American Guns: Cancelled by Discovery, No Season Three

american guns cancelledDiscovery Channel has cancelled American Guns after two seasons on the air. Though the reality TV series was reportedly a success for the cable channel, there won’t be a third season.

The cancellation of American Guns was confirmed by FOX411. A representative for Discovery said that the show is not currently in production and no further episodes will be produced.

The cable channel’s programming has come under scrutiny following the recent shootings though Discovery would not confirm that the cancellation was somehow related.

What do you think? Is the cancellation related to the recent tragedies or is it just a coincidence?

Ingmar November 9, 2013 at 5:39 am

I watched the american guns show in the Netherlands and don’t think it is violent.

I hope that new episodes will come again in the future

Anonymous October 16, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I think there should be a season 3 of Americans guns discovery channel sucks the big one for pulling American guns off the air. They don’t care about law abiding citizens rights to bear and carry arms. Just about some other dick head that goes around shooting people. Its not the first time something sad like this has occurred and it surly wont be the last cancelling decent gun shows is definitely not the answer

Capitan Dan February 5, 2013 at 11:56 pm

When did the country turn into a bunch of girly men pussys. The only show on discovery I watched. They want to make guns socially unacceptable. You can all around it. I do not own a gun…..’…..I own several..I will go too Colorado this summer and buy a couple of Cwhina from them.

Grandizer December 20, 2012 at 6:28 am

Hmmm if this is the show I think it is / was, the only episode I ever saw was the crossover with Mythbusters.
The show did not impress me.
I wonder how long before any gun myths on Mythbusters are no longer played?

Greg December 19, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Stupid decision. They probably searched their lineup for anything with the word “gun” in it and pressed delete. Irresponsible at the very least.

Anonymous December 19, 2012 at 12:32 am

Not happy with Discovery’s decision at all!

Randall Reyna December 18, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Good bye Discovery!!!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Paxil and Zoloft December 17, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Never watching the Discovery Channel again. I hope that anti-American network goes under.