decision about the fate of 666 Park Avenue soon. They’ll either cancel the low-rated drama or order some additional episodes. They could go either way but Mother Nature may have ended up tipping the scales.

The Sunday night drama is shot at Cine Magic Riverfront Studios in Brooklyn and the sets were heavily damaged by Hurricane Sandy. Cine Magic owner Peter Kapsalis tells EW, “I went to check them out on the night of the storm at 10 p.m. and they were under 6 feet of water — the entire complex. It wasn’t in very good shape.”

The water has now receded and Kapsalis reports that it did some serious damage to the 666 sets. He added, “The Daylight Studio, which carried some of the smaller sets and was a little closer to the water [was] completely demolished… The main sets stayed in place even with the water rushing in [but] everything is extensively damaged.”

666 Park Avenue TV show supportKapsalis noted that it would likely be three weeks before shooting could resume in the studio but says that 666 Park Avenue could resume earlier by possibly filming on location or at Cine Magic’s SoHo location.

With such disappointing ratings, ABC could decide to cut their losses rather than wait for the sets to be reconstructed. Warner Bros. Television produces the show.

What do you think? Should ABC just cancel the show already or should the sets be rebuilt? Do you think the network will order more episodes?

Canceled and renewed TV show

53 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. James in London says

I love this show. It’s really starting to hit its stride. PLEASE don’t cancel it! It’s one of the better things to come out of US prime time in a long while. It’s actually better than American Horror Story – the second season of which I am NOT liking!

2. says

I just love the show. It keeps getting better every week, but unfortunately the ratings keep going down. :-( I watch the show only because of my favorite actor, Terry O’ Quinn. Please don’t cancel the show.

3. Anonymous says

Love the show! It gets more involved as the weeks go on and seems to keep you wanting more! Please keep the episodes coming!

4. Renee Anspach says

Don’t cancel it!!! It’s totally enrossing and creepy.
    If the problem is competition, then change the time
    slot.

5. Dawn says

It is improving every week! I like it and it is the only new show I watch. Please don’t cancel just yet. It is really getting interesting. Supernatural shows develop a following.

6. Anonymous says

Do not cancel the show please! By all means! I love the show! The cast is phenomenal, especially my favorite actress, Vanessa Williams.

7. joette says

I like the show – it just has huge competition … Walking Dead, Dexter, Homeland….there are only so many things one DVR can handle…I have been watching it On Demand. Just because we may not be tuning in at exact time we are watching. Some of us just have to wait until Monday because Sunday is full and we have to get up for work :). So ABC give it a shot or change it’s time slot :)