Army Wives: Cancelled by Lifetime; No Season Eight

Army Wives canceledLifetime has cancelled Army Wives, their long-running drama, after seven seasons. While there won’t be an eighth season, the cable channel has plans for a two-hour retrospective special with castmembers which will air in early 2014.

Army Wives follows the lives of a diverse group of women living with their spouses and families on an active Army post. Created by Katherine Fugate, the series has starred Catherine Bell, Kim Delaney, Sally Pressman, Wendy Davis, Brigid Brannagh, Kelli Williams, Brian McNamara, Sterling K. Brown, Brooke Shields, Ashanti, Torrey DeVitto, Elle McLemore, Jesse McCartney, Terry Serpico, Drew Fuller, Alyssa Diaz, J.J. Soria, Joshua Henry and Burgess Jenkins.

Rob Sharenow, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Lifetime, said, “There is no denying how special Army Wives has been to both Lifetime and the television landscape. By taking on a very relevant and timely issue, it has brilliantly captured the challenges our military families endure and the bravery they and their loved ones display while serving our country.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be an eighth season of Army Wives? Do you think the special should wrap up the storylines in some way?

Phil June 4, 2014 at 5:21 am

As being in the army, I thought the show was great, except for some risque parts. I would like for the show to continue on. Will the 2 hour retrospective be out on DVD. If so when? Thank you for your response in this matter.

Eileen May 19, 2014 at 11:28 pm

I miss this show. We need more shows like this on TV about the Army and more so family, friends up and downs in life. This show made me learn a few things myself, the characters were so on with things in life in general it made me sit back and take a look at things differently. I would cry I would laugh I truly miss this show and I hope Lifetime reconsiders and brings it back. When is the 2 hour show never saw it advertised and have been looking for it.

Ruby May 19, 2014 at 7:12 pm

I miss the show it was very good show wish they would bring it back but would like to know when the 2 hour show is

frank May 10, 2014 at 8:26 pm

unfair

Chrissy April 23, 2014 at 9:24 pm

I am sad to see this show end. I am not military at all, but this show helped me to look further into the lives of those who serve our country. I now have a stronger appreciation for what military families experience – the accomplishments, the sacrifices and trials, the strengths, and the bonds. I quickly became attached to the characters. I think it ended way too soon. Please bring back army wives. There are pieces of the plot left hanging, and there is so much more that can happen in this story.

cam April 22, 2014 at 11:02 am

It was such a great show. It made you aware some of the things the families of the people defending our nation go through!! To cancel this classey show, & replace it with non-real & rediculous shows, is unjustified.

Kathleen Beauchemin April 23, 2014 at 9:03 am

I totally agree! !!! Just how many of those ridiculous reality shows can one watch.

Margaret April 2, 2014 at 11:57 pm

As a mother, and a wife, this show was perfect. My husband is Army Reserve, and this show helped me. I loved all the characters, and felt so strongly about the message it was sending out. To all of our Military families and soldiers, I will always thank you and keep you in my prayers. Its sad to think a show on/about our troops, the one who fights for our country, has been cancelled. Please reconsider. WE WANT MORE ARMY WIVES :)

Yours,
Margaret

Kathleen Beauchemin March 17, 2014 at 11:27 pm

I just finished watching the two hour Army Wives finale. As an Army Mom I can honestly say that I am going to miss this series so very much. It helped get me through my son’s first deployment to Afghanistan…it helped give me a sense of relief knowing how the families really helped each other out. My daughter-in-law and our three grandchildren were living on base in Germany when our son was deployed. Just knowing that she would have the support of other Army wives helped both my husband and I sleep a little better each night.

Our son will be leaving for Afghanistan again in June. This time he was PSC’d to Ft. Hood, Austin,TX in December and his in-laws do not live far from base. I feel a bit better; however, I know that the Army wives on base are a wonderful support group for each other.

I am going to miss this series terribly. I wish another station had picked it up this series. I am definitely going to miss what I feel was/is one of the best Series that has ever been on TV. It’s always that way … The stations keep all of the dumb reality shows on and cancel the great shows. I, for one, am truly going to miss my Sunday evening “family”. Thank you to the whole cast and crew of Army Wives for such seven wonderful years

DONNAB March 17, 2014 at 1:11 pm

AFTER WATCHING THE ARMY WIVES REUNION LAST NIGHT IT ONLY REINFORCED JUST HOW MUCH I WILL MISS THIS SHOW. NOT ONLY WAS IT THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION IT HAD THE BEST CHARACTERS(ACTORS). THEY JUST ALL BROUGHT TO THE WORLD THE SACRIFICES OUR MILITARY FAMILIES MAKE EVERY DAY AND SHOWED BOTH THE GOOD AND THE DIFFICULT TIMES THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH. I ABSOLUTELY CRIED THRU THE ENTIRE REUNION, REMEMBERING THEIR JOURNEY AND JUST HOW REALISTIC THIS SHOW WAS. WHILE I UNDERSTAND WHY SOME OF THE CHARACTERS HAD TO MOVE ON I DO BELIEVE THIS SHOW COULD HAVE GONE ON LONGER. THE SHOW MAY HAVE HAD LOWER RATINGS FOR A SEASON BUT IT WOULD HAVE SURVIVED THE CHANGES AND FOLKS WOULD HAVE FELL IN LOVE WITH THE “NEXT TRIBE” BIG MISTAKE GUYS!

Anonymous March 16, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Why cancel one of the best Shows on TV? The Service Men and Women I know really enjoyed the show. Please re-think it and bring them back.

Anna Bates March 16, 2014 at 9:28 am

I have been waiting for the new season of Army Wives, only to find there won’t be one. I am disappointed, to say the least. I am also disappointed that Lifetime has chosen to remove a quality series from its lineup and from television as a whole. This reflects poorly on the network, and I hope the power-that-be will reconsider.

charlotte Robinson March 15, 2014 at 12:44 pm

I wish they would bring army wives back. I really enjoyed the show. I have recently became an could army wife and relate. It saddens me that every time a show drops in ratings the network wants to pull it. Army wives affected so many women and gave them hope. Please bring it back

gladys March 9, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I am a really army wife as well as a soldier. ….I loved the show wish it would stay for a 8 season. It was a help to us that served.

rhea March 8, 2014 at 11:41 pm

i am a army wife! lifetime please keep the show going. i did not care for brook sheild but i will over look her. those ugly shows about dance moms kim of queens bla bla bla . those are horrible. yuck!!! Army wife rules!!!~!

Tracy March 7, 2014 at 8:27 am

Please bring back Army wives!!! Great show since day one, I never missed an episode. Own the DVD’s and still have favorite episodes from 2008 saved on my DVR!
How can Lifetime pride itself on all the reality garbage?? Dance Moms and Preachers daughters!?! Are terrible and shameful excuses for entertainment. Used to think Lifetime was so much better than this. Army Wives was so fabulous…. Loved the original cast, but even the last season cast grew on me.
I don’t see the original cast doing a lot… Why not bring back the show?! There are so many fans out there!!

vicki melendez March 7, 2014 at 4:16 pm

i love this show too!i watch all the seasons on dvd alot!i agree lifetime with all the reality shows now just dont interest me i want army wives back and very heartwarming movies too please bring back your original programming of movies and army wives