7th Heaven: Wrapping Up a Family Affair

Jason Priestly directing 7th HeavenWith just four episodes left in 7th Heaven’s 11 year run, fans of the series are feeling understandably sentimental. Those who knew and worked with series producer Aaron Spelling are feeling the same way.

Jason Priestly, the former star of Spelling’s blockbuster series Beverly Hills, 90210, is well aware of Spelling’s contributions and the significance of 7th Heaven being the legendary executive producer’s last series on the air.

Priestly directed tonight’s episode of 7th Heaven (entitled “Some Break-Ups And Some Get-Togethers”) and considered it a bit of a homecoming. Priestly says, “I started my directing career with Aaron Spelling on Beverly Hills, 90210, and it only seemed fitting that I direct one of the last episodes of 7th Heaven.” Priestly continued, “7th Heaven leaving the air marks the end of an era. It was a great family show with a great cast and great writing. I was honored to be a part of it.”

What will the series finale hold? Well, we gave you a few clues already but, for those who can’t wait for the last episode on May 13th, here’s the lowdown.

The episode will be appropriately entitled “And Away We Go…”. After Eric (Stephen Collins) is given a clean bill of health, he and Annie (Catherine Hicks) decide to pack up and travel around the country in an RV. Lucy (Beverley Mitchell) and Kevin (George Stults) are initially taken aback by the decision but then decide to join Eric, Annie and the rest of their extended family on their exciting new adventure together. Longtime series director Harry Harris helmed the episode which was written by series creator Brenda Hampton. It will be dedicated to the memory of Spelling. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Mathew January 1, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I am starting to like watching 7th Heaven. from what I understand. the Hallmark Channel’s showing this program throughout the next few days. good for them for giving 7th Heaven a good place over their schedule.

dominique michael January 30, 2009 at 10:43 am

that i really wish that the show will come back on air that the show will continue and that

Natasha May 10, 2008 at 9:19 pm

I think they should do a spin off. I guarantee you people would watch. Ruthie isn’t that old.. and neither is martin.. and sandy and martin have a baby.. and in the series finale everyone was like preggers with twins.. and it’s like so much potential for a spin off.. i mean Buffy was brought back after it was canceled a long time ago.. i think that they should really consider a spin off.

Vanesa February 5, 2008 at 12:34 pm

Hi,
I love 7th Heaven. I think it was great that most everyone reprsied their role on 7th Heaven for the 11th season im memory of Aaron Spelling. I wish the show kept coming out w/new episodes. For anyone who is still interested in watching it, it comes on Hallmark Channel now from 1-3pm eastern daylight time. I agree that they should do a reunion show with all of the cast…meaning anyone who was ever on there, including “dina,”and all of the kids and adults.

browneyesgirl1989 May 2, 2007 at 6:08 pm

I love 7th heaven! It’s my favorite show. I’m obsessed with the show. My favorite character is Ruthie. She is close to my age.

joni losell April 30, 2007 at 2:46 pm

i feel closing doen 7th heaven is terrible i have watched it all these years and now i watch it with my grand children it is the only decent show on cw and i will miss it terribe, show are for children as well as adults and i check out what is watched and i regret you channel will be blocked from our tv. i think that you should have a 2 hour special that brings the whole family togeather with all the grand children to say good by . why are your dvd so experience i an 61 and on limited income with great medical condition and cannot aford the dvds now what will i do itis the only great show on tv except jag and it to has gone off the air they did send me all the seasons bless there heart and it great to relive the things we enjoy the most at this time of our life
youll are the best, lucy kevin simon and ruthie were my favorite and i had hoped to see marry martin one day and the twins of matt and the oldest gir mary.