Cancelled & Renewed ABC TV Shows for 2011-12

Modern Family on ABCWhen is your favorite ABC TV show coming back or, has it already been cancelled? What TV series have been renewed for another season? How many episodes have been ordered? Well, wonder no more. Here’s a list of all of the regular ABC series that have aired (or are expected to air) during the 2011-12 season (now roughly September 2011 – August 2012).

Using this “cheat sheet” you can tell where your favorite ABC program stands; how many episodes are in the current season, when it’ll be back on the air and, of course, if it’s already been renewed or cancelled.

If you can’t find a particular ABC program on this list, it may have been cancelled last season (2010-11) or perhaps the one before (2009-10). For a list of cancelled shows from all networks, you can go here. It may also be possible that we missed something so feel free to let us know in the comments below.

NOTE: This page is no longer being updated. You can find the newest versions here.

TV showsCurrent/latest seasonStatus
Take the Money and Run1 (6 eps, aired)cancelled
Trust Us With Your Life1 (8 eps)not cancelled or renewed yet
Wife Swap7 (5 eps, aired)renewed for season 8
Wipeout5 (24 eps)renewed for season 6
Work It1 (unknown eps, 2 aired)cancelled

Here are listings for the other networks: CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC

What do you think? Which ABC TV shows won’t be renewed? Are there any that you wish would be cancelled?

Lisa September 3, 2012 at 7:08 am

PLEASE bring back NY Med next season. This show was edited and narrated with class which is something that isin’t seen much anymore on television. I have also learned a lot which will help my own families care in the future. This is certainly one show that deserves a comeback!

Kit August 29, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I to am very disappointed Pan Am was not picked up for another season. I do wish ABC would get rid of the reality showes they are the worst, just a waist of TV time.

Lynne August 23, 2012 at 11:27 pm

DEFINITELY KEEP NY MED… And I thought Missing had a lot of potential…wish you’d bring it back and flesh it out a little. I think it would be a big draw because it was so different from the other action shows.

Jean August 28, 2012 at 6:48 pm

I agree.

Gypsyartist August 20, 2012 at 5:45 am

Has Pretty Little Liars been renwed? I hope so. I love the show. Im disappointed Jane by Design was canceled. I enjoyed that show too.

admin August 20, 2012 at 6:56 am

Gypsyartist ยป Not yet. Also, that’s an ABC Family show and not ABC.

Nick August 17, 2012 at 10:14 pm

TheY canceled awake terra nova. alcatraz The firm I watch I wide variety of tv and the only thing that made it I watch is touch and supernatural
Need to get some better network directors Rob was cancelled with eleven million viewers so tell me who makes these dumb choices

Diana August 16, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Soooo upset that “The River” was cancelled!!! Can’t believe we have to be tortured through all these stupid reality shows, yet something interesting like “The River” doesn’t make it. BAD decision!!!

kim August 8, 2012 at 8:08 pm

HOORAY for The Middle! It speaks to a lotta peeps right now. Gives me something to laugh at OTHER than my sad paycheck. I completely identifie with the Hecks!

Louise Dagenais August 7, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Pan Am should not have been cancelled. It is a great show with great actors. If I had my choice Castle would be the show being cancelled… anytime over Pan Am.

Marnie July 31, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I’m so excited that there will be a season 2 of REVENGE. BEST SERIES I HAVE EVER ENJOYED.

kjt July 30, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Revenge should be cancelled.

Anonymous July 31, 2012 at 9:06 am

Revenge should NEVER be cancelled

Ang July 29, 2012 at 6:12 am

Pissed the river was cancelled it was interesting and different

gwen July 23, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I think all the shows that I enjoyed watching were cancelled, I really enjoyed watching Missing, I though it was great. Also cancelled was Unforgetable on CBS, and was really surprised that CSI Miami was also among the casualties, I realized that it had been on a long time, however there are other shows out there that their time to go is now also. I don’t think the networks gave the other 2 shows in their freshman season enough time.

idiots August 1, 2012 at 8:04 pm

was so excited to watch more episodes of missing only to find out it stops at 10 quick episodes :/

Shannon July 21, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Expedition Impossible was a great show. The team called “No Limits” were the best. I thought that the blind guy(Eric) was gonna be the one that inspired everyone watching to do things, but it was (in my opinion) Jeff and Ike. It was amazing to see Jeff do the things he did for Erik, and it was really awesome to Ike get hurt like he did and continue the rest of the race hurt. Taking nothing away from Erik, but the I was more inspired by the was that even though he was hurt, Ike continued the pryone should email ABC and make them put it back one air. ush forward. I’ve started to run again and my children have been doing charity races to help the less fortunate across our state.

Toni July 19, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I can’t believe ABC cancelled MISSING – that was a great show. Great show!!!

Anonymous August 29, 2012 at 8:39 am

I absolutely loved missing. Makes me mad it was cancelled!!!!! They are a butt load of shows that should be cancelled however, Missing was not one of them. Unforgettable was also cancelled. And Omg CSI Miami was cancelled. What are these decision makers thinking

Melissa July 13, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I have to say that I am SOOOO disappointed that ABC cancelled Pan Am and GCB. I LOVED both of those shows and will miss them this fall. Why does ABC keep such crap on TV like the Bachelor and the Bachelorette and cancels original shows…Get it together ABC, not everything needs to be “reality tv”.