A Gifted Man

A Gifted Man TV series Network: CBS
Episodes: 16 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 23, 2011 — March 2, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Patrick Wilson, Jennifer Ehle, Julie Benz, Liam Aiken, Margo Martindale, Pablo Schreiber, Rachelle Lefevre, Afton Williamson.

current TV show

TV show description:
Michael Holt (Patrick Wilson) is a gifted and very successful NY surgeon. He’s wrapped up in his materialistic world and he only takes care of clients who can afford him, the powerful and the wealthy. Though Michael has many things, he doesn’t exactly have much of a bedside manner. He’s also at that point in his life when he’s wondering if he made the right choices.

He bumps into his ex-wife Anna (Jennifer Ehle), a kind and beautiful physician — the love of his life — who he divorced a decade earlier. He lights up in spite of himself and the two have dinner together.

Michael has an offbeat sister, Christina (Julie Benz), who’s trying to keep things together for her teenage son, Milo (Liam Aiken). She’s thrilled that Michael has gotten together with Anna, saying, “When you were with her, is the only time you weren’t a total jerk.”

TV show supportMichael later learns that, some time ago, Anna had been hit by an automobile and killed. She’s left behind a Bronx clinic that provides medical care to hundreds of people who couldn’t afford care otherwise. She appears to Michael again and even Michael’s efficient and overworked assistant, Rita (Margo Martindale), notices a change in him.

Anna asks him to visit the clinic to share her computer’s password with the staff. Visiting the clinic is like going to a different world for the upscale doctor. While there, Michael meets Autumn (Afton Williamson), a volunteer carrying on Anna’s work with the underprivileged. Seeing her compassion in action, Michael’s attitude toward serving the rich and poor is turned upside down, and he begins to see that there’s room in his life for everyone.

Series Finale

Episode 16 — In Case of Heart Failure
While attending an awards banquet, Michael reconnects with his old friend Gene – a photographer who recently found love while abroad in India. When Gene collapses on stage, Michael takes him back to Holt for treatment. As Michael struggles to find the source of Gene’s worsening fever, his new girlfriend butts heads with his overbearing but well-meaning mother as both women attempt to comfort the man they love.

At the clinic, a young woman with a broken toe reveals that her life was saved by a heart transplant six months ago. While tracking down her medical records, Kate learns something remarkable: the heart used to belong to Anna Paul. When the broken bone causes Fat Embolism Syndrome, a potentially fatal disease, it’s up to Michael to rush the patient back to Holt Neuro in order to save her life.
First aired: March 2, 2012.

space

Joelle September 8, 2013 at 3:35 pm

PLEASE BRING BACK A GIFTED MAN!!!! If not back on CBS put it on Netflix!!!

Michele B. July 10, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Honey Boo Boo and crap like that, the networks will air…

A show with heart, substance, spirituality and ethics they won’t…

What a world we live in, huh?

Penny June 26, 2013 at 10:14 pm

After I discovered this series on Netflix, I was thrilled to find a really good series, and I wanted more! Again, disappointment! Another good series bites the dust! Why? What is wrong with the so-called powers-that-be? It seems like any top-notch show, whether I find it by browsing Netflix or Hulu, is a series that caught the proverbial axe! I enjoyed this show immensely! Why not give it another shot CBS? Maybe another network? This show is definitely worth another try, a different time slot, a different network. The fan base for this show already exists, as demonstrated by these many comments from many disappointed fans. Peace!

Tony Chen June 25, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I love the show! I feel so sad when I heard that the show was canceled. I just want to remind you guys that this show has a huge amount of audiences not only in USA but also in Asia. As an asian, I really hope to renew the show.

Anonymous May 13, 2013 at 9:32 pm

My wife and I just picked up this marvelous series on Netflix and are very disappointed that we have just 4 episodes to watch before “NEVER MORE”. We both would love to see it have at least another season. Agree that it probably got cancelled because it was not violent or sick enough to get “top” ratings.

We also enjoyed the Firefly Series and then the final movie (made after repeated demands from the public & to the joy of the producers) was made and we also enjoyed it a lot.

Mayhap we all could make the difference with this series. Who knows.

Teri April 18, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I agree with all the above comments from Tim, Kelly, Kirstyn, Deb, Linda, and all the Karen’s. A Gifted Man should return. Please, Teri Bedford, Texas

Tim April 14, 2013 at 9:36 pm

The reason this show was cancelled is because it was a good and somewhat moral show. Can’t have filth like this show corrupting young democrat’s minds, now can we?

Karen April 10, 2013 at 10:56 am

This show was one of the good ones! What a shame that shows that are positive and not full of violence, murder, sarcasm, or degrading are still on the air but this positive one is not. CBS, sell it to ION they will air it.

Kelly March 17, 2013 at 5:24 pm

My husband and I love this show! Please bring it back!!

Karen Danielson February 20, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I loved this show and have watched all the episodes on Netflix this past week. It’s so rare to find a good tv show and then it’s cancelled. Please reconsider and bring it back.

Karen Smith February 5, 2013 at 7:52 am

OK, it’s probably all my fault this really different show got cancelled because:
1. I’m not a Neilson family (but always wanted to be and all we ever did was get a booklet twice from Neilson, and kept up with our TV watching for 1 week each time.

2. My Mother was very sick last year and I spent much time there, and when she watched TV, it was Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons. I like those shows, but I just didn’t watch shows to even talk to people, didn’t find out what was happening on TV.
I never had time to watch tv, but had downloaded the free episode on itunes and watched it. I purchased some of them.

3. I finally watched the show and was in love with the novelty of it. This “God-like” Doctor that most of us hate the personality, yet appreciate the talent. His wife, so opposite. and the way his eyes ligjt up with he sees her and tells his sister about her.
‘Finally, how his world turns upside down when he thinks he is crazy or sick.
But he isn’t sick and while he argues with her (love it when people see him doing that), he begins to change, whether he wants to or not.

4. But the show ends with him in a very bad place in his life and it ends? WHAT are you people thinking?

5. CBS – you made a mistake to let it go. Over the eyars, several shows have been cancelled, and other networks took them up.

EX. Monk and even Flashpoint had difficulties with CBS, making a season of 4 shows, but people wanted it so they made more. Finally, it got piceked up by the canadian network.

I don’t have time to research more, but don’t let this be a mistake, too. It is a good show. Please bring it back.

Kirstyn January 18, 2013 at 11:46 pm

I just found this TV series on Netflix and watched the entire 1st season in three days. I loved it and am dissappointed to hear it got cancelled. I was looking forward to catching it on TV and following along for a few more seasons.

Karen January 16, 2013 at 7:47 pm

This show was great! Why do they always cancel the good ones and leave on the stupid ones!!! We were so looking forward to its next season! Bah :(

Deb January 5, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I agree with Linda, please renew.

Linda January 2, 2013 at 11:23 am

This show was awesome. I had been looking for it in the Fall line-up, and thought mayt=be it would eventually return in January or Spring 2013. This was one of the quality shows on TV. Everything is either sex, violence or plain ridiculously silly and offensive.
Please bring this show back. Not to mention that the actors need jobs. They were all good.