Accidentally on Purpose

Accidentally on PurposeNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 18 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 21, 2009 – April 21, 2010
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jenna Elfman, Jon Foster, Lennon Parham, Grant Show, Nicolas Wright, Ashley Jensen, and Pooch Hall.

accidentally on purpose past TV show

TV show description:
Based on the bestselling memoir by Mary F. Pols, this sitcom tells the story of a single woman who “accidentally” gets pregnant.

Billie (Jenna Elfman) is a thirty-something movie critic from San Francisco who’s still feeling the pain from a breakup with her charming boss, James (Grant Show). She’d hoped to marry him someday but he wasn’t ready for that, especially since he’d already been married once before.

At a local bar one night, Billie meets Zack (Jon Foster), a lovable twenty-something chef, and the two have a one-night stand. Soonafter, Billie finds out that she’s become pregnant from the brief affair. Though she’s freaked out, Billie decides to have the baby.

For advice, Billie turns to her free-thinking best friend and fellow journalist, Olivia (Ashley Jensen), and her little sister, Abby (Lennon Parham), who favors a much more conservative and conventional way of life.

She tells Zack the news and the two decide to live together, but only as friends. It’s more for convenience than anything else since Zack had previously lived in a van.

Billie wants to keep her pregnancy quiet for awhile, especially from James who’s just decided he wants to pick up where they left off. The secret doesn’t last long at all and the situation becomes more complicated since, at times, Billie’s attracted to both of the men in her life.

Zack’s friends, like Davis (Nicolas Wright) and Ryan (Pooch Hall), seem to come along with the package. When they start to turn her place into a frat house, Billie isn’t sure if she’s living with a boyfriend, a roommate, or if she just has another child to raise.

Series Finale

Episode 18 — Speed, part two
Billie, Zack, and Davis are pulled over for speeding again, by the same Officer Ravitz. Though Billie’s in labor for real this time, the cop’s not falling for it and takes Zack off to jail. Zack proclaims that he will be there in time to see their baby born. Much to Billie’s dismay, Davis will have to take her to the hospital and coach her through the labor and delivery of the baby.

While Zack is jailed with two colorful cellmates, he tries everything to get released — including enlisting the help of Abby and Nick. Olivia ultimately negotiates Zack out of jail and they all get to the hospital in time to be present for the birth of Henry Krawchuck.

After everyone has left, Billie finally accepts Zack’s marriage proposal, ensuring that they will be raising their son together, as a family.
First aired: April 21, 2010.

space

Jan May 4, 2010 at 12:08 am

We love to watch all her shows. Old and new. Don’t stop now.

Jan

Manda April 24, 2010 at 6:29 am

Jenna Elfman is one of my fave actresses !
Don’t cancel this show !
It gets me thru the week !

Kim April 21, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW! I laugh through the entire episode, every week. Please PLEASE do not cancel

anne April 12, 2010 at 8:45 am

it’s a GREAT show
it always makes me laugh

Kelly March 29, 2010 at 5:23 pm

This show is FANTASTIC!! Very, very funny and enjoy watching each week – cannot wait for it to be back on…. Love Jenna Elfman and now Jon Foster… the chemistry between the two is great, light-hearted and easy going this is a great show ~ keep it on!!!

carla stultz March 24, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Its a good show! Keep it on!

Jim March 15, 2010 at 9:41 pm

My wife and I really missed this show last Monday and again tonight. What a mistake for CBS to remove a bright, funny, fresh show like Accidentally on Purpose in favor of Rules of Engagement which was already tried and failed. Wake up CBS, realize a winner when you have one.

Kitty March 12, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Where has this show gone??? I’m missing it terribly … so is my husband. We looked forward to it each week and really hope it hasn’t been cancelled. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Erin March 12, 2010 at 12:22 am

I love Accidentally on Purpose…Davis is hilarious hahaha

Michelle March 4, 2010 at 5:53 am

I turned on my T.V. Monday night to watch my regular Monday night programs and to my surprise there was no Accidentally on purpose on at 8:30pm. Instead it was replaced by the already failed and cancelled show Rules of engagement what the hell is up with that? I mean come on really? please do us all a favor and bring back accidentally on purpose. Or better yet keep Rules of engagement on, cancel Two & half men (that show has gone to s**t) and put accidentally on purpose in its place.

Amanda February 19, 2010 at 10:17 am

This show is so funny! I really hope they do not cancel it. There is not another comedy show out there that makes me laugh like this show does. The other shows are just blah and nothing special, but in this show you can feel the chemistry with the cast which makes for a great show. I truly laugh out loud at this show.

austin tx February 18, 2010 at 11:57 pm

I found this show to be the best new or old show on TV. My daughter turned me on to the program and I watch it every week. It is a funny but interesting, showing the difference of maturity between the ages. I was so glad to see something original on. I was not really a fan of Elfman till this show but love her in it. I think Foster does a great job and quite a hunk. KEEP IT GOING

Kim P February 15, 2010 at 7:01 pm

I love this show, Please DONT cancel it…

Terrie B October 26, 2009 at 7:35 pm

I love this show. I cant wait till the next week when its on. So glad to have something great to watch again .

Eric Greenhaw October 12, 2009 at 10:14 am

I thought I’d give this one a chance due to Elfman being in it. Surprisingly I didn’t have to wait for it to be funny, like Hank, which is a stinker. Accidentally On Purpose was hilarious off the bat. Both my wife and I were rolling through the Pilot and second episode. Can’t wait for the third!