A Gifted Man: CBS Orders Three More Episodes

A Gifted Man TV seriesThough it’s pulled in less-than-impressive ratings, CBS has ordered three additional episodes of A Gifted Man.

Airing on Friday nights, A Gifted Man revolves around a talented and self-absorbed upscale surgeon (Patrick Wilson) who begins to change his view on life when he’s visited by the ghost of his dead ex-wife (Jennifer Ehle). Others in the series include Julie Benz, Liam Aiken, Margo Martindale, Pablo Schreiber, Rachelle Lefevre, Afton Williamson, and Eriq La Salle.

The newbie series has been averaging a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 8.35 million viewers. It’s the lowest-rated show on the network and has been doing worse in the all-important demo than now-cancelled Medium did a year earlier. On the positive side however, Gifted Man typically pulls in twice as many viewers as the show’s competitors on any of the other networks.

CBS has ordered three additional episodes of A Gifted Man, bringing the season total to 16 installments. That’s a far cry from a full season order and, unless things improve, it’s difficult to imagine that the network will order a second season.

TV show supportThree of the network’s other new shows — 2 Broke Girls, Person of Interest and Unforgettable — received full season pickups while How To Be A Gentleman was quickly cancelled. CBS hasn’t announced their mid-season schedule yet so it’s unknown what the network will put in A Gifted Man’s timeslot when the series has completed its run.

What do you think? Should CBS order more episodes of A Gifted Man or cancel it when the current season is finished?

Vanessa April 12, 2012 at 4:38 pm

This is such a great show. I look forward to my Fridays to watch it . The cast is great, please do not cancel this show!!!!It deserves to be on the air……

Susan Samek April 10, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I love this show and have bought all of the first season episodes olnline. The cast is amazing, and the writing is great. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL!

Jan DePriest April 9, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Please renew A Gifted Man for another season–it really has a great cast with Patrick Wilson
and Margo Martindale especially, but I also like all the others, especially that cute doctor
who keeps trying to quit smoking. I use to watch him on 24, and I like him just as much in
his role on this show!

katherine frederick April 8, 2012 at 7:01 am

LEAVE THE GIFTED MAN ON AIR! THIS IS A GREAT SHOW I LOOK FORWARD TO EVERY WEEK. THERE IS SO MUCH JUNK ON TV THESE DAYS, THIS SHOW IS REFRESHING!

Anonymous April 6, 2012 at 5:14 pm

This is one of the best shows on TV and I look forward to seeing it every week. Please leave it alone. Maybe change it to another night. Friday night is not a good night for a lot of people to watch TV.

Lindsey Ashworth April 6, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Love Gifted Man Please don’t cancel

Kris April 1, 2012 at 9:40 am

This show is about the best, most decent show on TV. It’s informative, thought provoking, the cast has good chemistry among them and I wish it was on five nights a week.
Unforgettable, & Person of Intereest come in a close second, however, A gifted man is still the best.

Beverly March 31, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Please don’t cancel A Gifted Man, it is a good show, and I looked forward to watching it,

Gene March 31, 2012 at 11:28 am

This shows the inability of the net work to work. They pay good money for chewing gum that only non-thinking individuals watch and threaten to cancel a show that requires some thought. A show with layers of ideas and emotions that will not be sorted out in fifty minutes or less. Excellent concept, well scripted, good characters well played, and entertaining as well. Of course the network can’t move it in the schedule, nor try to fix their own problems, it is easier to blame the program and go to another mindless program that is obviously canned and predictable. Keep the Gifted Man on the air. Give us something worth watching.

Nancy March 30, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Please don’t cancel A Gifted Man. We love the show, the characters, the stories. Maybe moving it to another night would help the ratings. Aren’t Friday night shows pretty much doomed from the get go?

Bonnie March 28, 2012 at 8:07 pm

keep The Gifted Man and get rid of Under Cover Boss.. I just love Gifted Man

Bonnie March 28, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Please don’t cancel Gifted Man. I love that show that I schedule my Friday nights around it. Why do they even want to think of cancelling this good show and keeping some other terrible show. I will be soooooo disappointed if this show doesn’t continue

Anonymous April 3, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Please DON’T cancel the gifted man. It is one of the best shows on CBS. My husband and I are loyal CBS watchers. I just got him hooked on The Gifted Man and now I can’t find it.

Ed March 26, 2012 at 10:23 am

This is the best show on television. CBS should put it on a different night.

They doom shows to failure on Friday night.

If they cancel it, some other network should pick it up. Remember when NBC cancelled JAG after one season, and then it continued on CBS for another nine seasons.

Patricia March 24, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Please don’t cancel, the show has family values for both rich and not so rich. I rush home to see it on Fridays, not sure what day is better since I record shows and watch later! I love how ALL the characters work together! Thanks,I will be looking for the show on DVD and season 2 and on.

Jodie March 24, 2012 at 10:21 am

PLEASE dont cancel A Gifted Man. It is a wonderful show and deserves to be on the air. I would much rather watch a quality show like this than another dumb reality or game show.