Against the Wall: Cancelled; No Season Two

Against the Wall canceledLifetime has decided that neither of its freshman dramas are worthy of a second season. The cable channel cancelled The Protector in September and they’ve now canned Against the Wall as well.

Against the Wall stars Rachael Carpani as Abby Kowalski, a single cop who joins the Chicago department’s internal affairs division. The series’ co-stars include Andrew Walker, Brandon Quinn, Chris Johnson, Daniel Kash, James Thomas, Kathy Baker, Marisa Ramirez, Mayko Nguyen, Steve Byers, and Treat Williams.

Debuting on July 31st, the show attracted a mediocre 1.8 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic, about on par with The Protector. Unfortunately, the numbers didn’t improve throughout the season. The 12th and 13th episodes (now the show’s last) aired on October 23rd. They each drew 1.4 million viewers and 0.4 demo ratings.

Lifetime recently ordered 10 more episodes of successful (and likely ending) Army Wives and also has Drop Dead Diva to help launch new shows. The cable channel has ordered The Client List, with Jennifer Love Hewitt reprising her role from the successful movie. Lifetime also has a few pilots on tap like Modern Love starring Eric Stoltz, American Housewife with Melanie Griffith, and Sworn To Secrecy, a movie and back-door pilot that stars Neve Campbell.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Against the Wall won’t be back for a second season? Why do you think the drama didn’t catch on?

tammy December 30, 2012 at 9:04 am

I vote season 2. Will Abby get married?

not saying December 30, 2012 at 8:39 am

Change the name to The Horny Detective, that should bring viewers!

not saying December 30, 2012 at 8:48 am

Love the show, I want another season. But please, less sex would be great

not saying December 30, 2012 at 8:54 am

I vote season 2! Watched it since day 1

Anonymous December 27, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I can’t believe they didn’t continue! I want it back!

strclovebug December 15, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Can’t believe they canceled.Against the wall . So sad it won’t be returning.

Anonymous December 16, 2012 at 10:10 am

Agree loved Against the Wall.

lydia December 13, 2012 at 9:35 am

This sucks! I will nere know who she chooses!!!!

Aileen December 9, 2012 at 9:10 am

Cant’t believe they did that! It was a good show better than army wives really. Shame on you for not knowing what’s good and what’s not!

anna valence December 7, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Please bring back Against The Wall season 2! i really love the show and I’m so disapointed that it is canceled. Please bring back the show and it is hella worthy for season 2! the show have its own viewers and I say that i do love it very much, i really think that you need to do season 2 pronto. and Lifetime please do read all of our comments here cause we are all bummed out that you keep us hanging and then u canceled it. Please and Thank you.

Julie December 6, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Bring back the show, I loved it. I loved all the characters in the show.

MonaGS December 1, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Please bring back the show “Against the Wall.” There are too many stupid reality shows on TV these days, and we need more shows that have substance. “Against the Wall,” not only has good writing with interesting story lines, it also has some super acting. Those of us who are fans of the show certainly wanted to see which guy Abby was going to pick.

shewolf49015 November 25, 2012 at 8:50 pm

BRING IT BACK! Take off all these bullshit reality shows! Those people need to really get a life! I don’t care to watch theres! You take off all the good ones!

Anonymous November 23, 2012 at 11:35 pm

I loved this show. Just thought about it tonight when out with friends and wondered what happened to it. I can’t believed lmn cancelled it.

Breana November 15, 2012 at 8:22 am

Now im really sad! i wanted to see who Abby would end up with! :( Well atleast The Client List is still a go :))

Magueli November 13, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Bring back the show….seriously!!!!! We need to know who she picked…my vote is for Brody. Reality TV has put a big damper on good television shows. Sorry actors you might soon be out numbered by the Snookies and Situations of the world.

Colleen November 13, 2012 at 7:11 am

I also liked this show. I don’t watch much tv so I am very disappointed to lose a show that was good. Hope you reconsider or at least do an ending
one time show. Don’t leave
us hanging without an ending. I also don’t enjoy your reality show there is too many of them

Cyn November 13, 2012 at 1:24 am

Bummed. I have been waiting for season 2 of against the wall. Boo! I really liked it and the character Abby.