Allen Gregory: 2011-12 TV Season Ratings

Allen Gregory ratingsHere are the ratings Allen Gregory. This TV series follows a precocious seven-year-old, Allen Gregory De Longpre (Jonah Hill), who’s being raised by his father (French Stewart) and his father’s life partner (Nat Faxon). Because of the recession, Allen is forced to attend elementary school. The first season of Allen Gregory typically airs Sunday nights at 8:30pm on the FOX network.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season, the best way to tell if Allen Gregory will be cancelled or renewed for season two. Check out our FOX ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

UPDATE: Allen Gregory has now been cancelled.

Final season averages: 1.97 in the 18-49 demographic with 4.16 million total viewers.

Episode 01-07: Sunday, 12/18/11 (season finale but surely series finale)
1.5 in the demo (-38% episode-to-episode change) with 3.38 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.97 in the demo with 4.16 million.
Demo average rank: #12 of 13 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-06: Sunday, 12/04/11
2.4 in the demo (+60% episode-to-episode change) with 5.26 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.05 in the demo with 4.29 million.

Episode 01-05: Sunday, 11/27/11
1.5 in the demo (-21% episode-to-episode change) with 3.1 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.98 in the demo with 4.09 million.
Demo average rank: #11 of 12 scripted TV shows on the network (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012).

Episode 01-04: Sunday, 11/20/11
1.9 in the demo (-5% episode-to-episode change) with 3.94 million.
Season average: 2.10 in the demo with 4.32 million.

Episode 01-03: Sunday, 11/13/11
2.0 in the demo (-5% episode-to-episode change) with 4.24 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.17 in the demo with 4.44 million.

Episode 01-02: Sunday, 11/06/11
2.1 in the demo (-13% episode-to-episode change) with 4.32 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.25 in the demo with 4.54 million.

Episode 01-01: Sunday, 9/30/11
2.4 in the 18-49 demographic with 4.7 million; fourth in the timeslot.

The debut was up against some serious competition and certainly didn’t come out ahead. It lost 40% of its lead-in audience from the special Halloween installment of The Simpsons. A year ago, FOX was airing the World Series so that’s not a fair comparison. If we look at last November 7th instead, the network was down by 33% in the demo (compared to an episode of The Cleveland Show which registered a 3.0 rating).

After one episode, Allen Gregory is the lowest-rated animated series on FOX and the second-lowest rated scripted series, beating only Fringe. Certainly not a good sign for the show’s future.

What do you think? Do you like the Allen Gregory TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Sam November 28, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I like it. I like the animation, I like Allen Gregory’s questionable intellect. I love his school friends and I adore his sister. Some of the story lines I will agree are too much, but with some fine tuning especially with the dad’s and the sicker story lines I think it has great potential. Most series need warm up time. Give it a chance make it ha ha funny instead of gross funny. I think you’ll have a better chance of survival!

Ross November 28, 2011 at 8:10 pm

This is not going to get a second season, nor should Napoleon Dynamite earn one.

Tuxedo November 27, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Horrible series. Painful to sit in and finish an episode. Jona, you were funny only in Superbad.

Dan November 24, 2011 at 11:06 pm

screw that I don’t want this unfunny crap on comedy central

Brooke November 23, 2011 at 6:35 am

This show belongs on comedy central at 3am paired between infomercials. I’m trying to watch it to see if it changes because I watch most of the other sunday night fox shows but I’m just not grasping it. On the AG facebook page there are people there that love it but yet don’t explain why. The people that dislike it far outweigh the people that do like it have similar opinions to my own and others posted on here. I just don’t get it. I don’t see it being picked up or making it a full 1/2 season at all…But then again stranger things have happened and *gasps* Jonah Hill is on it. btw…not a fan of his at all.

Tha Critic November 14, 2011 at 5:45 pm

This is one of the worst animated shows of all time.

Gho$t November 13, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Fox is losing its credit with people for alot of serious reasons…Who picks a Cartoon like “Allen Gregory” and puts it in a line up with big hitters like “Family Guy” and “Simpons”.
I watched “Allen Gregory” twice and have been disgusted by the content. Its not funny at all and the idea behind the story line must have been a crack binge idea.
Fox is also contending with AMC who is drawing massive support with “Walking Dead” and the new “Hell on Wheels” which both have new episodes every Sunday.

Limalicious November 5, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Horrible, disgusting and not funny!

Tha Critic November 3, 2011 at 2:59 pm

So I watched “Allen Gregory” like I said I would and I agree with everyone that it is very bad. I just wasn’t impressed with it. The lead character is unlikeable to boot and the animation is flat and uninspired. The self-centered nature of Allen could be played for laughs and I chuckled at some of the dialogue but he just started to annoy me. And the sexual infatuation he has with his principal is grotesque. At least make him have a crush on his teacher. Gotta be real but the gay parents freaked me out.

Tha Critic November 2, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I saw like the last 5-10 mins of it. Didn’t make me laugh much. I have a free episode on my PS3 so I’ll check it out to see if I agree.

Kathryn McKenzie November 1, 2011 at 9:58 am

This show is all wrong for Fox, but maybe it could find a home on Comedy Central or some other cable channel. The humor (if you can call it that) is way too weird for primetime TV.

Vincent November 1, 2011 at 7:30 am

This is horrible. It would do better on Comedy Central. Not a very good show at all.

roger November 1, 2011 at 1:49 am

i watched three minutes and i couldn’t take it anymore what in the hell was FOX thinking?

Vinnie October 31, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I can honestly say that this was one of the worst television shows that I have ever watched. Unfortunately, I watched the whole thing… Not really sure why, but I did.

Craig October 31, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I didn’t think an animated show could make me feel so nauseous and like I needed a shower.