All My Children, One Life To Live: Official Plans for Cancelled Soaps Announced

All My Children and One Life to LiveIt’s official. Cancelled soaps All My Children and One Life To Live will live on as online dramas. Prospect Park has released a press release and will offer furth details in the next few weeks.

We are pleased to confirm that Prospect Park is reviving the beloved soap operas, All My Children and One Life To Live as the anchor programs on The Online Network (TOLN).

Today we are also pleased to confirm that Prospect Park has:

1) signed guild agreements with both SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) and the DGA (Directors Guild of America);

2) entered into a consulting agreement with Agnes Nixon the creator of All My Children and One Life to Live guaranteeing her active involvement;

3) hired Foz McDermott (coordinating producer Heroes) as TOLN’s head of production, Jennifer Pepperman (Director, One Life to Live) as Executive Producer on One Life to Live, and Ginger Smith (Producer, All My Children) as Executive Producer on All My Children; and

4) arranged the necessary financing to begin production in February on both All My Children and One Life To Live.

We thank the loyal audience and new generation of fans of both shows who have demonstrated that passion and exciting story lines are not just reserved for traditional television. Their enduring support encouraged us to move forward each and every day. We look forward to sharing more details including our launch air date and additional specifics in the coming weeks.

Please encourage fans to visit http://www.theonlinenetwork.com/ to subscribe to updates.

Jeff Kwatinetz and Rich Frank

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that the soaps are returning online? Do you have any apprehensions about how the revivals will be handled?

sue March 8, 2013 at 2:30 pm

thanks for the return of all my children/one life to live

Amanda January 12, 2013 at 7:27 am

It would be awesome if, SoapNet was able to show the episodes too.
I wonder what’s going to happen with all the OLTL characters that went to GH. Didn’t they kill Hope & Cole off? So would Starr be without both of them when OLTL starts….
I’m still wondering who was shot on the AMC finale….hopefully we will find out soon.

Anonymous January 12, 2013 at 3:20 am

I did want to see ALL MY CHILDREN, until I started watching very old reruns of
the same show. I saw Amanda fighting David Hayward for her own baby. Now I’m
not saying he doesn’t have his

CeCe January 11, 2013 at 9:07 am

I an very excited, I’ve watched one life to live from the
The very beginning. Would love to see some
Of the former actors back on

Sunfish January 10, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I am glad that they have finally come to some decision and seem to have the organizational aspects in place. I wonder about the casting, however. I was a late-arriving All My Children fan because of a guest star, and when he left…I didn’t. I don’t fancy watching it on my computer…not especially comfortable…but I am very interested to see what happens!

Wendy January 8, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Yea!!!!!

Genise January 8, 2013 at 11:07 am

I am very happy and was so sorry to see it go. I wish it had stayed on the TV everyday as opposed to all the junk they put on (I do not watch –my TV has an off button) however they did not check with me or many others so it was cancelled as we see. However we see is coming back via internet I just hope they hold true to their words and it happens. I am so happy!!! Can’t wait and hope they do indeed keep us updated as to when. I tried so hard to watch General Hospital, but just could not get into it, I am sure it is a good show and some of the actors followed and I sure hope they come back but I know how it is when you have a job and move on and they may or may not – that is life as we know it. We all have to move on at some point in time. I wish them the best at whatever endeavor they take on and hope they have a very successful life no matter what! I just want OLTL to come back and whoever watched AMC to have the same chance too. Good luck to everyone that has hoped and wished for this day! GS

Lou Ann January 7, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Will be very happy if oltl is revived !!!

Christi January 7, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I’m soooooo happy to hear this . All my children is my baby was not a happy camper when taken off, but now sooooo happy.

Marty January 7, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I am thrilled with this news. I have missed OLTL more than I can say. Both shows are such important parts of American television history and should have never been taken off the air. I certainly look forward to their return. Thank you Prospect Park.