Against the Wall: Cancelled; No Season Two

Against the Wall canceledLifetime has decided that neither of its freshman dramas are worthy of a second season. The cable channel cancelled The Protector in September and they’ve now canned Against the Wall as well.

Against the Wall stars Rachael Carpani as Abby Kowalski, a single cop who joins the Chicago department’s internal affairs division. The series’ co-stars include Andrew Walker, Brandon Quinn, Chris Johnson, Daniel Kash, James Thomas, Kathy Baker, Marisa Ramirez, Mayko Nguyen, Steve Byers, and Treat Williams.

Debuting on July 31st, the show attracted a mediocre 1.8 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic, about on par with The Protector. Unfortunately, the numbers didn’t improve throughout the season. The 12th and 13th episodes (now the show’s last) aired on October 23rd. They each drew 1.4 million viewers and 0.4 demo ratings.

Lifetime recently ordered 10 more episodes of successful (and likely ending) Army Wives and also has Drop Dead Diva to help launch new shows. The cable channel has ordered The Client List, with Jennifer Love Hewitt reprising her role from the successful movie. Lifetime also has a few pilots on tap like Modern Love starring Eric Stoltz, American Housewife with Melanie Griffith, and Sworn To Secrecy, a movie and back-door pilot that stars Neve Campbell.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Against the Wall won’t be back for a second season? Why do you think the drama didn’t catch on?

MaShawn October 9, 2012 at 9:56 am

How about getting rid of some of these reality shows on tv and actually keep some good drama shows on for a change. I loved Against the Wall. I couldn’t wait for season 2 to come on to see who Abby chose. The characters were very interesting and the shpw had some great writing. I would have like to have seen where this show could have gone. Forget the ratings. Actually leave something on tv that we are interested in for a change.

J Hanford October 8, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Definitely disappointed that this show was canceled. One of the few I recorded and watched each week.

Mitzie Bailey October 7, 2012 at 12:46 pm

lifetime could have given the show a chance it had great potential the characters were great and so was the story line good things come to those who wait lifetime bosses you need to bring back the show i think you had a winner on your hands but you just let it go.

Anonymous October 8, 2012 at 8:25 pm

My husband and I loved that show :(

I'joni October 4, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Not sure why the show didn’t do better with viewers. It had two strong lead female characters. The main character was very smart and independent. Her parents were two well known actors (Kathy Baker and Treat Williams). The acting was great all around and show was well written. Very disappointed to find out ATW is cancelled. :(

Amanda October 1, 2012 at 7:14 pm

I can’t believe it’s canceled. I wanted to see who she picked. Please bring it back!!!!

gary delobel October 1, 2012 at 2:56 pm

i can not belive you canceled against the wall .. me and my wife loved that show we where hoping it woulkd come on soon .. i look it up on here and got bad news it was canceled not cool please get the 2 season back on please we love it ok thanks

Lizelle Brink October 1, 2012 at 5:42 am

I’m not watching any of Lifetime’s other productions until there is a season 2 for against the wall. Why is it alway the good stuff that has to go???????

theresa betancourt September 28, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I loved this show was wondering if they would get a another
season . It was one of their best shows very disapointing I was
hopeing it would return

M September 28, 2012 at 9:48 pm

I LOVED the show. Seriously? Like you want us to watch the crappy drop dead diva ? its stupid and pointless…

geewizzzkid September 28, 2012 at 6:42 am

they always drop the great shows and keep the crap like drop dead diva! against the wall was a great show! i hope dropping it comes back to bite you in the ass!!!

Penne September 26, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Cancel the male version of Dance Moms and bring back Against the Wall. It was great.

Kathleen September 25, 2012 at 6:23 pm

This stinks, i have waited to see who she picks! I loved the show

karen September 23, 2012 at 6:18 pm

It was a very good show sorry to see it end.

AJ September 21, 2012 at 1:05 pm

yes – totally pissed that they cancelled ATW!!! Loved that show!!!

BBB September 19, 2012 at 4:10 pm

ATW was one of the best new shows last season. The characters were interesting as well as the plot. Sometimes the numbers don’t tell the whole story-like the only time I can watch the show is with On Demand. What about us? Don’t we count?