America Unearthed: Renewed for Season Two

america unearthed season twoH2 has ordered a second season of America Unearthed. Production begins in the spring and Scott Wolter will return as the show’s host.

Here’s the press release:

H2 RENEWS “AMERICA UNEARTHED” FOR A SECOND SEASON

New York, January 29, 2013 – H2 has greenlit a second season of AMERICA UNEARTHED. Production on season 2 will begin in the Spring. Scott Wolter will return as host.

AMERICA UNEARTHED premiered in December 2012 and has averaged 824,000 total viewers and 408,000 Adults 25-54, making it the #1 series of all time on H2. And, the recent Friday, January 25 premiere of AMERICA UNEARTHED pulled in 1 million total viewers and 547,000 Adults 25-54, becoming the #1 telecast of all time on the network.

In AMERICA UNEARTHED, forensic geologist Scott Wolter, a real-life Indiana Jones, reveals that the history we all learned in school may not always be the whole story. Across the country, ancient symbols, religious relics and unexplained artifacts suggest that civilizations from around the world have left their mark for us to find today. Wolter not only digs through the surprising burial ground that is America for archaeological secrets, but he also uncovers compelling evidence that pre-dates the official “discovery” of the New World and turns a lot of what we think we know about American history on its head. AMERICA UNEARTHED proves there is a lot we don’t know about our past, and that people have gone to great lengths to cover up these mysteries. New episodes premiere on Friday’s at 10pm ET on H2.

AMERICA UNEARTHED is produced for H2 by Committee Films. Paul Cabana and Brian Meere are Executive Producers for H2.

About H2

H2 offers more to explore, more to reveal, more to know and more to understand. H2 provides a deeper perspective on global history, where information is entertainment, experienced in unexpected, clever and exciting ways. H2 is currently available in more than 68 million Nielsen households. It is available nationally through all major distributors.

What do you think? Will you be tuning in?

Jeff October 14, 2014 at 7:57 pm

America Unearthed is the best history show on TV!!! I can re-watch episodes and never get bored.

Arlene October 13, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Really love this show. Like watchimg a good mystry show unravel but based on facts. Hope they renew for season 3!

Alberta August 26, 2014 at 1:05 pm

I love this show and hope it stays on the air. It is a show worth watching and is something that I can relate to. It is professionally done, and one can actually learn something they did not know before.

yolanda maloney August 12, 2014 at 10:22 pm

I hope this show is renewed again in 2015. Its based on scientific facts and yet simple enough for the average person to appreciate.

Mary Stephenson July 12, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I enjoyed this program, hopefully it will be renewed. We need more programming like this on tv….

Nick July 5, 2014 at 5:49 am

I love this show and all you uneducated americans out there who dropped out of school because you can pay attention well maybe tune in to American unearthed and maybe you’ll learn something if you don’t then don’t blame Scott that your stupid and its not his fault you can’t pic up a book and read because like everyone said ” it’s not rocket science”.

DR. RON KEY May 20, 2014 at 12:08 pm

America Unearthed is fabulous! Keep it going for God’s sake.

Bert May 19, 2014 at 11:30 am

Love America Unearthed. Scott Wolter and other experts stimulate question asking and an interest in geology and history. Looking forward to many seasons of this show to reveal things that aren’t public knowledge. Great show for kids and adults.

girlfang51 April 12, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Don’t cancel this show! Let the people that don’t like Scott WOLTER squirm.

Benita Fay Olds April 12, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Love this show, sure hope there will be another season

Linda March 11, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I love this show! Who needs a degree to uncover the truth! At least it is more truthful than any history book we have ever read! Keep the episodes coming!

Carolyn Malcolm March 8, 2014 at 5:12 pm

I saw one of the episodes last Fall and went online to see them all!

GREAT SHOW! Have seen the first two for 2014 and am waiting for the rest of them.

BrendaA. March 6, 2014 at 3:09 am

I just found America Unearthed and I love it! ~

PLEASE keep making new episodes!~ I learn more watching Scott then I did in school.
Please repeat past episodes too!!! THANKS, BrendaA.

brian February 9, 2014 at 10:06 am

I am impressed with some of the show in America Unearthed. Man has always looked for a way to improve the human condition and truth in this show is refreshing in that it gives other explaniations instead of a bu ch of stories full of holes. I don’t agree that the host makes unqualified statements because he always seeks out the experts to prove or disprove his theorys.

Chad February 1, 2014 at 11:33 pm

This show is a total joke. This guy got his degree at toys R us ….I like how he absolutely proves things in 5 minutes. There are no reputable scientists on the planet who respect him. Watch this show as fiction!

ladymolly May 26, 2014 at 11:16 pm

He has been on other shows on History Channel, Biography, and A&E as an expert on geology and archeology. He has my vote to stay on and keep the show on. There aren’t a lot of shows that I say that about. All have been interesting and the show on Rockwall was spot on. I live only about 30 miles from it and the wall underground.

Jeff July 1, 2014 at 12:16 am

You are absolutely correct Chad, this guy is full of crap. This show deals in could ofs, maybes, not out of the questions, but not one scrap of actual evidence of anything. sensationalism at is finest and scamming viewers into believing it.

Darrell July 28, 2014 at 7:02 am

How do you like chads narbles? i see you have them all up in your grill !!! Scott has shown you the evidence, what you choose to believe after seeing that evidence is your choice, but the evidence is there. face it you were lied to by your teachers your government and even your mommy. the question is what are you going to do about it? sheep close their eyes and look away.. why be a a sheep?

Jessi November 8, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Thank u very much!! I do like the actor/geologist. I think he has charisma and is a good fit for TV however, I like u, absolutely can not stand how he’s always so sure of himself after looking at a rock or artifact for two mins that it had to have come from here or there, or this person or that ethnic group put it there. It just drives me nuts. But that’s TV for u I guess. I will continue to watch the show but I take what he says w a grain of salt. I actually stumbled across this site while searching for proof or evidence that Scott has proved any of his theories. Haven’t found any yet.