7th Heaven: Camdens Say Goodbye? Maybe Not!

The Camden Family of Seventh HeavenThough the WB has been promoting this season of 7th Heaven as the series’ last since November 2005, the Camden family may not be ready for the TV afterlife just yet.

With the upcoming CW’s fall schedule still under wraps and undecided, there have been discussions about family drama 7th Heaven returning for an 11th season. Castmembers Stephen Collins, Catherine Hicks, Beverley Mitchell and George Stults have all reportedly been asked if they would be open to returning for another season.

No financial offers have been made but the new network is probably holding off making a final decision on the fate of the WB’s longest-running series until execs make final decisions on the four dramatic pilots that they have in development. The CW will be looking to fill over a dozen hours of primetime each week and up to 10 hours of that will come from shows currently on either the WB or UPN.

Though many have said that the long-running family drama is ready to say goodbye, it should be noted that the show usually draws over 5 million viewers each week. By that account it’s the most popular show on either the UPN or the WB networks. It is also a very expensive series to produce which was been the primary reason sited for the cancellation. As is the norm, talent salaries usually increase as a series goes on and Heaven has a particularly large cast.

The final two episodes of this season (and possibly of the series) will air on May 1st and May 8th. They will focus on Rose and Simon’s wedding day and will be filled with flashbacks from episodes past and will feature appearances by moved-out siblings Matt and Mary (former castmates Barry Watson and Jessica Biel).

A “Camden kids” spin-off had been discussed awhile back but a pilot was never produced utilizing that concept. The CW’s schedule is expected to be announced in late May. TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

31 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. mel says

I have been watching this show since it first aired, when I was 3 or 4. I love 7th heaven, and I am so excited that it is coming back for another season! Thanks for coming back!!!!!

2. kathleen neal says

I am watching a rerun right now it is my families favorite show please dont take it off it has taught us some very important lessions.Thank you

3. jessie boring says

I love 7th heaven. I have watch it from the first season. Is it coming back or is it over? I hope it is not over. 7th heaevn is my favorite tv show.

4. raven says

i love 7th heaven. im just wondering if maybe sandys baby isnt martins maybe its simons. i think thats whats going to happen. but i do wish that mary would come back jut for a little bit. i really dont want 7th heaven to end. i love that show.its my favorite show ever.

5. says

Pleass let there be a new season of seventh heaven pleass!!! I love the show seventh heaven. P.S pleass make a 11th season of seventh heaven ok !! pleass think about this ok

6. amy says

hi 7th Heaven
    how are you
    I am fine
    you are nice to me
    Lucy and kevin name of twin boys
    mom and dad darughter Name is savhahha

7. Leah says

i love the show and i watched it every monday and i still watch all the reruns.ive been watching since the first time it came on.I really hope they come back.If they only knew how many fans they have

8. Jordan says

7th Heaven is the very best show on TV. It needs to stay on for one more year. If the CW does not bring 7th Heaven back on the fall schedule I will never watch the CW station.

9. serena says

I was wondering if and when more of the seasons will be put on dvd? I would be VERY happy if there was another season of 7th Heaven, i love the show!!!!!

10. Catherine says

I LOVE 7th Heaven to death! it is my favorite show. I dont get to see the new episodes though because i dont get WB but my neighboor does so she tells me whats happend! I heard that lucy is havin twin boys and matt and sarah ar having twins too! yahh i hope they do 1 more year! I really hope they do 1 more year!! 7th Heaven is my FAVORITE SHOW!! And i know that they have to do one more year! When i watch the show i have to watch it by myself i like watchin it alone for some reason! 7th Heaven makes me Laugh and even cry too! I have the 1st and 2nd Seasons on DVD! I cant wait till the rest come out!!

11. Trisha says

I have been watching 7th Heaven since the first season it aired and i still watch it every Monday night. I am so sad to see them all go they practically feel like family. I would love for the show to stay on another season.

12. Thomas Cowen McDaniel III says

I love 7th Heaven. Maybe Next Fall of 2006. Maybe 20 seasons with 7th heaven. The Camdens’s are still my favorite actors 7th heaven.