Alpha House: Amazon Series Gets Second Season

Alpha House season twoAmazon has reportedly renewed their original series Alpha House for a second season. The first season of 11 episodes concluded last month.

Starring John Goodman, Clark Johnson, Matt Malloy, and Mark Consuelos, Alpha House follows four US Senators who share a house in Washington, DC. It was created by the creator of the Doonesbury comic strip, Garry Trudeau.

To work on the second season, Washington Post reports that Trudeau will put his long-running strip on an extended hiatus but will continue to create new Doonesbury comics for Sundays.

There’s no word on how many episodes have been ordered for round two of Alpha House or when they will be released.

What do you think? Have you watched Alpha House? Are you looking forward to season two?

kathy September 20, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Loved Alpha House please do a second season regular tv stinks we need shows like this

Rich April 13, 2014 at 1:31 pm

I would not be surprised to see a season 2 cancelled…From what I understand John Goodman is having serious health issues. Was fantastic though regardless.

Kathy Stevens Austin March 26, 2014 at 4:24 pm

I loved every episode Trudeau is brilliant. I laughed a lot. I will buy season 2. :)Kak

James March 20, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Absolutely LOVED every episode and I cannot wait for the new season to air!! Why this isn’t on a major network is beyond me!! Amazon hit a home run with this one!

catherine February 22, 2014 at 1:02 am

I enjoyed every episode of Alpha House and look forward to more

David Perham Sr February 19, 2014 at 3:00 pm

It doesn’t matter that Matt Malloy’s family were next door neighbors of our family in the 1970’s. Our kids have kept in close touch with Matt through the ages. Even if this were not the case, he would play my favorite character on my favorite show on TV!!!! I am so happy that the show is renewed for a second season. When does it begin airing again??

Jill Ann Horowitz February 13, 2014 at 10:16 am

I am so glad Alpha House is going to season 2, it was the highlight of my TV week during season 1! One the only things worth watching!