Almost Human: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Almost Human canceled or season twoThis evening marks the season finale of Almost Human on FOX. Will it also be the last episode? Should this sci-fi series be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Almost Human takes place in the future and follows the partnership of a distrustful cop (Karl Urban) and an android who’s capable of emotion (Michael Ealy). The cast also includes Minka Kelly, Mackenzie Crook, Michael Irby, and Lili Taylor.

The show debuted on a Sunday in mid-November and drew a 3.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.18 million total viewers. It was a very healthy start, thanks in part to the fact that it had an NFL game as a lead-in. The numbers dropped more than 26% for episode two on the following night.

Over the course of the season, Almost Human’s ratings have been on the decline and now seem to have settled around a 1.6 in the demo with about 5.5 million viewers. That’s a far cry from its premiere.

While the show’s chances for a renewal could certainly be better, they could be worse too. Overall, the FOX schedule is in pretty sorry shape so that could spell good news for Almost Human. They’ve had lousy luck with new shows and some older shows have lost a lot of steam so the execs may be hesitant to cancel this one.

The decision will likely come down to how confident they feel about the network’s new dramas but I suspect Almost Human will get a 13 episode renewal for next year.

But, what do you think? Do you like Almost Human on FOX? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Crystal March 13, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Its one of the best shows on TV – Love Karl Urban – please don’t cancel.

Ginger matthews March 13, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Please do not cancel Almost Human I love it!

Elaine March 12, 2014 at 9:36 pm

I Love this show, if you cancel it I am done with this channel PERIOD.

0.22643147481187137 March 12, 2014 at 8:01 pm

I have been waiting for a good sci-fi show to watch. It has different twist and chemistry compained to Continuum. A cop drama more aligned with Lethal Weapon action. Please don’t cancel. Maybe change the airtime, I also watch Blacklist. If you do decide to cancel. A large following will purchase the dvd of season 1.

Donna Hoover March 12, 2014 at 7:25 pm

This one needs to stay Almost Human is new, fresh, you never know what to expect this show is a welcome change for FOX. The Actors are great and I just love the banter between John & Dorian. Love this show so entertaining

Leslie March 12, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Please don’t cancel. Our whole family watches it, from a teen girl who usually doesn’t like this type of show to my 19 year old son and myself who do. Even my husband who watches alot of PBS, History channel, etc enjoys it. I was trying to get my sister’s family on board too.

Tami J March 12, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I really like this show, mostly because it’s unpredictable and not so full of golly relationship heartache that comes with other action-drama series. The futuristic setting provides an endless realm of possibilities and potential for creativity. The characters are witty and the acting is good. I watch very few TV shows but this one I wait for every week.

Tami J March 12, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Goopy. Not golly!

The Mitchells March 12, 2014 at 11:29 am

I am not in the 18-49 demographic so I am not being counted in the ratings. Maybe the show needs re-evaluating. Foox needs to count all viewers. This is a really good show. I hope Fox keeps in on the air or at the very least runs a few more episodes to tie up loose ends.

Mike March 12, 2014 at 5:28 am

Please don’t cancel the best sci-fi cop show on TV. All cop shows are the same but this one. This show is unique and the cast mesh well together. Like many shows the first season introduces the characters. This show has action and humor. I enjoy watching Dorian becoming more human and the bond he has with John getting stronger. I also want to see if John and Valerie hook up. I also want to find out what secrets Rudy holds about Dorian. So, please allow us to enjoy another season of this awesome show.

Carmen March 12, 2014 at 1:22 am

‘Almost Human’ has to stay! It is one of the wittiest, action-filled shows on TV and our whole family loves it. Not to mention that we’ve been craving a decent sci-fi show for a while and now that we’ve finally got one FOX wants to cancel it? WHY?!

Erin March 12, 2014 at 12:41 am

C’mon!! This is a great show. Renew!!

Olivia and Family March 11, 2014 at 10:45 pm

My whole family loves “Almost Human”
It’s FUNNY, SMART, and it appeals to all members of my family,
from 9 years old to 50 years old. Male, female ,and canine!!

ReShell March 11, 2014 at 9:03 pm

please oh Please don’t cancel Almost Human. it’s my favorite show!!!!

Jessica March 11, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Somebody tell us what we as fans can do to ensure another season? Follow it on twitter? Join or start a fan page? What?

Jessica March 11, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Please please please don’t cancel Almost Human!!!! And please keep all the original cast members as well. I love it, I love everything about it, the way it is. How can they keep garbage like kardashians, ghost hunters, and other mind numbing, completely pointless crap like those and cancel the great ones? I just don’t get it. Do they take into consideration that a lot of people either can’t watch it the night its on or prefer to watch sans commercials so they watch it on hulu instead of fox.
Also, I hate the idea of designated “Neilson” families deciding what’s good television and what’s not. What makes them qualified to speak on my behalf. If we can vote for a president, vote to pass new laws, (as much as it pains me to say this next one I will anyway) & vote for dancers, idols and talent, then why not vote for our regularly scheduled programs instead of entrusting the decisions amongst strangers?