666 Park Avenue: Does Mother Nature Want the Show Cancelled?

ABC is expected to make a decision about the fate of 666 Park Avenue soon. They’ll either cancel the low-rated drama or order some additional episodes. They could go either way but Mother Nature may have ended up tipping the scales.

The Sunday night drama is shot at Cine Magic Riverfront Studios in Brooklyn and the sets were heavily damaged by Hurricane Sandy. Cine Magic owner Peter Kapsalis tells EW, “I went to check them out on the night of the storm at 10 p.m. and they were under 6 feet of water — the entire complex. It wasn’t in very good shape.”

The water has now receded and Kapsalis reports that it did some serious damage to the 666 sets. He added, “The Daylight Studio, which carried some of the smaller sets and was a little closer to the water [was] completely demolished… The main sets stayed in place even with the water rushing in [but] everything is extensively damaged.”

666 Park Avenue TV show supportKapsalis noted that it would likely be three weeks before shooting could resume in the studio but says that 666 Park Avenue could resume earlier by possibly filming on location or at Cine Magic’s SoHo location.

With such disappointing ratings, ABC could decide to cut their losses rather than wait for the sets to be reconstructed. Warner Bros. Television produces the show.

What do you think? Should ABC just cancel the show already or should the sets be rebuilt? Do you think the network will order more episodes?

vanessa December 29, 2012 at 11:02 am

figures they would keep the same generic crap out, and get rid of one of the most interesting shows ive seen in a while…just finished the 8th episode, and then found out that they cancelled the show…TV executives are stupid, and dont know thier audience if they cannot figure out which shows are worth it, and which ones are not…it amazes me that they continue to have a story for a bunch of low-class, stupid bikers, and yet cannot figure something out for the supernatural, and stylish….pathetic!! Please TV execes quit your damned day job!!!

Anonymous December 11, 2012 at 11:17 am

I love this show! Please don’t cancel!!!

JJ Goode November 14, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I have to agree with the rest of the comments. I’d be sad to see 666 Park Avenue be cancelled. Williams and O’Quinn are both capable, but the supporting cast needs to be on a similar level, too. I was talking to a friend and she thinks that the show might squeeze by for a full season and just not return next fall. I suppose that would be better than cancelling it before Christmas. I’ve thought that the episodes are getting better. Cheers to the show and however many episodes it has left.

Lizzie Brown November 14, 2012 at 8:40 pm

please, please do not 86 666 park ave. I love the show,the characters,and the fun feeling of a modern rosemary’s baby. We could not watch the telly for two weeks. Please give the show more of a go around, tis a great way to forget all your problems for an hour. One that we really look forward to. Thanks a million. Lizzie. On the opposite side of the spectrum sons of anarchy is also a brilliant way to slip into another world, great to know someone has more on there plate than my crowd at home. Cheers

Kathy November 14, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Please don’t cancel 666 Park Ave…it is better each week and it is a different kind of show compared to anything on the air right now. I love it.

RL Roether November 14, 2012 at 8:46 am

This show is awesome I can’t get enough 666 Park Avenue. Maybe Sunday nights @ 10 is a bad time slot for this show.

Frank November 13, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Great show; please don’t cancel.

Bernard Wurtzburger November 13, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Love 666 Park. Should not be cancelled. Strong performances and interesting stories. One of my favorites of the new season.

Cherie k. November 13, 2012 at 3:26 am

We don’t usually like series show nor scary type of shows, but this is a smart, intriguing and fascinating show. Please do not cancel it!!!

Gwen November 12, 2012 at 4:33 pm

I love 666 Park Avenue!!! Please don’t cancel it!!!

bufbear74 November 12, 2012 at 2:36 pm

THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! DON’T CANEL IT!!!!!!!

Tasha November 12, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I can’t believe the low ratings for this show?? Everyone at work and all my friends all watch this show and LOVE it!!
Please don’t cancel it..it’s the only show on that I look forward to watching every week.

Ariyel January 8, 2013 at 3:25 pm

dont cancel it plzzzzzzzzz dnt plzzz i love it pllzzz dnt cancel it

Cacique November 12, 2012 at 7:31 am

This show is awesome! I can’t believe the “low rating” claim. Maybe is because it is shown too late at 10PM (EST) on a Sunday. Move it to prime time and surely ratings will go up. Cancelling the show is a mistake.

Hey November 15, 2012 at 11:33 pm

10:00 *is* primetime.

Kat November 8, 2012 at 1:26 pm

It looks like they invoked the wrath of God by putting 666 in the title… and I’m only half-kidding when I say that, hah. I’m not a terribly religious person, I don’t even go to church anymore, but even to me it kind of seems like they were asking for it with a title like that.

Ella November 9, 2012 at 4:01 am

Isn’t that kind of the point though? I mean the Drake seems to be a portal to hell, and Terry O’Quinn is obviously the devil, or something diabolical. Surely that’s more significant than the actual number? If it gets cancelled, it’s because it’s a lame show.

And go back to church, man.

Margaret Davidson November 8, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Please don’t cancel the show , its getting better every week. please don’t give up on it yet.