Army Wives: Cancelled by Lifetime; No Season Eight

Army Wives canceledLifetime has cancelled Army Wives, their long-running drama, after seven seasons. While there won’t be an eighth season, the cable channel has plans for a two-hour retrospective special with castmembers which will air in early 2014.

Army Wives follows the lives of a diverse group of women living with their spouses and families on an active Army post. Created by Katherine Fugate, the series has starred Catherine Bell, Kim Delaney, Sally Pressman, Wendy Davis, Brigid Brannagh, Kelli Williams, Brian McNamara, Sterling K. Brown, Brooke Shields, Ashanti, Torrey DeVitto, Elle McLemore, Jesse McCartney, Terry Serpico, Drew Fuller, Alyssa Diaz, J.J. Soria, Joshua Henry and Burgess Jenkins.

Rob Sharenow, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Lifetime, said, “There is no denying how special Army Wives has been to both Lifetime and the television landscape. By taking on a very relevant and timely issue, it has brilliantly captured the challenges our military families endure and the bravery they and their loved ones display while serving our country.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be an eighth season of Army Wives? Do you think the special should wrap up the storylines in some way?

Amanda September 15, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Please bring back army wives I’ve loved watching this show from day one! Lifetime has pointless shows now as well as other shows on abc that are also pointless army wives was an amazing show an I think should go past a season 8!

Jessica September 9, 2014 at 2:39 pm

I am a huge fan of this show. I’m 19 and when I don’t work or I’m not busy, I’m watching army wives. Please renew this show. It brings me such enjoyment out of actually watching a television show now a days. And it gives me in sight into what the men and women in uniform actually go through in every day life. It’d be such a tragedy to cancel such an excellent and informative show such as this. Please reconsider. <3

TY August 28, 2014 at 6:50 pm

PLEASE BRING IT BACK, THIS SHOW WAS A GREAT EXAMPLE OF GOOD QUALITY TV VIEWING, NOT THIS TRASH THEY HAVE OUT TODAY. PLEASE FIND A WAY TO BRING IT BACK!!!

mole August 6, 2014 at 12:33 am

You need to bring it back.
You left it ware you could do what ever you want with it.
Please bring it back! Don’t have me send you coffee beans like we did for Jericho!

Anonymous August 1, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I really looked forward to season right. This show is sooo amazing I cannot believe they would do such a thing & cancel this is sooo unfair. This show should be restored the public misses it, I totally miss it!!!

Jim July 30, 2014 at 7:47 am

all my kids were and are in the military and i thought the show was great!I would like to know what the show was replaced with that would bs as good (I hope not some staged and stupid reality show!) Bad way to end a really good series!!

Joanie July 12, 2014 at 4:30 am

I don’t understand why it was taken off. Best show ever. I wish they would bring it back. I didn’t get to see the final 2 hour show the beginning of 2014..I truly hope they will do a repeat of that show at least. So very said I miss that show a lot.

N. Jacob July 8, 2014 at 1:25 pm

I really loved seasons1-6 of Army Wives. However, with the intro of all those new characters in season 7 really blew it for me. I lost complete interest in the show. It actually became a whole new show. I understand why it’s been cancelled.

Bobby Houston July 3, 2014 at 9:24 pm

It seems like any show that is really good with exceptiionaly good stars playing the parts they want to cancel while junk shows stay on. Any decent show they want off. What is wrong with decent programing?

Cassandra June 22, 2014 at 2:21 am

I miss this show.. They need to make more seasons.. This is a bunch of crap.. excuse me but it is how are you just going to end it like they did..

SHARON June 21, 2014 at 9:56 pm

I AM CRUSHED THAT THEY WANT TO CANCELLE ARMY WIVES. THAT WAS MY FAVORITE PROGRAM OF ALL PLEASE BRING IT BACK ON I MISS THE PROGRAM SO MUCH.

Anonymous June 29, 2014 at 12:05 am

I really miss that show to. It was an amazing show that made you look at things differently .