First Look at ABC’s 2010-11 Fall Season Schedule

Grey's AnatomyABC has announced their upcoming schedule for the 2010-11 season. On the whole it looks a lot like the network’s current lineup. ABC had a few holes in their schedule to fill but not many.

Despite having a pretty solid line-up, ABC has ordered 10 new shows for next season. That’s a good move considering that many of their top shows — Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, etc. — have been around for quite awhile and are losing steam. If they don’t build new programming to take their places then ABC could find themselves in the same situation that NBC did a few years back. They kept their shows on for too long and weren’t aggressive enough in finding replacements.

V is being held until mid-season but might return by November, airing on Tuesday nights after Dancing with the Stars wraps for the fall cycle. V’s ratings weren’t strong enough to mandate a second season and was truly on shaky ground after a several month hiatus. Giving it a six to nine month doesn’t sound like it will help ratings.

Other shows being held until mid-season include Off the Map (a medical drama), The Whole Truth (legal drama), and two sitcoms, Happy Endings and Mr. Sunshine.

Below is ABC’s new fall schedule. If you don’t see your favorites, be sure to check out our list of ABC cancellations and renewals.

Sunday
7:00pm — America’s Funniest Home Videos
8:00pm — Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9:00pm — Desperate Housewives
10:00pm — Brothers & Sisters

Monday
8:00pm — Dancing with the Stars
10:00pm — Castle

Tuesday
8:00pm — No Ordinary Family (drama)
9:00pm — Dancing with the Stars (results)
10:00pm — Detroit 1-8-7 (drama)

Wednesday
8:00pm — The Middle
8:30pm — Better with You (formerly Better Together, sitcom)
9:00pm — Modern Family
9:30pm — Cougar Town
10:00pm — The Whole Truth

Thursday
8:00pm — My Generation (drama)
9:00pm — Grey’s Anatomy
10:00pm — Private Practice

Friday
8:00pm — Secret Millionaire (reality)
9:00pm — Body of Proof (drama)
10:00pm — 20/20

Saturday
8:00pm — Saturday Night College Football

What do you think? What do you think of ABC’s new schedule?

Greg May 20, 2010 at 5:00 am

Not a single show on the list that I watch or would watch.

Ted May 19, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Thank you for V and Castle, the only shows worth watching and the one that’s in trouble. You can have the rest of the tired medical shows where the doctors practice everything but medicine. The reality shows, I wish they would dance off the air.

Diane May 19, 2010 at 9:25 pm

I only see a couple shows I will be watching on abc. I would like to see abc bring back Eastwick and pickup Ghost Whisper.

wt May 19, 2010 at 4:33 pm

no much left to watch – hope V comes back

rosie D May 19, 2010 at 1:13 pm

ABC has nothing on the new line up i care to watch so i am out i dont even like their news broadcast i watch NBC or CBS

KSW May 19, 2010 at 11:36 am

Sure would like “V” to continue. It’s left us hanging . . .

JJ May 19, 2010 at 10:07 am

Other than Castle, I don’t see a SINGLE ABC show on ANY night of the week worth watching. There are already more than enough medical shows and one can only hope that all the reality drivel will end someday.

ChrisM May 19, 2010 at 7:57 am

Looks like I won’t be watching ABC much this fall – these shows stink

Gordy May 18, 2010 at 11:56 pm

ABC officially sucks after Sunday May 23rd and all thats left is over the top chick dramas. Make me puke already!

Adam Decker May 18, 2010 at 9:36 pm

The Whole Truth sounds very interesting. I’m surprised that no one else has thought of something like that before.

M D May 18, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I think I won’t be watching a lot of the ABC channel lol. They took everything off I loved and left on everything I dislike.

Troy Kane May 18, 2010 at 8:13 pm

I hope to see more of V.

One of my favorites!

Suzanne Kline May 18, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Looks like I won’t be watching this station. Nothing Good anymore.

Anthony May 18, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Ill give some of the shows a chance, but it appears more dramas and reality on the lineup this year… ABC has the penchant for cancelling shows early so not sure what to get into and what not to… me and my fiance watched Eastwick, and Flashforward this year and neither one of them survived…

who knows maybe there is a show or two that will surprise… guess I have to wait till at least November to see new episodes of V, which is about the only other show outside of the Middle we watched this season…

Teresa Karteczka May 18, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I love Castle, it is witty and refreshing. Can not say that for the rest of the line up. How many stupid reality shows are there? The same for medical junk, most of the line up is same ole, same ole of tired story lines with new faces.
I find that we watch more USA series or TNT where the series are original. Castle is a winner find more originals like it.