American Dad: FOX Renews Animated Sitcom for Year Six

American DadWhile many in the US are still struggling to hold onto their jobs, a certain American Dad has just been told he’ll have his for another year.

Created by Seth MacFarlane, American Dad follows an ultra-patriotic CIA agent (MacFarlane) and his less-than-typical family. The show also stars the voices of Wendy Schaal, Scott Grimes, Rachael MacFarlane, Dee Bradley Baker, and Mike Barker.

While the show is still early in its run of fifth season episodes, FOX has ordered a sixth round.

The new season order doesn’t come as a surprise of course. American Dad is a staple of the network’s Sunday night “animation domination” block and consistently rates as one of FOX’s highest rated shows in the key demographics, particularly males.

Season six of American Dad is expected to kick off during the 2010-11 season.

What do you think? Are you glad that the show is sticking around or is it over-rated?

Shane January 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Its waaaaaaay better than that stupid Bobs Burgers thats on now.

TiffJ October 31, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I love American Dad. I look forward to it the most especially after an episode of Family Guy fails miserably at making me laugh. My boyfriend wont laugh at any of the other shows(all of them I love), but he will laugh at American Dad from time to time. He’s really into politics and he finds humor in this show that I miss sometimes. (Love the Ollie’s Gold episode!)

Anonymous July 9, 2010 at 8:38 pm

All Seth Macfarlane’s shows are crap!!!! Fox needs to bring back king of the hill IMO.

Cleveland show sucks, American dad sucks,Family guy rules... May 16, 2010 at 7:43 pm

I get bored with the,roger does something crazy, gets beat up and does the same thing next week plot he’s got going. Not to mention that whiny high pitched gay voice he does. It was funny for a while but it can’t ever have the social commentary that makes family guy funny week after week. But it will be around untill they can find something to fill it’s spot…soon I hope.

jAbbs March 21, 2010 at 11:35 pm

This show never lets me down especially when Family guy has a bad show. The Simspons have lost what made them good in the first place so the Seth M is really has really saved Fox Sunday with Family Guy and American Dad!

Anonymous March 23, 2010 at 6:49 am

Obviously you’re a person with great taste!

JT March 15, 2010 at 2:33 pm

This is the only funny cartoon on the air as far as I’m concerned. Family Guy used to be good but now its been running stale for about 3 years or so… and don’t get me started on how atrocious and unfunny Cleveland Show is.

Mike February 25, 2010 at 4:31 am

This show just keeps getting beter and better. I never miss it! Family Guy is getting old. American Dad is far better. I hope its on for at least 5 more seasons!
Roger the Alien is a very clever character as is Stan. Great stuff! I wish they would release some toys or something!

Nelda November 23, 2009 at 6:43 pm

This and the cleveland show are awful.

Shawn C November 5, 2009 at 5:23 pm

I prefer this show to ‘ The Cleverland Show ‘ not really getting into it. Theres been a few funny bits in it but its not that good. Glad to see the return of Stan The Man

Jamin October 31, 2009 at 11:24 pm

Rhino, you Crazy. American Dad is the Greatest Cartoon on at the moment. I agree with what your saying about Matt G though

Davidgalvan October 30, 2009 at 3:54 pm

its a great show!! at first it was lame, but i have grown to love it, its super funny!! Fox is the best place on sunday nites!

Rhino October 30, 2009 at 12:47 pm

American dad needs to go. Its not fair that Mediocre Seth Macfarlane has 3 shows and Genius Matt Groening only has one. The whole Quahog world and Cleveland Show is so likable, but American Dad has never been very likable in my opinion. I always felt like it was the worst cartoon on that time slot. I think they should cancel American Dad, and put Cleveland in its spot. Then bring back Futurama and put that in the Cleveland Time slot.

Anybody?

Anonymous March 23, 2010 at 1:43 am

If you’re such a genious, why not create your OWN show and pitch it to Fox.
See what kind of work these shows require.

AJ October 30, 2009 at 10:31 am

It is a very funny show. My favorite character is Roger and Stan, and the hottest is Haley and Francine.