Against the Wall: Cancelled; No Season Two

Against the Wall canceledLifetime has decided that neither of its freshman dramas are worthy of a second season. The cable channel cancelled The Protector in September and they’ve now canned Against the Wall as well.

Against the Wall stars Rachael Carpani as Abby Kowalski, a single cop who joins the Chicago department’s internal affairs division. The series’ co-stars include Andrew Walker, Brandon Quinn, Chris Johnson, Daniel Kash, James Thomas, Kathy Baker, Marisa Ramirez, Mayko Nguyen, Steve Byers, and Treat Williams.

Debuting on July 31st, the show attracted a mediocre 1.8 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic, about on par with The Protector. Unfortunately, the numbers didn’t improve throughout the season. The 12th and 13th episodes (now the show’s last) aired on October 23rd. They each drew 1.4 million viewers and 0.4 demo ratings.

Lifetime recently ordered 10 more episodes of successful (and likely ending) Army Wives and also has Drop Dead Diva to help launch new shows. The cable channel has ordered The Client List, with Jennifer Love Hewitt reprising her role from the successful movie. Lifetime also has a few pilots on tap like Modern Love starring Eric Stoltz, American Housewife with Melanie Griffith, and Sworn To Secrecy, a movie and back-door pilot that stars Neve Campbell.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Against the Wall won’t be back for a second season? Why do you think the drama didn’t catch on?

Chris September 4, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I really enjoyed watching Against the Wall… I am disappointed that shows like Dance Moms and all that Housewives junk with all that bad, stressful & tasteless arguing about nothing that matters are still on the air. Shows with actual writing and storylines are being dumped for junk TV. I liked Against the Wall, Missing, Pan Am, A Gifted Man and The Firm. What a shame junk is being left on TV and thought to be enjoyable =(

sharon September 1, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Please bring it back!!!!!

Ciera August 31, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Im so mad, I loved this show! What do we have to do to make it come back on!

Cindi August 30, 2012 at 12:24 pm

WHY WHY WHY???? I enjoyed Against the wall so much and for Lifetime to cut it loose and keep some of the garbage they think is good, I am not quite sure who is making such decisions, it just baffles my mind?!
I will miss it very much and I also wanted to know who Abby chose, not too mention some other great story lines they had brewing!
BAD BAD BAD Lifetime execs.

Brittany August 29, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Boooooooo!!! I so wanted to know who she picked (Brady) plus see the eye candy plus I loved this show I can’t believe it’s not returning so very disappointed!!! Cut down or cancel other shows that definitely don’t deserve to still be on… really… really… please PLEASE reconsider!!!

Randi August 28, 2012 at 9:45 am

BRING BACK AGAINST THE WALL!!!!! WE’RE DISAPPOINTED IT’S GONE!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Chas Henry August 27, 2012 at 11:05 am

I watched every episode of Against the Wall and was looking forward to season 2. So sorry it has been cancelled.

toni August 26, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Lifetime….really? What are you thinking? Against the wall was an awesome show, we want it back!

Carol August 26, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Very disappointed to find out they canceled Season 2. I’ve been so looking forward to it. What a great show!

BARBARA A. DELUCA August 25, 2012 at 7:58 pm

THE SHOW AGAINST THE WALL WAS A GREAT SHOW. I WAS WONDERING WHEN IT WAS COMING ON AND FOUND OUT IT WAS CANCELLED. SHAME ON YOU. YOU LEAVE DANCE MOMS ON AND THE OTHER THE OTHER RIDICULOUS TV REALITY SHOWS IT DOESN’T MAKE ANY SENSE NBC CANCELLED HARRY’S LAW , ANOTHER GREAT SHOW. SHARK WITH JAMES WOODS WAS ANOTHER GREAT SHOW CANCELLED FROM CBS. YOU ARE TAKING ALL THE GOOD SHOWS OFF THE AIR. I WILL THINK TWICE BEFORE WATCHING THE LIFETIME CHANNEDL, NBC AND CBS IN THE FUTURE.

Tanisha August 23, 2012 at 4:01 am

I really enjoyed Against the Wall. I rarely watch Lifetime and definitely won’t start back after they cancelled this show. It’s always the good ones that go.

Darbie Mc Dougal August 21, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I liked Against the Wall…a story about a woman playing a man’s game. I think a lot of us don’t get counted in the ratings of TV shows because we record shows! The stupid shows all stay on…and the good ones get cancelled! Please explain!

Andrea August 19, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Why why why? Lifetime has lost me as a viewer thats for sure! Sure Dance Moms is freaking still on but let’s cancel a great show! Dance Moms is a bunch of piece of crap drama queen brats and their crazy bitch of a dance teacher! it has no value or substance! It’s superficial at best. Against the Wall was fantastic and Lifetime has lost me as a viewer until this is fixed.

Taleighta August 19, 2012 at 8:35 am

I loved this show and looked forward to a season 2 I find it heartbreaking that it is cancelled. Please bring it back!!

Tasha August 14, 2012 at 11:49 am

I LOVED,LOVED against the wall!! I’m so freakin disappointed that they cancealed it..