Accidentally on Purpose: Jenna Elfman Hoping for Season Two

Accidentally on PurposeJenna Elfman’s CBS sitcom, Accidentally on Purpose, completed its freshman season last week and she and the rest of the cast (Jon Foster, Lennon Parham, Grant Show, Nicolas Wright, Ashley Jensen, and Pooch Hall) are anxiously waiting to hear if the TV show will be renewed or cancelled.

The CBS series has been a joy for the veteran sitcom actress to do and Elfman recently told FOX News “The more people watch, the better our chances are at getting a second season, which I really hope we get, because I really enjoy doing the show.”

Unfortunately, the show’s prospects don’t look very good at this point. The ratings weren’t as high as the network wanted and even last week’s finale didn’t bring high ratings. It brought in a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demo and just 5.23 million viewers. Unfortunately, that’s a new ratings low for Accidentally on Purpose and CBS has other promising sitcoms waiting in the wings.

TV show supportIf Accidentally on Purpose is somehow lucky enough to escape cancellation, Elfman is looking forward to seeing how Billie and Zack handle parenthood together.

A mother of two, she told ET, “I think it is going to be hilarious to see this couple as parents. They are like two different generations. Parenting raises some amazing issues. My husband and I have been together 18 years. We hit new levels of conflict and dilemma and love. Everything that a relationship has magnifies when you bring a child into it.”

What do you think? Would you like to see how they handle parenthood or was the finale a good way to end Accidentally on Purpose?

Canceled and renewed TV show

129 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. learra says

I am COMPLETELY in love with this show…. I spent the ENTIRE day sitting on my bed watching this show as it streamed off the internet!!! I was laughing the whole time!!! please, please, make a second season for the love of all entertainment!!!!!

2. Samm says

I would love another season!! This is one show that myself and the hubby enjoy watching together and it is sooo funny! We need to see how Billie and Zack handle parnethood!! Please have at least one more season!

3. Anonymous says

I personally want to see how those two handle parenthood, I hope that they stay together due to only knowing 9 months of each other, and only going out 1 month prier to the birth.
    But yes i would enjoy another season, So please, make a second season. Yours truly, a very wanting Canadian

4. Ruth and Eric says

My husband and I loved watching the show. We laughed all the time and enjoyed watching it together. We would love to see it come back for a season 2 because Billie and Zach would be hilarious parenting together. It was a very funny show and I have grown up on some GREAT sitcoms like Three’s Company, Cosby Show and 227 !!! We truly would love to see this sitcom come back for a second season !!!! Thank you

5. says

I have to say that my husband and I were extremely disappointed that the show was cancelled after only one season. Out of the shows that I have grown up watching, including Friends, How I met Your mother, Everybody Loves Raymond, this show is at the TOP of my favorites. The actors are fantastic, the comedy is refreshing, and I have NEVER laughed at any sitcom so hard! I hope so much that they decide to continue to make more episodes after season 1, because it was a HUGE mistake to cancel this amazing show.

6. Kimberly says

I think that if the show MUST end, then it had a good ending and at least we know what happened. However, I do wish that the show would continue. It seems that lately, I can’t find a show that I like, that will only have one season! If there is any way to continue it, PLEASE do!

7. Anonymous says

8. Raquel says

I love this show… It’s hilarious!!! I really want to know how Billie and Zack handle parenthood…. Definitely make a season 2!!!!