A Gifted Man: Patrick Wilson Comments on Cancellation

Patrick Wilson on cancelled Gifted ManAs expected A Gifted Man was cancelled by CBS over the weekend. It was no surprise to the show’s star, Patrick Wilson. Via Twitter, he noted that he’d been expecting the cancellation for about two months.

Wilson wasn’t crazy however about the way that he was informed about the show being cancelled. Wilson noted, “So…shocking to no one: #agiftedman is done.Found out via email…and not from the network.Stay classy.Thanks to AGM fans! Great cast/crew!” (He later acknowledged that the “Stay classy” part was indeed a nod to Anchorman.)

A very busy and versatile performer, it doesn’t sound like Wilson is as upset about the cancellation as some of the show’s fans.

He followed up with, “Thanks for the AGM love…but now that it’s “official,”I couldn’t be happier. As good as it was(sometimes) it was not what I signed on for.”

Wilson tweeted on Sunday, “At St. Patrick’s cathedral…. Breathtaking…. Puts a lot in perspective. Go dag. :)”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that A Gifted Man won’t be back? Would you like to see Wilson in a new TV series someday? What kind? Perhaps on a show that would showcase his singing?

Scott June 24, 2013 at 9:36 pm

I watched A Gifted Man on Netflix. It was one of the greatest shows I have ever seen! And several hundred other viewers feel the same way. Boycott CBS!

Sad April 17, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I just watched all 16 episodes on Netflex. I loved the show!!! I googled it to see where I could watch this season as I just knew it had to still be on the air. WHAT??? You cancelled it? How can that be???? Please bring the show back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacque April 9, 2013 at 6:59 pm

A Gifted man was the best. I hate most of the shows on tv now. garabage. I keep hoping it will come back. bring Michael back. Please please

malinda wolfe April 8, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I was so disappointed when the show ended. It was one of the best shows I had ever seen. Actors and actresses were wonderful and the storyline was really nice. I was anxious to see what was going to happen with the female doctor and Michael. They made such a beautiful couple !! I don’t understand why CBS cancelled such a wonderful show ?? I am so tired of getting nothing but reality shows, that are so stupid ! I wish CBS, ABC and NBC would get their heads out of the sand and give us something good to watch. I am watching less and less TV these days because of terrible programming !!

Anna March 17, 2013 at 11:40 pm

I love this show!!!!!

Jesse R March 1, 2013 at 1:27 am

I just watched all 16 episodes on Netflix and then I see its been cancelled ?????? No more to watch?? What a let down.. I watched all 16 in 2 days.. lol THAT’S how good I think it is..or was… boooo..bring it back..

Susan February 27, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I just finished watching all the episodes on Netflix of the great series, “A Gifted Man”. I’m sorry that CBS will not bring this show back for another season. Patrick Wilson and all the cast are very well assigned in their respective roles. I enjoyed seeing the heart of Dr. Holt begin to emmerge – both professionally and romantically! He played his part perfectly and was very believeable. I was delighted to see Erig La Salle (from ER series) appear as well! This series was smart, educational, and a refreshing departure from what is offered on prime time TV. Think this through and bring it back!

Heather February 14, 2013 at 3:22 am

I hope gifted man will come back next yr and I wanted to find out what happened to him and the other doctor.

itzel white January 23, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Me encantaron las series, que pena que lo cancelaron, me hubiera gustado ver más en la segunda temporada, me encantó que los temas eran muy limpios, sin violencia o un lenguaje fuerte.

Anonymous November 17, 2012 at 7:46 pm

It seems the networks don’t really care what the viewers think, if a show isn’t full of violence or sex, off they go.

Ghost November 5, 2012 at 11:07 pm

A giftedman, was one of the best series on recent television I and my family have seen in quite some time. It was new and different, clean, where the whole family, young and old could sit and watch. There was no faul language, no sex seense, etc. Why do the networks get so stuck on cop shows, Zombies, etc. Then when they do come up with something new, clean and entertaining they (Networks) Cancell the show? I feel sorry for these supposedly gifted writers, that can only copy others. Television is getting pethetic, with over 250 channels of garbage!

Karyn de Kock September 8, 2012 at 11:25 am

Bring Micheal back PLEASE!!!!!