Army Wives: Cancelled by Lifetime; No Season Eight

Army Wives canceledLifetime has cancelled Army Wives, their long-running drama, after seven seasons. While there won’t be an eighth season, the cable channel has plans for a two-hour retrospective special with castmembers which will air in early 2014.

Army Wives follows the lives of a diverse group of women living with their spouses and families on an active Army post. Created by Katherine Fugate, the series has starred Catherine Bell, Kim Delaney, Sally Pressman, Wendy Davis, Brigid Brannagh, Kelli Williams, Brian McNamara, Sterling K. Brown, Brooke Shields, Ashanti, Torrey DeVitto, Elle McLemore, Jesse McCartney, Terry Serpico, Drew Fuller, Alyssa Diaz, J.J. Soria, Joshua Henry and Burgess Jenkins.

Rob Sharenow, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Lifetime, said, “There is no denying how special Army Wives has been to both Lifetime and the television landscape. By taking on a very relevant and timely issue, it has brilliantly captured the challenges our military families endure and the bravery they and their loved ones display while serving our country.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be an eighth season of Army Wives? Do you think the special should wrap up the storylines in some way?

Canceled and renewed TV show

133 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

Army wives is one of my favorite shows and I am sad to see it end but if it must b it would b nice to have the story lines wrapped up so that the fans are not left hanging.

2. Tommie L. Byford says

I always looked forward to watching Army Wives. I am saddened that there will not be an 8th season. That just does not make sense since it was watched by millions of viewers and a lot of military I am sure. This is a great show and should be continued.

3. Anonymous says

I am so mad, I just went on a scavenger hunt to see all the places in Charleston this series was filmed, so sad to hear that once again another series cancelled that people loved.

4. Rachel Holmea says

I too got totally hooked on this show with my daughter.
    Now that I know there isn’t a season 8 I don’t want to
    rush through the season 7 episodes. Please bring the
    show back!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t take this
    show off the air.

5. patricia massaro says

My husband and I started watching last season starting with season one and were hooked. We watched one season in two days and completed all within two weeks. We can’t believe it has been canceled. Hope the network will rethink this decision.

6. jackie says

please please please bring this all important show back. far too many people forget we’re even going through a war and all the sacrifices still being made by our militar men and women… it seems like business as usual. we need to show is a reminder of what’s really going on not to mention how captivating the show was

7. Liliana says

For a person who really never watch tv I was drawn to this show, cancelling is a big mistake for a lot of viewers. Please come back. Army Wives was the only show I used to watch.

8. peggy says

please do not cancel army wives. Our whole family loves it. It is what we look forward to every Sunday evening. There are so many horrible shows on t.v. that are not cancelled and you cancel one of the best. I don’t understand’

9. Mandi says

Stupidest move EVER! You already took The Client List away, now Army Wives? Well, so much for tuning into Lifetime anymore! Big mistake, HUGE!!

10. DesaRe says

Please Please Please reconsider this decision! I look forward to this show and miss it like crazy in the off season. Please don’t make that a permanent off season. Many people enjoy this show and it is still relevant in our society at this time!

11. Marie says

What…..WHY IS LIFETIME CANCELLING ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV? Yes, I am screaming. This is ridiculous. There is a stupid new show about witches on now, and all over the networks are one reality show more stupid than the one before, plus shows that are actually insulting to the TV viewer. Why Lifetime is doing this is beyond comprehension. Please, Lifetime, reconsider this as you did with Drop Dead Diva. Many Army Wives viewers will abandon your cable network if you follow through with this. I am very very sorry to see this show end.

12. Lorna says

I’am really mad I love that show followed it from the beginning. Please finish the show if you have to cancel. Thank you Lorna

13. alaskfamiky8303 says

As a retired 20 year Air Force family the cancellation is an insult! It was a true reality of what the rest of the country has no idea about! Please bring it back!