American Chopper: Cancelled TV Series Resurrected for Season Seven

American ChopperEarlier this year, the TLC series American Chopper was cancelled after six seasons on the air. The series reportedly came to an end as a result of tensions between Paul Teutul Sr. and his son, Paul Jr. The series finale aired on February 11th.

But now, there’s word that the show is coming back for a seventh season, with both father and son on-board. Junior has apparently opened a new shop of his own that’s near the original.

He hasn’t spoken to his father in over a year and told the NY Post, “I’m always hopeful for a reconciliation, but sometimes these things happen for a reason… Even though you never want dissension in any family, especially with your father, this has allowed me to break out and do things on my own.”

Paul Sr. wasn’t quite as philosophical and said, “Junior seems to say all the time he’d like to reconcile, but the thing of it is, he’s never come to me with that… I’m happy he’s making an attempt to go out on his own, but I don’t feel he’s ever really followed through with anything in his life. But this way, if he fails, he can’t say, ‘My dad made me fail.’”

The plan is to film both of the Teutul shops and include footage from both in each episode. Filming will begin next week and the new season is expected to debut in August.

What do you think? Are you happy to hear that American Chopper is coming back?

UPDATE: It was later revealed that the Teutuls were actually returning in a spin-off, American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior.

David Lecornu December 16, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I for one am glad to see them come back for another season, There is not much else to watch, maybe Gold rush that is real and down to earth. I am mach. by trade and I like to watch them even if they are crude machinist they are great artist. Even though they get mad they do watch there language

Edwin De Jesus December 13, 2012 at 10:55 am

I live in puerto rico and I see all episodes of american chopper and I would like come back to the season 7 and more

becky December 3, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I hope their is continuing episodes, I know about family seperation and I think they need to cut it 0ut of film. They are good at what they do, their bikes are for sentimental value.
Jesse dont know what hes talking about, hes jelous. I really hope their show continues for the talent they have.

Joseph Santino November 16, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I have enjoyed American Choppers sinced it has started.Continue the series

Rick Mansour September 8, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I met Paul Sr. at an event and fortunately wasw able to get a picture with him. It was in the heart of the battle with his son’s. He look as though he had lost a big part of his life.
I hope the boys cut the dad some slack. He made be tough and not perfect, but they will miss him when he’s gone. Don’t let hatred rule your life. Guy’s give the man a break and make this last season one that we can all say. Great ending to a well thought out story of two son’s and a dad.
Thanks for all the good times!

Asad Abdur Rahman August 8, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Paul senior, Paul Junior,and mikey,I’m sixty five years old with cancer . Come on guys pull it together and bring back that exciting show you once had.

lucy greenwood August 2, 2012 at 1:40 am

Paul Senior is American Chopper I have said it before and wil say it again. They are
crap without him. The man is a geninius.