Allen Gregory: Officially Cancelled, No Season Two

Allen Gregory canceled season twoAllen Gregory may have a grandiose opinion of himself but his animated series just couldn’t cut it. The low-rated TV series has been officially cancelled.

At the FOX portion of the TCA Winter Press Tour, FOX Entertainment President Kevin Reilly confirmed what we’d long suspected. He said simply, “We will not be making any more Allen Gregory.” The network will however continue to work with the show’s star and co-creator, Jonah Hill, noting that he already has a live-action comedy in the works with the network.

Featuring the voices of Hill, French Stewart, Nat Faxon, Joy Osmanski, Christina Puccelli, Jake Johnson and Renee Taylor, Allen Gregory debuted at the end of October to soft ratings. Viewership dropped as the weeks progressed and the animated sitcom quickly became one of the lowest-rated scripted series on FOX.

The network had initially ordered just seven installments and, even though episodes of animated shows require more lead time to produce, they made no indication that they were planning to order any more.

The last episode of Allen Gregory aired on December 18th, surrounded by repeats of other FOX shows, and hit a new series low in the ratings.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Allen Gregory won’t be back for a second season? Did the creative team go too far with the show or not far enough?

spencer May 25, 2012 at 9:50 am

WTF they cancell Allen Gregory but not Bobs burgers?!?!
its a bunch of STUCK UP IDIOTS with no sense of humor. Allen Gregory was really funny. i guess people are just still ignorant and close minded and arent readyfor a gay dad cartoon with a gay son. That show was 1 of the best bring it back! of not then cancell BOBS BURGER ASAP!

Animation Squirrel May 16, 2012 at 11:52 am

Good riddance. The character was arrogant and selfish, not to mention totally unrelatable. Bob’s Burgers fits much better into the lineup and has a stellar cast of voice talent, most notably H. Jon Benjamin.

Tonya April 25, 2012 at 5:56 am

I loved allen gregory it was so funny i always liked fam guy and american dad but somethin about aleen gregory swept me away i loved it andhats why i took the time to google and see what was up with it but i kinda figured it was gone they should really reconsider and really bobs freakin burgers made it longer??? What a messed up world that show sucks theres nothin funny about stupidity i will not proceed further with anythin jonah hill ends up doin i liked him but the more i read on him the more concited hes gettin he thinks hes to good for anythin he does and anyone he works with im don with fox i can see fam guy n american dad on adult swim n dowload steve so i am not givin them ratings for anythin sounds dramatic but tjere hasnt been any show or movie thats toped allen gregory on my lidt n seriously house ?? Ive never seen it but ive seen enough previews to no they ran outta ideas centuries ago i mean come on ive heard hes duesd like 12 times kill em off for good along with all that other reality bs u show thanks fox for never givin it a chance

Cellia Jordan April 17, 2012 at 5:20 pm

My husband and I loved Allen Gregory!! I thought it was a very clever plot, and the character of A.G. was something new and fresh to Television> Please Bring the show back!!!

John Wills March 25, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I hated the pilot for this show, but liked all of the episodes after that. My partner and I were just talking the other day about how we haven’t seen the show lately. It’s a bummer to find out that it has been cancelled. I hope that they do renew it.

Phylicia January 29, 2012 at 8:49 am

I was iffy about Allen Gregory. I didn’t hate it but I wasn’t in love. Obviously because I didn’t it’d been cancelled until right now. I was looking for it on OnDemand a few days ago and couldn’t find so I moved on w/ my life and just remembered this morning so I went to Fox.com to watch any I’d missed and it wasn’t there either. The only reason I googled it is because I’m a curious little kitten. But I’ll live with the fact that it’s cancelled. DON’T CANCEL BOB’S BURGERS! I love that show. The youngest daughter brightens all of my boring, annoying nights at work. :)

Anonymous January 28, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I loved allen gregory! It was hilarious, please please bring it back!

maxwell hammer January 21, 2012 at 11:39 pm

“I don’t understand why this show was cancelled.”

I hate it and don’t know why it was picked-up to started with. Smart move fox, now please get rid of Bob’s burgers. Worst animation ever along with no writing.

mimi321 January 29, 2012 at 5:22 pm

It sucks how allen gregory was canceled but bob’s burgers was renewed…I really think that producers of the show couldve done more I think it was the right show at the wrong time I mean look at family guy it was canceled and brought back and the comedy of family guy is crude but funny I wish someone would bring back allen gregory