ABC Gives Four Shows Full Season Orders, What About the Rest? Cancelled?

EastwickIn the past several days, ABC has given out full season orders to four of the network’s new shows. Comedies Cougar Town, The Middle, and Modern Family have all received orders for nine additional episodes, bringing each to a total of 22 episodes for the season. ABC has also given FlashForward an order for 12 additional installments making for 25 episodes.

Of course, these shows could still be cancelled. However it does mean that, for now, the network has faith in them. Realistically, The Middle’s ratings haven’t been all that great and FlashForward has seen significant drops each week. It’s certainly not unheard of for a network to cancel episode orders (see Southland).

The freshman shows that, thus far, have been left out in the cold by ABC are…

Eastwick — There’s been nothing magical about this show’s ratings. It’s been losing viewers every week and last Wednesday, its numbers fell to a terrible 5.28 million viewers and an 1.8/5 in the demo. Things aren’t expected to get any better tonight. Is Eastwickcursed to be the first ABC show to be cancelled this season? Looks likely. Show support.

Which new show is most worth saving?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

the forgotten — Fans may have grieved over the loss of Christian Slater’s My Own Worst Enemy but they seem to be ignoring his new series. Last night’s episode fell to a record low in viewers and lost 45% of the Dancing with the Stars lead-in audience. It’s also performing very poorly in the demographic. Show support.

Hank — This traditional sitcom is currently the weakest link in ABC’s Wednesday night comedy block though not much worse than The Middle in total viewers. The 18-49 demographic numbers tell a different story however. Last week, Hank only brought in a 1.6/5, putting it in fourth place in the demo. This sitcom also has a chance of being the first cancellation of the season.

Shark Tank — This reality show debuted early and was kept on the schedule for Fall. The series was performing poorly in the Summer months and now, leading into the successful Dancing with the Stars, it isn’t doing any better. Last night’s installment was in fourth place for the timeslot in both total viewers and the demographic. There’s supposedly one episode left and to date ABC hasn’t ordered any more. Show support.

Of course, older shows aren’t safe from the chopping block either. Castle hasn’t been doing very well and will have a tougher time once Dancing with the Stars is gone. Ugly Betty returns on Friday and doesn’t have an easy road ahead.

What do you think? Are any of these shows worth watching and worth saving?

SEDA from Turkey July 22, 2010 at 8:18 am

I want to cry , cry ,cry !! Why all the shows that I like are being cancelled !? Eastwick was one of the best show I have ever seen. I would do everything if I have a chance to get it back …

Nancy July 10, 2010 at 6:54 pm

I was really astonished that Eastwick was being cancelled. I couldn’t understand why anyone would not love this show. The cast was fantastic. the writers were creative. I thought it was even better than charmed (and it was great) I really hope that someone gives consideration as to airing this program, if not on wsoc, but even on another channel. I’m sure it would have a lot of followers.

monte Larry May 23, 2010 at 2:23 pm

THIS IS DEDICATED TO THE IDIOTS THAT RUN ABC. YOU CANCELLED MORE GOOD SHOWS. GREAT! WHY DO YOU THINK CABLE NETWORKS THRIVE. HERE’S HOPING TO SEE YOU ALL IN THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING DOOPED INTO ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR SHOWS ONLY TO HAVE IT PULLED FOR SEVERAL WEEKS AND LATER RETURN, WHILE I AM LEFT SCRATCHING MY HEAD AS TO WHERE THE SERIES LEFT OFF. ABC YOU ARE A BUNCH OF FOOLS.

maritza April 24, 2010 at 6:06 am

WILL THE FORGOTTEN BE RENEWED. I LOVED THE SHOW.

admin April 24, 2010 at 6:56 am

@maritza: It’s almost assuredly dead.

Laurie April 22, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Get your act together ABC! I love all of your shows, but you really do need to stop changing the time slots. It irriatates us greatly!

naomi April 6, 2010 at 9:59 pm

It pisses me off that they would scrap Eastwick, even with all their stupid timeslot changes i still managed to watch every episode, & now were all left hanging with no closure? Screw ABC, they obviously don’t care about us, so i’m done with this station! CBS seems to be the only functioning station unless you got to HBO.

