Alphas: Has the Syfy TV Show Been Cancelled? [Updated]

Alphas season three or canceled?Fans of Syfy’s Alphas have been waiting patiently to find out if the TV series will be back for a third season. Apparently they’re not alone.

Yesterday, actor Ryan Cartwright (autistic Gary Bell on the show) tweeted, “Wow. Won’t know about #AlphasS03 until next year :x”

Then, earlier today, he wrote, “Gonna assume #Alphas is cancelled. #TooLongToWait :(”

What do you think? Is Cartwright correct or just not being patient enough?

UPDATE: It seems that Cartwright might have caught some flack and tweeted, “Deleted the #Alphas tweet. Was informed that they’re still deliberating. Will reapply crossed fingers for a 3rd season. #AlphasS03!!!”

Canceled and renewed TV show

33 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Cielo says

Yes, please bring back Alphas. It’s a great series, it makes you think…It’s not the kind of show that’s forgettable. Please bring it back! :)

2. says

You think “Lost Girl” is awesome and Alphas is crap? Now that’s funny. Let’s show more boobs on Alphas and maybe some girl on girl stuff and you’ll think they’re great too.

Alphas is a pretty decent show. It needs more “Alphas” and less chasing of the main antagonist. He’s dull.
    Lost girl needs to drop the weak script entirely and just move to skin-a-max.

3. Sam says

Alphas sucks. Cancel it make room for more haven and lost girl. Make a better super powered show. Alphas is dull an boring most episodes

4. Bethany says

SyFi network has been on such a roll with Alphas, New Girl, Merlin, Haven, Being Human US, not to mention all of the paranormal shows they started airing this past year. Now they canceled Merlin, Haven has been bounced around the schedule pretty much making it absolutely impossible to find the show to watch it. (I am not even sure if they aired episodes or not, I found some on Demand that had never aired where I live. And I watch it every single week, with a set recording if somehow I forget to tune in. They were making a play to be a true contender, and now are going the way of the basic tv networks. Great! So the fans leave the basic networks to watch their shows only to be treated just as poorly. When will they learn? I really thought SyFi was smarter than that, but recent events tell me they are just the same sheeple that all the other networks are. Oh well, I sure am glad I love to read.

• Bethany says

Oh, and every single show I mentioned I have never missed an episode of. Even when Merlin was still on BBCA, and I also watch Being Human UK among others like it. I am one of those people who drive viewers to the network, but hey not if they keep acting like the other networks. I can easily go back to forgetting the network exists without batting an eye.

5. says

He is correct on being upset! Imagine u had a great job and everyone liked the work you’ve been doing. Then you find out that your position might be dissolved! The SyFy affiliates are going to lose out on alot of revenue and Ratings that could have been, if they Don’t make a new season! Plus the show deserves a better ending!

6. Joseph T Busby says

I completely agree. Every time I find something good they end it with you wanting more. If they do it again then I won’t be watching any more series’s. It seems that they are way to eager to move ahead with something new than finishing up the one they have. At least make a move or a extended episode that wraps everything up.

7. Bruce says

Alpha has been getting better and better. Great characters, great script, and really good acting. Please keep this show. thx.

• Muldfeld says

If he has said that there are still deliberations, then that’s the truth.

I really hope the show comes back. I’ve been quite stressed about it since US Thanksgiving came and went. My favorite show after “Mad Men” and “Breaking Bad”. I NEED it!

8. Cory says

I’ve could of sworn I read on here and other tv sites that Alphas was renewed. Better be renewed, SPOILER:

everyone being dead except Gary isn’t a good ending.

9. MK says

I thought it had been renewed? Last season was the best they’ve had – the most cohesive storytelling and character development. Too bad if they let it end there.