Cancelled or Renewed? Status of ABC TV Shows [12/4/12]

canceled or renewed ABC tv showsIs your favorite ABC TV show returning or has it already been cancelled? What TV series have been renewed for next season? How many episodes are there?

Below is a list of all of the regular ABC series that have aired (or are expected to air) during the 2012-13 season — roughly September 2012 – August 2013. (I’ve also included Summer 2012 shows because people will be wondering about them too.)

Using this “cheat sheet” you can tell where your favorite ABC television program stands; how many episodes are in the current season, when it’ll be back on the air and, of course, if it’s already been renewed or cancelled.

Click here to see if there’s a more recent list or, to view past lists.

Here are listings for the other networks: CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC

Family Tools 1 (10 eps) debuts 5/1/13
Final Witness 1 (7 eps, aired) not cancelled or renewed yet
The Glass House 1 (10 eps, aired) not cancelled or renewed yet
Grey’s Anatomy 9 (24 eps) not cancelled or renewed yet
Happy Endings 3 (22 eps) not cancelled or renewed yet
How to Live with Your Parents
(For the Rest of Your Life)
1 (13 eps) debuts 4/3/13
Suburgatory 2 (?? eps) not cancelled or renewed yet
The Taste 1 (8 eps) debuts 1/22/13
Trust Us With Your Life 1 (8 eps w 2 unaired) not cancelled or renewed yet
Wife Swap 7 (13 eps) debuts mid-season
Wipeout 6 (?? eps) return TBD
Zero Hour 1 (?? eps) debuts 2/14/13

If you can’t find a particular ABC program on this list, it may have been cancelled last season (2011-12) or the one before that (2010-11) — time flies doesn’t it! For a list of cancelled or ending shows from all networks, you can go here. It may also be possible that we missed something so feel free to let us know in the comments below.

What do you think? Which ABC TV shows won’t be renewed? Are there any that you wish would be cancelled?

Marci December 21, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I love Castle so I hope it survies and gets renewed for 6th season

ant December 19, 2012 at 8:15 am

First flashforward Now last resort canceled !!!!!!! ABC SUCKS

Jan December 14, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Where are your heads ABC……..never mind, I am sure I know and it’s pretty dark up there, huh? I am also so OVER those mind-numbing reality shows like the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. You finally put on some decent, exciting and addictive shows like “666 Park Avenue” and “The Last Resort” and you geniuses go and cancel them. You over-paid, empty-headed idiots really do have a low opinion of your viewing public, don’t you? Many of us really do have more than half a brain in our heads and enjoy some challenging TV. Please wake up and don’t cancel these two shows. Trade in the bimbos and bimbettes instead!

Raymond December 10, 2012 at 11:38 am

CANCEL Duets !

Please.

Rob December 7, 2012 at 1:07 am

i hate abc so much…havnt liked anything on this network since lost…666 park avenue had plenty of potential… but instead they keep renewing the bachelor , very smart choice there abc… idiots

Caitlin Roberts December 14, 2012 at 7:04 am

Maybe because the bachelor has 10 million viewers and 666 park avenue less than half that? At the end of the day it is the viewer who cancels the show and not ABC.

P L Sims December 5, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I hope Malibu Country gets renewed. It is so nice to have a show on ABC that we can watch and laugh together as a family. Very few shows are family shows.

primetimeblabber December 3, 2012 at 8:35 am

I agree with all those who say get rid of the reality shows, their boring and always the same thing in each episode, with scripted shows we get something different in each episode….who wants to watch a show in each episode, where you dance, get judged, get votes and then see who is booted off, and then the next episode the same thing happens? or sing on stage, get votes, see who leaves the competition, and the next episode is the same thing? these reality shows repeat in every episode….that is not entertainment, that is like a repeat of a 1 episode tv show over and over and over again…..just plain dumb….

dido13 November 29, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Can some one please please explain to me why they cancelled a great show like 666 Park Ave but yet renew the stupidest show s ever The Bachelor and The Bachelorette ?
Same crap everytime they get together drink fight with each other…right until he/she picks one,,,only to break up in months !!! Really, I would love an answer. Thank You !

Kato December 12, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I agree. I hear Scandal and Nashville might not come back either. They already cancelled 666 Park Avenue and Last Resort and we enjoyed both. And they put our favorite, Revenge, on a bad night. We used to just leave the TV on ABC almost 24/7 but I can see I’m aging out of this network as the stupidest show I’ve ever watched, Happy Endings, is still in the running as well as The Bachelor. If the two first mentioned get cancelled I guess I’ll be checking out the other networks. Good going ABC. Have fun entertaining the vacuous.

dido13 November 20, 2012 at 4:04 pm

So they cancel a great show like 666 Park Ave but bringing back one of stupidest shows ever “The Bachelor” So they get rid of a great show but keep a show that is the same lame thing over and over again….women fighting over some guy who is only going to dump them months after picking them. Who is running this network anyway ?

Craig November 26, 2012 at 5:52 pm

The network is run by people who are trying to make the network the most money they can. While I don’t enjoy The Bachelor, its ratings are so much higher than 666 Park Ave., that it easily brings in much more money than 666 Park Ave.

SD December 3, 2012 at 2:12 am

Its also cheapper to produce The Bachelor than 666 Park Ave

kathy November 19, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Keep Last Resort please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dad and I watch it and love it. At least pitch it to another network. The ratings have to pick up.

Andrew Cintella November 4, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Please leave Last Resort on air. Such a great show about the navy, and submarines. Has me on the edge of my seat every Thursday

markelys October 30, 2012 at 2:40 pm

please save the last resort. do not cancelled the show.

shirleyscallion October 23, 2012 at 7:09 pm

i love body of proof sure hope it is coming back

Adam Decker December 6, 2012 at 2:10 pm

To my knowledge, it is this season. I’m not sure yet about the next.

Collector of Dead Series October 22, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I am proud to say I have never watched Survivor, American Idol or Dancing w/ Stars et. al. I wish these contest type shows would just DIE off. I find it amusing to watch Wipoeout & I really like The Amazing Race when I get to see it.

I am awaiting the new season of Body of Proof & the only other appointment TV for me is Grey’s Anatomy “the the thats all folks”
I was hoping Alcatraz would be a mid-season replacement but sadly NO. It started off well but 1/2 way thru it went to far to fast & lost that sense of mystery of what happened to the missing prisoners. It all became about greed BORING!!!!! The fun was in solving the huge mystery of the Rock & about the characters ALL OF THEM! They all had things hidden in their pasts.

JoAnn Clemons October 12, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Last Resort, please keep it… I am so tired of the reality shows. I would not go on national television to announce to the world I can’t find a husband/wife! The ones that make your IQ drop 50 points watching it! Please…