America Unearthed: Renewed for Season Two

america unearthed season twoH2 has ordered a second season of America Unearthed. Production begins in the spring and Scott Wolter will return as the show’s host.

Here’s the press release:

H2 RENEWS “AMERICA UNEARTHED” FOR A SECOND SEASON

New York, January 29, 2013 – H2 has greenlit a second season of AMERICA UNEARTHED. Production on season 2 will begin in the Spring. Scott Wolter will return as host.

AMERICA UNEARTHED premiered in December 2012 and has averaged 824,000 total viewers and 408,000 Adults 25-54, making it the #1 series of all time on H2. And, the recent Friday, January 25 premiere of AMERICA UNEARTHED pulled in 1 million total viewers and 547,000 Adults 25-54, becoming the #1 telecast of all time on the network.

In AMERICA UNEARTHED, forensic geologist Scott Wolter, a real-life Indiana Jones, reveals that the history we all learned in school may not always be the whole story. Across the country, ancient symbols, religious relics and unexplained artifacts suggest that civilizations from around the world have left their mark for us to find today. Wolter not only digs through the surprising burial ground that is America for archaeological secrets, but he also uncovers compelling evidence that pre-dates the official “discovery” of the New World and turns a lot of what we think we know about American history on its head. AMERICA UNEARTHED proves there is a lot we don’t know about our past, and that people have gone to great lengths to cover up these mysteries. New episodes premiere on Friday’s at 10pm ET on H2.

AMERICA UNEARTHED is produced for H2 by Committee Films. Paul Cabana and Brian Meere are Executive Producers for H2.

About H2

H2 offers more to explore, more to reveal, more to know and more to understand. H2 provides a deeper perspective on global history, where information is entertainment, experienced in unexpected, clever and exciting ways. H2 is currently available in more than 68 million Nielsen households. It is available nationally through all major distributors.

What do you think? Will you be tuning in?

Lori Olson April 28, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I love this show. I really enjoy hearing about all the alternate theory’s. Scott makes some great points and the show really does make you wonder. Really hoping for another season. Keep up the good work Scott.

cathy hellier April 24, 2013 at 10:55 pm

One of the best series ever. When we realized that the season was over, what do we watch now. Very informative and very well put together. When will new history books be put out? Real history not political bull……….. thanks, don’t stop, cathy

Anonymous April 18, 2013 at 10:04 pm

love this show keep it coming

BJR April 17, 2013 at 8:08 pm

This is a great show for we who are addicted to history.

MICHELE April 8, 2013 at 11:48 am

GOOD MOVE H2

Texas mom March 22, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Love, love, love this show. We made sure we didn’t miss an episode. Look forward to the new season. This show spurred my husband and I to read more books on all the subjects, plus, that have been presented on this show. Love Scott’s book “The Hooked X”

Donnie Parsons March 16, 2013 at 3:28 am

Awesome show it keeps you thinking and challenges the status quo. I cant wait for many more seasons. Lets have a unbiased look at all legends regarding our country especialy the ones we are taught from our school days were bogus and only what suited the drones produced who go along with the traditional train of thought that peddle a history exclusive to there views. Some people just cant think for themselves. Press on Scott Wolter up turn the tables put some tangible unrevocable evidence out there so that they have no choice but to accept it. Rewrite history pal.

Donaree Brannon March 16, 2013 at 2:06 am

You bet I’ll be watching season 2. I’m 74 and I love the program.

Jack Alton Strawn March 14, 2013 at 6:11 pm

I am so excited about a season two, and appreciate Scott Wolter’s daring to examine evidence and speak the words that sometimes upsets the “historical establishment.”

Angel March 8, 2013 at 1:41 pm

My two favorites,Ancient Aliens and America Unearthed, Very Happy it is being renewed!

Richard Corn March 5, 2013 at 10:20 am

I waited in great anticipation for this series. I am a lifetime student of ancient history and and open to and beliueve in precolumbian exploration of America.I have 4 shelves in my library dealing with precolumbianism .Lately Scott Wolter has ventured into conspiracy theories. I have 2 shelves of books on this subject and am openminded.However,Wolters sudden dive into DiVinci Code,proto-Templars (When artifacts predate the Templars)tombs of Jesus which has been proven to be not so,and his claim for extensive knowledge of fossilized dinosaue tongues?!. has rendered his comclusions to look foolish. If he could just present the facts he would be much more believable and not embarrass a serious area of neglected history.

Richard

tim August 1, 2013 at 9:03 pm

buddy what a bout all the facts he has proved.If u dont want to believe what he proves then disprove it…

Scott February 21, 2013 at 3:35 pm

This is one tof the better shows on TV. As for the person that said that it is even remotely like ancient aliens is absurd. At least America Unearthed is based upon something that they can actually show on TV that is based on reality not on supposition.

Ed Scarpo March 2, 2013 at 2:05 am

Reality? I beg to differ… Wolter finds an enigmatic relic in the U.S., then speculates on it, giving it the interpretation he wants. Now I watch the show but he always fails to give us closure. For example in the episode where he thinks he’s found the buried remains of an Englishman here during pre-Columbus America (of course) why didn’t he follow through? File the paperwork and dig that sucker up? Because he didn’t have to — the lead was enough to build an episode around…

Anonymous July 29, 2013 at 3:29 am

I agree sometimes he has speculations but he’s very unbiased; however, keep in mind he’s a forensic geologist; not a treasure hunter or archaeologist. He does his job and goes home just like the rest of us. Cant expect him to step outside his realm to appease. Yeah he doesn’t always get closure but that science; you don’t always get the results you expect or want.

Candace Barwick February 14, 2013 at 8:05 pm

I think he is the greatest since slice bread, I would give anything to roam around the country and absorb all his knowledge . I hope and pray they continue the series. I pre record and then watch when I get off work. I’ve been waiting for someone like him to debunk our history. I wish he could get into the Vatican and really find out what’s underneath and shed some light to what they are hiding. Nothing against religion at all I’m very opened minded and judge no one. But it sure would be nice. Being that I’m catholic

Jim February 10, 2013 at 7:10 pm

This show is reprehensible. Its just as bad as ancient aliens.

lusta January 31, 2013 at 10:16 am

Great show, very interesting. The big three networks should make quality programming such as this one. I am happy it is being renewed. I only watch cable shows now. CBS, NBC and especially ABC went downhilll in recent years.