Arrow: Debut Ratings on The CW

Arrow premiere ratingsThe CW could really use a ratings hit and it looks like their new Arrow TV series could provide one. After receiving lots of positive reviews, how did the premiere do? Did Arrow hit or miss the mark?

Based on the Green Arrow character from DC Comics, Arrow follows Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), a young billionaire playboy who’s stranded on a deserted island for years. Forced to fend for himself, the experience changes him. When he’s finally rescued, he sees his old home with new eyes and assumes a vigilante secret identity to help those in need and make amends for his past sins. The new TV series also features Colin Donnell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Willa Holland, Susanna Thompson, and Paul Blackthorne.

Airing opposite The Middle and The Neighbors on ABC, Survivor on CBS, Animal Practice and Guys with Kids on NBC, and The X Factor on FOX, Arrow’s first episode attracted a 1.3 in the 18-49 demographic with 4.0 million total viewers.

Year-to-year, compared to H8R’s premiere in the same timeslot, the network was up by 116% in the demo (vs a 0.6 rating) and up by 210% in viewership (vs 1.29 million). This was a very promising start for the new series and it beat NBC’s Animal Practice in the demo.

Keep in mind however that the real test will be how many people keep coming back week after week. The Secret Circle started out strong last season but lost most of its audience by the end of the season.

What do you think? Did you watch Arrow last night? Will you be watching next week? Live, via DVR, on-demand or online?

Venaenae Maya April 6, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Arrow is amazing!! love the show soo muchh!

Cathy January 21, 2013 at 10:16 am

For some reason our tivo did not record the series we realized this recently. We have down loaded the first9 shoes really like the show. Keep them coming!!

DAN October 18, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I have watched both the first and second episode and like it very much. In my opinon the show improved in the second episode and I believe this show will be a hit. Lots of action, great fight scenes with solid acting–looking forward to the third.

Wesley October 17, 2012 at 1:31 pm

The premier was good. It will be interesting to see how the show follows after that. If there are good scripts with good acting, I believe it can be a hit!

Duane October 12, 2012 at 11:04 am

Still early but a good show, even to this old fart (57).

Sherman October 12, 2012 at 9:30 am

Arrow was awesome! Great characters, action and intrigue. Plus, TONS of conflict. Can’t wait to watch next week’s ep.

Jean October 12, 2012 at 7:46 am

People are just stupid and childish ’cause they get bored very easily, even if the series is good , anyway, I wish the best to ‘Arrow’ and ‘Beauty and The Beast’ :)

Tha Critic October 11, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Might have to check it out, you guys seem to really like it.

Melissa October 11, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I loved the show, all the action everything was great! Also loved seeing Jacqueline MacInnes Wood as Sarah, and Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen!

Gary S. October 11, 2012 at 11:07 am

Best show I’ve seen in along time, I hope its a hit

Camay October 11, 2012 at 9:37 am

I really liked it. I’m looking forward to the revealing now about what motivates him. I’m also interested in seeing rather or not they interred to follow the comic. Do far all the characters are interesting. I liked that they gave the sister so much depth. She’s not just some spoiled rich girl. I hope the give laurel a bit more personality. I think perhaps the actress just needs to grow into the roll ? all in all i’m looking forward to the next episode, after the great cliff hanger they gave us :-)

dancinhomer October 11, 2012 at 9:05 am

Arrow was GREAT! My wife (who knew nothing of the character) loved it as well!

Jason October 11, 2012 at 8:50 am

Arrow rawked! I liked all 3 big premieres last night but Arrow was action-packed and a lot of fun.