Army Wives: Cancelled by Lifetime; No Season Eight

Army Wives canceledLifetime has cancelled Army Wives, their long-running drama, after seven seasons. While there won’t be an eighth season, the cable channel has plans for a two-hour retrospective special with castmembers which will air in early 2014.

Army Wives follows the lives of a diverse group of women living with their spouses and families on an active Army post. Created by Katherine Fugate, the series has starred Catherine Bell, Kim Delaney, Sally Pressman, Wendy Davis, Brigid Brannagh, Kelli Williams, Brian McNamara, Sterling K. Brown, Brooke Shields, Ashanti, Torrey DeVitto, Elle McLemore, Jesse McCartney, Terry Serpico, Drew Fuller, Alyssa Diaz, J.J. Soria, Joshua Henry and Burgess Jenkins.

Rob Sharenow, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Lifetime, said, “There is no denying how special Army Wives has been to both Lifetime and the television landscape. By taking on a very relevant and timely issue, it has brilliantly captured the challenges our military families endure and the bravery they and their loved ones display while serving our country.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be an eighth season of Army Wives? Do you think the special should wrap up the storylines in some way?

Canceled and renewed TV show

131 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Damary says

I am so disappointed. I am an army wife, and this show was just great. They shouldn’t of cancelled it. They left us hanging we don’t know who Gloria chose and we don’t know what happened to Tim. Please think it over n bring it back. Take a poll to see how many want it back.

2. says

I think that they keep making army wives I am only 11 and it makes me feel like they ate a fanily I hope they are like that in real life so send this to then hope you keep making army wives it help me be happy:-) from katelyn Michelle Schooley let no one use my name hope they keep making army wives so send this to them all of them please and thx you from katelyn Schooley.

• says

Ya lifetime rethink this is the best show for me please bring it back plz I sm 11 I want to be a army wife but I need to see how it is.

3. Julie says

We had an Army wives marathon via Nexflix…. The ending….. You’ve gotta be kidding me?! Seriously? Very, very disappointing…upsetting really, AND I dislike tv! Bad customer service!

4. Vanessa Moore says

I am so sad about there not being another season. I do not like how they ended it. They should at least do a two part finale that shows the families possible future senerios. As far as I’m concerned they ended it terribly & they could cancel a few other shows so that army wives can continue.
    We should all take the time to thank a member of the military whenever we see them in the community. I always do.. We should also keep them and their families in our prayers. I do.

• Anonymous says

I just went on a Army Wives marathon too and I didn’t like the ending! Don’t know who Gloria picked and the future of the rest of the Army Wives!

5. Jessica says

So sad that this show was cancelled! Watched all 7 seasons on Netflix and am upset at how they decided to end it.

6. Yolanda says

Oh absolutely there should be an eight season. I love the series and am very upset. They actors really played theirs parts

7. Nancy says

Very disappointing! I won’t be looking at the lifetime channel any too soon. Only if Army Wives returns.

8. Donna says

I love this show. So sad when they cancel the good ones that touch a lot of hearts. I have sll the seasons on DVD, but I wsnt more. Why was the show canceled?