America’s Next Great Restaurant: NBC Series Cancelled, No Season Two

America's Next Great Restaurant canceled season twoThe peacock network has decided that they can’t stomach more than one season of newbie reality series America’s Next Great Restaurant. There won’t be a second season.

The show premiered on Sunday, March 6th to a very underwhelming 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.59 million total viewers. As bad as that was, the second installment did even worse, dropping 13% in the demo. Week three fell another 14%, falling to a 1.2 rating and 3.77 million.

The ratings story for America’s Next Great Restaurant got even worse as the season progressed. It hit a season low in early April with a 1.2 demo rating and 3.51 million. The finale bumped back up to a 1.6 rating and 4.41 million viewers but that was hardly enough to save the series. Though NBC billed it as the season finale, it was clear that the show was over.

NBC has now made it official and cancelled America’s Next Great Restaurant after nine episodes.

What do you think? Are you sorry there won’t be a second season of the series? Was it a better show than the ratings indicated?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our NBC cancel/renew page.

Scott June 7, 2012 at 6:07 pm

THIS SHOW WAS AMAZING! It was so intrestinf and i loved watching it! so sad to see it go!

David December 28, 2011 at 11:58 am

Well, since Soul Daddy (the winner) closed after being open for less than months, good idea not to run a second season. I would not have watched it and I can find better shows on Food Network

Laurie October 11, 2011 at 10:21 am

I’m sorry to read that ANTR is canceled. I thought it was a great show. Yes, there were flaws but easily overlooked or fixable. I’m also sorry to read that the 3 restaurants closed in such a short time. Maybe – instead of 3 restaurants they should have concentrated on 1 great one. Oh well, another quality show bites the dust and we’re with so much fluff out there.

Marissa July 25, 2011 at 1:39 am

Loooooved the show… Don’t let it leave! It was a perfect show for people that need something good to watch on Sundays, for a change, keep it going NBC!

Nagasuki Moto May 27, 2011 at 8:52 pm

This show sucked!!! Good riddance.

Luigi Novi May 27, 2011 at 6:50 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the series. I edited both the show’s Wikipedia article and built up the aritcle on Soul Daddy, including taking all the photographs. I even ran into winner Jamawn Woods, and took his photo near the Manhattan location recently.

Too bad.

Ryan May 19, 2011 at 10:42 am

Of all the cancellations this year, this one surprised me the most.

I thought the show was great. Good hosts (love Curtis), great variety of contestants, really compelling TV.

Boo NBC.

Suellen Castros May 17, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I loved the concept, I think the night and time slot wasn’t great. Maybe the food network should pick it up, for all us foodies out there. I have the next greatest restaurant idea call me!

Nancy May 17, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I too am sorry to see it go……I loved it! AND I must live in a different part of the country….my Celebrity Apprentice was interrupted……right in the middle of a NeNe/Star Jones cat fight!! There is so much crap on TV….I wish the Food Channel would pick it up……networks are to quick to pull the plug…..many years ago….for a solid year…one of the lowest rated showns on NBC was Hill Street Blues….just think how many Emmy’s they would have missed out on had they not stuck it out….

Anonymous May 17, 2011 at 11:28 am

Aw man! I really liked this show. Sad to see it go. Maybe the Food Network will pick it up.

Anna May 17, 2011 at 8:42 am

This show needs to go on the Food Network not NBC!

ellen spencer May 16, 2011 at 7:59 pm

So sad. This was a great show and better then the other Sunday night options.

Jane May 16, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I enjoyed it and am disappointed there won’t be another season.

Vintage Barber May 16, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I’m very disappointed that ANGR has been cancelled. I thought it was a show that had flaws & shortcomings but could have been easily fixed. I feel strongly that the network acted prematurely. Not all shows explode out of the gate. Some need time to grow on the viewers, perhaps some tweaking, etc.

Understood, acceptable ratings is essential but shouldn’t be the end all be all. A good show is a good show and ANGR was a good show that had the potential to only get better. My most noticible criticism was the lack of real interaction, conflict & drama between the contestants. Promoting a circus environment is not what I desired but there was no unifying stories, themes, etc. Didn’t feel like a competition but rather 10 different stories.

Anyway, I am not happy that the show was axed and again I feel that NBC erred in it’s decision. They should have given the show at least another year.

BMiller May 16, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Our family really enjoyed the reality show, America’s Next Great Restaurant, and were greatly disappointed when the finale was interrupted, even if it was for good reason. The show was well thought out and very interesting. We looked forward to it and are disappointed that it no longer will be on next season. It was a creative and wholesome show.