Army Wives: Cancelled by Lifetime; No Season Eight

Army Wives canceledLifetime has cancelled Army Wives, their long-running drama, after seven seasons. While there won’t be an eighth season, the cable channel has plans for a two-hour retrospective special with castmembers which will air in early 2014.

Army Wives follows the lives of a diverse group of women living with their spouses and families on an active Army post. Created by Katherine Fugate, the series has starred Catherine Bell, Kim Delaney, Sally Pressman, Wendy Davis, Brigid Brannagh, Kelli Williams, Brian McNamara, Sterling K. Brown, Brooke Shields, Ashanti, Torrey DeVitto, Elle McLemore, Jesse McCartney, Terry Serpico, Drew Fuller, Alyssa Diaz, J.J. Soria, Joshua Henry and Burgess Jenkins.

Rob Sharenow, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Lifetime, said, “There is no denying how special Army Wives has been to both Lifetime and the television landscape. By taking on a very relevant and timely issue, it has brilliantly captured the challenges our military families endure and the bravery they and their loved ones display while serving our country.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be an eighth season of Army Wives? Do you think the special should wrap up the storylines in some way?

Canceled and renewed TV show

136 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. randy wiser says

i am devastaed by this. just as i was getting use to the new characters they up and cancel the show. how dare you. i have no use for lifetime anymore. the only thing i watch on it now is project runway. i love army wives and it did not deserve to get cancelled. shame on you lifetime.

2. Vicki says

I’m going to miss this show watched it every week one of my fav shows glad I got them all on DVD pleaseeeeeee make a 2 hour special movie to wrap up the story lines please Ty

3. Carolyn says

I’m very bummed that they are cancelling this show. It is one of my favorites. I wish they would do a 2 hour movie to wrap up the series rather then just do a retrospective

4. says

Army Wives was one of the few shows I watched on Lifetime. It was relevant, compelling, and I loved it. I’m only interested in drama – not reality TV, suspense, action, vampire, or commedy. So sorry to see Army Wives go, but appreciate seven years and hope we will see storylines wrapped up.

5. Ginny says

Hate to hear this. One of my favorite shows. Seems the good ones are always cancelled. I, too, was looking so forward to the new season.

6. Janna says

Very disapointing! If we comment and petition lifetime can we get them to change their mind? Not a good idea to cancel it. There is so much junk and reality tv we need good famoly shows on. I can’t relate to rich celebrities living the fancy life or jersey shore party girls sleeping all day and partying all night. I am disapointed!

7. Sherry says

Not real happy.. this is why I try not to get involved with new shows.. Ya like ’em and then someone takes ’em away. So tired of the reality stuff! Thanks for the awesome years the show was on! It was one of my true favorites!!

8. Jolyne Dunn says

Well, thanks a lot, Lifetime! Canceling one of my favorite shows. I was looking forward to the new season. Once again, thanks a lot.