Almost Human

Almost Human TV show on FOXNetwork: FOX
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: November 17, 2013 — March 3, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Karl Urban, Michael Ealy, Minka Kelly, Mackenzie Crook, Michael Irby, and Lili Taylor.

TV show description:
This sci-fi police drama takes place 35 years into the future, in the year 2048. It’s a world in which police officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids.

Detective John Kennex (Karl Urban) is a cop who’s survived one of the most catastrophic attacks ever made against the police department. He wakes up after a 17-month coma. He can’t remember much — except that his partner was killed. He’s lost one of his legs and is now outfitted with a highly sophisticated synthetic appendage. He suffers from depression, mental atrophy, trauma-onset OCD, PTSD and the “psychological rejection of his synthetic body part.”

John returns to work at the encouragement of his longtime ally, Captain Sandra Maldonado (Lili Taylor). Every cop must now be paired with a robot and, despite his passionate aversion to androids, John is no exception.

He’s partnered with a battle-ready MX-43 model. He abruptly terminates this pairing after the robot discovers incriminating information about him. As a result, technician Rudy Lom (Mackenzie Crook) introduces John to Dorian (Michael Ealy), a discontinued android with unexpected emotional responses.

Although these responses were deemed flaws, it’s these “flaws” that John relates to Dorian most — John is part-machine and Dorian is part-human. John and Dorian’s understanding of each other not only complements them, it connects them.

As he adjusts to working with his new partner, John also must learn to get along with his new colleagues, like the sharp and insightful human intelligence analyst Detective Valerie Stahl (Minka Kelly) and Detective Richard Paul (Michael Irby), a distrustful man who doesn’t welcome John back with open arms.

Series Finale:
Episode #13 – Straw Man
Kennex and Dorian revisit the past when a string of murders are similar to those committed by a serial killer who was put in jail by Kennex’s father. Dorian gets his first performance review after being reactivated.
First aired: March 3, 2014.

What do you think? Do you like the Almost Human TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

561 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Kelly says

I certainly hope that Almost Human survives the gluttony of vapid, mind numbing TV that is currently running rampant on television today. I think it is unnecessarily violent, but that seems to be the norm anymore. Another show that is intelligent, entertaining, worth watching and will probably be cancelled is Mind Games with Christian Slater and Steve Zahn. Please give it a try if you haven’t yet.

2. Amanda says

This show has been good. I look forward to watching it on Mondays. It’s true what others saying, get another audience and let it gain it’s fan base. The show comes an goes unexpectedly so how does the network expect it to do as well?

3. franinnoho says

So, Fox might blow it AGAIN, this time with a cool show like “Almost Human”. They don’t have the sense to notice when a great pair like Urban-Ealy come along – you have to get SOOOOO lucky to strike that! But, no! They couldn’t keep “Lie to Me” either. If they want my eyeballs, they’ll keep “Almost Human”; find a way to get the re-runs of “White Collar” (if they ever become available the way “Monk” did – oops! They couldn’t get that, either). They just don’t want my eyeballs, I guess.

4. Heidi says

Please keep Almost Human. The plot lines are creative and I just love the interplay between Kennox and “D” – funny one moment, poignant the next. It is a “thinking” show: it raises interesting (deep) issues without condescending or preaching to the viewers. I appreciate the layers!

5. says

I love this show, if they cancelled it I’ll be forced to watch bbc and bravo etc 24/7, I will give up on major network shows. They cancelled shows before they can find an audience.
    A good example is Breaking Bad it would have been cancelled on a major networked. Instead they let it finds it’s audience.

6. Anonymous says

ITS SAD THAT THIS SHOW COULD BE CANCEL IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR IT EVERY MONDAY. I NOTICE BEFOR IT WOULD SHOW UP THIS MONDAY AND NOT THE FOLLOWING MONDAY. IT JUST UP SET ME ONLY BECAUSE IM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE NEXT INTERESTING COP SHOW BRING IT BACK THANK YOU ERNA. G

7. Tarina says

I hope this gets another season….. it’s rare that I can get the whole family to watch TV together…. without the kids looking on their phones/devices. Awesome casting, very interesting stories, nicely writen, cool special effects and it’s been getting decent ratings. A recipe for a renewal Fox execs! Stop teasing and do it already, renew!

8. Anonymous says

Please renew this show. If crap like the Kardashians can be on, let something that shows robots with more personality than those fakes stay on.

9. Cheryl says

I love this show.The characters and the plots are interesting and keep you involved. I would really miss it; it should not be cancelled.

10. Billy says

I like the actors the show is well written. It’s the best new show this year. Hey fox do something right for a change.

11. Annie says

I really really hope Almost Human is renewed. The show is thoroughly enjoy this show !

Have NEVER given my opinion on a TV show before.

12. Don says

Renew. Bones is now a bore so is someone has to go, let Bones or something like that go. It’s now starting to get interesting.