Pin It
TV shows on DVD
   

American Chopper: Cancelled (Again)

It looks like it’s the end of the road for American Chopper once again. The Discovery Channel reality series will wrap with a four-way bike build-off special, titled The Revenge. It’ll air live from Las Vegas on December 11th.

In a statement to EW, Discovery’s Eileen O’Neill said, “After 10 years and 233 episodes of incredible, riveting reality television, American Chopper will be ending its run. This series was one of the very first family-based reality programs on television. Special thanks to Pilgrim Studios for over a decade of great producing. The Teutuls have given us really innovative bike builds and real drama since 2002. We wish both Orange County Choppers and Paul Junior Designs the best.”

American Chopper began on Discovery Channel in March 2003 and later moved to Discovery’s sister channel, TLC. The show was canceled by TLC in February 2010 but, six months later, it was announced that the Teutuls would return as American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior. The new version premiered on TLC but then moved to Discovery halfway through the first season.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear the news? Do you think the Teutuls will return one day? Who’s your favorite?

 

Newer and/or Related Articles

{ 19 comments… read them below or add one }

Luis May 20, 2014 at 9:47 pm

that was de best program I hope Paul jr. coming back

Reply

Paul Bertsch March 17, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I got a charge out of the show but enjoyed Jr’s. integrity. Also, the creativity to execute some difficult builds. Sure it looked like there was a lot of “bolt on” parts, but you have to think that stuff up first. I would like to see Jr. come back w/his own show, and maybe get a little deeper into the build and how they actually make their parts. All in all, the shows were alright.

Reply

straight talk February 26, 2013 at 7:04 pm

since the last show we do not wathc Discovery any onger. The seem to have lost their way with their programming!

Reply

J. Hughes January 24, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Discovery Channel treat Asia viewers like nobodies. This season we had three or four OCC reruns, one showing the dead dog resurrected for the fourth time. No promo’s this season.

I used to watch, with some mainly non-English speaking friends, essentially to pick up modern steel fabricating tips.

I am now the proud investor in a water jet cutter, a laser cutter and we (partners) have a rip-roaring business.

Another company bought the water pressure machine that is used to take out the wrinkles from bending tubes. The use of plasma welding equipment was learned from OCC and now we are benefiting from that, too.

All this is due to OCC. Mind you about 80% was of little interest but the other 20% was really interesting.

People say Junior was lazy. H wasn’t, he had to get inspiration, he was a typical artist. I, personally, design small mechanical parts and printed circuit boards and I quite accept, and understand, his apparently tardy work habits. Junior had real talent and Vinny had the ability to take a vapour designs and translate them in to viable drawings.

Rick’s talents were unbelievable, taking a piece of flat steel and turning it into a work of art. Fascinating.

As for Discovery, I am dropping the channel, it now has so many gun programs that are unsuited for children, and fishing for sharks, crabs, swordfish and ugly looking fresh water fish, coupled with endless repeats (how many times can the same show be called ‘Premier?).

The editing is clever, making a totally boring, repetitive subject like crabbing, last so long shows real production talent.

So Discovery, go plant guns in the young minds so you nurture future mass murderers – but with no OCC – you can count me disconnected.

Reply

Leave a Comment

{ 2 trackbacks }