Being Human: Syfy Series Cancelled, No Season Five

Being Human canceled by SyfyLast year, the UK version of Being Human was cancelled after five seasons. Now, Syfy has cancelled the US version after four seasons and 52 installments.

Here’s a press note from the cable channel:

With the second half of “Being Human’s” 4th season set to kick off, our human-at-heart characters are about to embark on a journey full of twists, turns and surprises that will culminate in a spectacular series finale on Syfy, Monday, April 7th.

Showrunner Anna Fricke and the talented producers, writers, cast and crew have done an amazing job bringing this show to life over the past four seasons and we sincerely thank them and the series’ production company Muse Entertainment for their hard work. They’ve saved the best for last with the final six episodes that revisit the story’s beginning, leading to a not-to-be-missed send-off for Aidan, Sally, Josh and Nora.

What do you think? Do you like this Syfy series? Do you think that Being Human should have been renewed for a fifth season?

Racheal Poitra August 23, 2014 at 10:50 pm

don’t end the series. I watch this show every week. I look forward to it after a long day.

Garett August 23, 2014 at 1:25 am

I really loved the show. Its lame they’re making this mistake to cancel it

Jessie Lutz August 23, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I agree…..don’t end this wonderful series.

Grace July 24, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I looked forward to watching Being Human, Bitten, and Lost Girl every week and now that Being Human is cancelled, Lost Girl is only on in Canada, and Bitten is no where to be seen as of now, I don’t really tend to watch Syfy anymore. Once Bitten starts up again, I will watch but other than that, no other reason to watch Syfy.

You should definitely re-consider your choices!

Jonathan July 20, 2014 at 10:08 am

I really love this show, I wish they would had renewed for a fifth season, i’m really going to miss it, this became one of the shows I couldn’t wait to see every week.

Zoey July 14, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I looove this show,please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessie Lutz June 8, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Please please please bring this back for a fifth season you know you can make it work and we want to watch

ChadUpstate NY June 4, 2014 at 4:06 am

if you look closely… it almost seemed that the first half of the forth season the actors were more robust and into it, the mood def. changed during the second half.. no way that they went into filming this season know it would be the last, plus syfy would have advertised it like warehouse 13 saying right off the bat that this season would be literaly “the final episodes”… theres more to this then we’ll ever know… But def. they decided to call it half way through, remember when josh was running and excersing constantly and was pretty buff? then the 2nd half he bulked down quite a bit… i bet more than anything the actors had to comeback and film the final 5 or 6 episodes after finding out they got the shaft!

sheila weindel June 1, 2014 at 6:45 am

i like this show it is sad that cancelled show there some many thing you can do with this show

Dannielle Obenchain May 31, 2014 at 4:17 am

Wow?!? I’m shocked! I didn’t see this coming at all!! Wow!! This and lost girl are my favorite sci fi shows now than Stargate is over and warehouse 13 is in its final season what are they thinking? Makes since why they introduced bitten with season 4 of being human. Well dang they cancel all the good shows!! Bring back Stargate Atlantis and all will be forgiven or at least a movie of SGA and SGU since we got no closure!!

Genxbohemian May 30, 2014 at 12:29 pm

I think they ended the show at a good time, though the last episode did seem a little hasty.

It will be in my Boxset collection

Linda Firestone May 30, 2014 at 6:29 am

Please don’t cancelle it. It has a lot more viewers then you think. How do you know how many people watch it anyway. They are so very wrong.

gina May 30, 2014 at 5:52 am

this was the best show that syfy has ever come out with. being human is the best series ive watched in years. who gets to make these decisions, its certainly not up to the fans who actually pay extra for certain tv packages just for 1 channel, so they can watch this 1 unbelievably awesome show. its also really the only reason I ever watch that channel anyway. im going to have to redo my dish plan to exclude this channel now

jeff May 14, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I WAS SHOCKED AND VERY SAD WHEN BEING HUMAN WAS CANCELED. THE SHOW WAS WRITTEN AND PERFORMED MUCH BETTER THAN THE UK VERSION.
THIS SHOW COULD HAVE EASILY SURVIVED FOR 2 MOE SEASONS. SYFY MADE A HUGE MISTAKE. I WILL THINK LONG AND HARD BEFORE DECIDING TO BECOME INVESTED IN ANOTHER SYFY SERIES.

Tim May 10, 2014 at 5:38 pm

It is always sad to see favorite shows go. The Syfy channel has so few quality shows – mostly just really bad movies – it should reconsider its odd choices.

Lynn April 23, 2014 at 6:11 pm

That show was number 1 with me and my friends. Taking off a so successful show was the stupidest idea. Who ever made that decision should be shot. I still can’t believe you cancelled it. You had the best actors, stories, place, etc. YOU ARE FOOLS. Just because England died this show in America was thriving with fans. So SORRY to see it go.
You do know you can change your minds. Maybe a better owner would do the trick. Once again YOU ARE FOOLS.