Almost Human: Cancelled by FOX, No Season Two

Almost Human canceled or season twoFOX has lowered the ax on Almost Human. The show has been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

Taking place in the future, Almost Human follows the partnership of a distrustful cop (Karl Urban) and an android capable of emotion (Michael Ealy). The cast also includes Minka Kelly, Mackenzie Crook, Michael Irby, and Lili Taylor.

The series started strongly in the ratings but the numbers declined over the course of the season. The season finale hit a series low with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.6 million total viewers.

Almost Human was reportedly still in the running for a second season until recently. Apparently several of FOX’s new pilots are strong contenders for next season so network execs have decided to let Almost Human go.

What do you think? Did you like this series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Anonymous October 31, 2014 at 5:13 am

I was looking forward t season 2 and I was shocked when I found out it was cancelled. I hope public outcry will bring it back. There are so many bad shows that seem to go on forever and when a good on comes along it last one season. It makes no sense.

Rorke Warne October 29, 2014 at 9:43 am

Absolutely my favorite show! Of course the loser execs at fox would cancel it, it was too intelligent for them or the stupid tastes of normal Americans. There is nothing good on fox except for the news. Tragedy!

Anonymous October 28, 2014 at 12:32 pm

I have no faith in shows on Fox anymore. They throw away perfectly good shows in the name of ratings and not in what is working and think that no one will notice.

Nikit Jarmo October 28, 2014 at 11:52 am

I went in with the worst expectations but was happily surprised. Ofcourse it was cancelled it was a intelligent show. Fox would like it better if there was more T&A just like the rest of there supposed shows……………

Ray October 23, 2014 at 8:03 am

Loved the show. But what do you expect from FOX? They let good shows go down the wayside. Firefly and now Almost Human. Do the execs at FOX not like the shows that take place somewhere in the future?

Lynne October 20, 2014 at 4:38 pm

We enjoyed the show and the actors! It should not have been canceled!!!!

chi chi October 17, 2014 at 8:24 am

Figures. I finally have something decent to watch and they cancel it.

Xtina October 4, 2014 at 8:07 pm

I just don’t get it. How do they actually decide what we are watching and like? I record almost everything or rely on using On Demand because I can’t watch shows when they air but that doesn’t mean I don’t like them. Wtf! Gonna stop watching tv altogether since all the shows my husband and I like get cancelled. Any possibility of releasing season 2 straight to DVD or Netflix?

gayle September 30, 2014 at 4:43 pm

DON’T CANCEL, PLEASE
MUCH BETTER THAN A LOT OF THE STUPID SHOWS THAT HAVE BEEN ON YEARS, TOO MANY YEARS

Don September 29, 2014 at 7:14 pm

But most likely they are going to do the same thing as another show …But with a different name…. and call it theirs.

Way to go you had something new and different … and threw it away.

I will MISS IT, and I wish FOX would reconsider.

Troy September 25, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Fox had been doing a good job with shows that were original. An opportunity was presented to develop an interesting and entertaining. I liked the show because it was different. I will miss it and I wish FOX would reconsider.

Debra September 22, 2014 at 8:46 pm

This was one of the two shows that me & my husband actually watched. All of the other shows on TV now are not even worth watching. We are so upset that this show has been cancelled. At least the other show we enjoy watching hasn’t been cancelled!!!

Nichole September 21, 2014 at 5:41 pm

I really like the show and think it should be given another chance. It is hard to watch a show when it starts late in the season and then takes several weeks off. The characters have a good relationship with each other and the story lines are interesting. I am setting up my recordings for the season and was disappointment to find out this was not coming back.

Anonymous September 21, 2014 at 3:03 pm

I really liked this show!!! So bummed that it’s not continuing for a second season!

katzdrm September 20, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Loved this show…. cannot believe some of th he scrap that is on TV instead of this. What a shame…