Rose March 14, 2010 at 7:54 pm

I agree ABC is the worst network. They hook you on a new show then yank it off the air then toss it around at different day and time, after a while you forget what day its on. I hope new shows go to other stations LOVE CBS, the still streamline all there shows. Streamline The Middle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid stupid stupid March 10, 2010 at 9:44 pm

I am getting sick of ABC in general. It seems to me that every decent show that comes on they do not give you a good chance of being able to watch it. They constantly switch times and days. I love the Forgotten, Eli Stone, and many more that they have not given a fair chance but yet they keep Wipe Out – give me a freakin break. Learn ABC please or you network is going to go down the tubes. People are losing faith in your network!!

sugandspice1111 March 10, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I’m so tired of getting hooked on a show and then it is gone. ABC does not give shows a chance. seems like when they want the show off they change the day and time. They gave Private Practice a chance and lets face it , it was a slow and stupid show at the begining. If they remove a show like castle without giving a good time slot that is there lost.

Adam Decker March 4, 2010 at 3:24 pm

I remember being a fan of different ABC shows like Pushing Daisies, Notes from the Underbelly, and Hank (which most people didn’t like). None of those shows are around anymore. I watched the first two when mostly all I got was just sound. I’d watch V or FlashFoward if they were on at a good time. Shark Tank wasn’t that bad, but it’s nothing worth missing. Castle is awesome and ABC can’t do to Nathan Fillion what FOX has done to him twice. Maybe ABC is too much like FOX. A CBS approach might be the best. Quit changing the lineup so much and keep things where they belong for as long as you air them. We don’t like timesolt changes and hituses for as long as we have them. Just keep thing consistant and there won’t be any trouble with viewers. You don’t want to make people stop watching your network entirely.

CHERILYN February 26, 2010 at 9:53 pm

THE NETWORK PUTS ON GREAT SHOWS LIKE EASTWICK (DON’T CANCEL IT PLEASE) AND RATHER THAN PUTTING IN THE EFFORT TO ASSURE THE SUCCESS OF THE SHOW THEY WANT TO BUMBARD VIEWS WITH SO CALLED REALITY SHOWS…F.Y.I. PEOPLES WE ARE TIRED OF THAT JUNK! WE WANT TO SEE SHOWS THAT ARE INTRIGING, HELPS US UNWHINE FROM THE HUSSLE AND BUSSLE THAT WE DO EVERY DAY…WHEN I SAW EASTWICK I WAS SO IN TO IT THAT MY FIANCE GOT TIRED OF BEING IGNORED BY ME AND SAT DOWN TO WATCH IT WITH ME AND GUESS WHAT? HE ENJOYED IT AS MUCH AS I DO. PLEASE BRING THE SHOW BACK…

Chele January 28, 2010 at 7:27 pm

I am just so annoyed at ABC, I am sick and tired of them green lighting 15 new shows each season and then cut all but 2. If you would just green light a handful and promote it people may watch. You split our focus b/w too many shows and then you put the freshman shows on hiatus for a few weeks and we don’t realize they are back on until it is too late! Get a clue ABC…I want Eastwick back, it has great potential to be the next Charmed and Black Magic Desperate Housewives (which I hate by the way). I now refuse to watch any new shows on ABC I am sick of getting involved only to have it yanked off the air.

Eastwick Fan January 27, 2010 at 9:27 pm

What does it take to get you to understand???????????? We LOVE Eastwick!!!!! If you would air it every week and advertise that it will ACTUALLY be on, people would watch faithfully. The fact is the publicity keeps coming out that it has been cancelled and so when the show took a hiatus people thought there wouldn’t be anymore episodes. Now ABC has screwed us again, by giving a little taste and taking it away. ABC’s loyalty to it’s viewers is even worse than NBC. If you can’t bring back Eastwick, I’m going to devote my viewship to CBS, TNT & USA. I know many more people who like Eastwick much better than Ugly Betty and most like it better than almost any of the shows that came out in the fall.

aidan January 27, 2010 at 5:47 am

over 1,000 people has voted and 57% for eastwick thats the best show. Dont take it off i love the show its one of the best ones in the world. The coolest magic show ever more cooler than harry potter and i like harry potter but i will rather watch eastwick than harry potter. Please dont canceled the show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont please am begging. I want to see more of eastwick i love it love love love IT !

fizzgig January 20, 2010 at 11:05 am

the only reason any long runnng shows on ABC are still popular is fan dedication. they have screwed lost fans time and again with taking it on and off the air, and having people lose interest in it. they did the same with desperate housewives, and eastwick. you cant take a show off for months and expect people to remember it. its the worst network. They put good shows on, you get attached, and then they are canceled. and not to play out a season??? why, so they can put on conveyor belt dating? or, who wants to date my ex boyfriend?
cable is picking up all the castoffs, they are wising up!