All My Children: Last Episode Airs September 23rd

All My Children last episodeAs fans are all-too-aware, ABC has cancelled All My Children and One Life to Live. The latter will air its final episode and now, ABC has announced that the last episode of All My Children will air on September 23rd.

Here’s the press release from the network, which also highlights some of the past castmembers who are returning over the summer.

ABC WILL BROADCAST ITS FINAL EPISODE OF “ALL MY CHILDREN” FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23

ABC will broadcast its final episode of the Daytime Emmy Award-winning drama series, “All My Children,” on Friday, September 23. The iconic series will end in a manner that respects the show’s legacy and honors its history.

Out of love and respect for the show, many beloved actors will be returning to Pine Valley, including Josh Duhamel (Leo Du Pres), Eva La Rue (Maria Santos), Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater), Carol Burnett (Verla Grubbs), Kate Collins (Janet Green), Jennifer Bassey (Marion Chandler), Melissa Claire Egan (Annie Chandler) and Leven Rambin (Lily Montgomery), among others yet to be announced. Final episodes will celebrate the stories of the families that fans have grown to know and love over the years.

Recently nominated for a total of 13 Daytime Emmy Awards in 2011 and hallmarked for its iconic brand of humor and satire, “All My Children” has been prized with more than 30 Daytime Emmy Awards over the past four decades, including the three-time top honor of Outstanding Drama Series. January 5th, 2011, marked the celebration of 41 years on the air for “All My Children.” Praised for its socially conscious foundation, the show has been at the forefront of such issues as AIDS, rape, abortion, alcoholism, spousal abuse and racial bias, among others.

Created by Agnes Nixon, “All My Children” premiered on the ABC Television Network on January 5, 1970, as a half-hour show; seven years later it expanded to an hour. Julie Hanan Carruthers is executive producer with Lorraine Broderick as head writer. “All My Children” is produced in Los Angeles and airs MONDAY-FRIDAY (1:00-2:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

What do you think? Will you tune in to see the last episode? How about to see some of the returning performers?

Anonymous August 6, 2011 at 11:14 am

ABC can go “chew” themselves after September 23rd..and choke on whatever they are chewing…

arlene parker August 15, 2011 at 5:41 pm

RIGHT ON Anonymous -

Ally July 22, 2011 at 11:09 am

I won’t be watching any thing new on ABC. The only way to make a difference is to actually do what we say we will do. But its up to us to go through with it. Good luck ABC, you will need it. You also gotta love the advertising they put on during the AMC hour talking about the new show called ‘The Chew’. I am sure AMC fans everywhere get nauseous at the same time.

sad & upset July 21, 2011 at 5:42 pm

im still in shock. I cant believe these soaps are being replaced for reality shows which will only last a few seasons. How could they think the ratings will drop if they stay on. I think they will surely drop once the soaps end. I have no reason to watch ABC anymore

Anonymous July 11, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I have been watching All My Children for the 41 years that it has aired. I have been involved with One Life to Live for about 18 years. It is a real sad thing that these shows are ending like this. I agree with others, the garbage that is replacing these two shows is ridiculous! These two soaps are not only entertaining, but have actually brought forth social issues to the public in a good positive way. ABC will be losing me as a viewer as well. Goodbye to the two best soaps ever!

Fox Jericho July 2, 2011 at 7:32 pm

As long as The Young and The Restless lives on, I couldnt care less about these. But I gotta admit, seeing titans like this fall is sad.

The Blue Rose June 30, 2011 at 8:25 pm

I refuse to watch anything on ABC because they are canceling my soaps! Talk is cheap! And that is what you are replacing my soaps with! Cheap, mindless talk. I hope your ratings drop faster than black Monday!

Mary July 3, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I thinnk that ABC will get the message when in all reality viewers refuse to watch more of the same rehashed trash! They are cancelling two of the best soap operas in television history for another food show (what about all the obesity issues of today) and another reality talk show most likely hosted by none other than Katie Couric (who will most likely be paid more than it costs per year to produce both of these soap operas). We all should boycott all produces that are sold by the advertisers on ABC; then when they start to hurt in their wallets, maybe they will force ABC to leave our soaps alone. We have to start now, maybe we can save All My Children and they will not touch One Life To Live…First thing to do is to google a list of all advertisers on ABC, then we go from there…

misty blue July 7, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Agreed! No more ABC for me either. I have been watching these Soaps for years and now you will see your rating drop!

Anonymous June 30, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I am sad for the loss of these soaps. I wish we could save them.

NEK38583 June 30, 2011 at 6:46 pm

This is so sad, that the they are refusing to sell these soaps. I think that ABC could save these soaps if the wanted to. We need to just boycott the new shows, and keep the protest going.

Kat July 1, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Even if no one watches the new shows, they’ll just replace them with some other crap shows… ’tis the way of reality TV.