Almost Human: Cancelled by FOX, No Season Two

Almost Human canceled or season twoFOX has lowered the ax on Almost Human. The show has been cancelled after one season of 13 episodes.

Taking place in the future, Almost Human follows the partnership of a distrustful cop (Karl Urban) and an android capable of emotion (Michael Ealy). The cast also includes Minka Kelly, Mackenzie Crook, Michael Irby, and Lili Taylor.

The series started strongly in the ratings but the numbers declined over the course of the season. The season finale hit a series low with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.6 million total viewers.

Almost Human was reportedly still in the running for a second season until recently. Apparently several of FOX’s new pilots are strong contenders for next season so network execs have decided to let Almost Human go.

What do you think? Did you like this series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

220 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Derek P says

I was very sad when I found out Almost Human was cancelled they need to bring it back I was soooo looking forward to season 2!!!!!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!

2. Alice says

I loved the show, I really liked John and Dorian they complemented each other very disappointed in Fox, please bring it back

3. Viv says

I really enjoyed this show
    To cancel a show, ..”.because other new shows look promising, is a miscarrage of common sense

Every one blast this page to keep the show on.

4. Marcie says

I love Almost Human!! Great show I enjoyed everyone of them. I even had family members watch on demand to catch up on the episodes they missed. This is so upsetting!!!!!!! Please bring this show back.

5. sherry says

I am very disappointed to learn that you have canceled Almost Human. FOX has misinterpret the rating _ changed the time. I am sure much of the audience watched the show on Hulu as your run time was too late on a work night for me to watch. If you simply changed the time to 8pm any day of the week you would see that I am right. I don’t care to watch Fox this season, you’ve made a grave mistake, your prime time schedule really looks bad.

• TV watcher says

The show was on at 8pm (7 central time) on Monday. That seemed early enough to me. Not sure they could show it any earlier. It was a horrible show with terrible acting (and I like some of the cast a lot), but there is a certain demographic that would enjoy this show. It may just be too expensive for a low viewership.

6. lynn says

Honestly, I hardly watch FOX anymore because they ALWAYS cancel perfectly good shows and keep trash instead. I mean WTF??? What do they have for minds on the panel of (supposed) people that reject great shows like Almost Human and keep crap running that no one in there right mind would give a dam about!

7. Anonymous says

This is a great show why oh why do FOX do this time and again for Sci-fi program’s but keep the same old reality show rubbish. FOX do yourself a favour and approve a 2nd series

8. cobe says

I loved the show, unfortunate to hear that it’s being canceled. I saw all the episodes and I enjoyed them all.

9. Jbowie says

What a shame. Very good show with a lot of potential. Hopefully another network will recognize that potential and pick it up

10. Wayne says

All I can hope for now is that netflix picks this up as it did arrested development. I did my part to keep the show on I included it with my weekly log to the Nielsen group but I guess that was not enough

11. phil says

Who gives a crap what a bunch of pretentious critics think?
    Once again FOX listens to the wrong people and totally blows it!
    The people who watch the show are the ones payin the bills not the critics!
    Great show. Pull your heads out and bring the people season 2.