On NBC’s Awake TV series, detective Michael Britten (Jason Isaacs) tries to figure out why he’s living in two realities. Unfortunately he and viewers won’t get answers because the show will almost certainly be cancelled and won’t be back for a second season.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for NBC is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Unfortunately, ratings are put together based on a sampling of viewers. If you’re a “Nielsen household,” your viewing is being counted. If not, it’s not.
However, if you like Awake and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- If you’re a Nielsen family, watch the show whenever it’s on. If not, watch it on NBC.com or purchase episodes online so your viewing will be directly counted. Encourage others to watch the show. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re invested in gets other people interested and might help bring former viewers back.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via snail-mail to: Mr. Bob Greenblatt, Chairman, NBC, 3000 W. Alameda, Burbank, CA 91523, RE: Awake
- Take note of the products that are advertised during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To NBC and 20th Century Fox Television:
We, the undersigned, greatly enjoy watching Awake on the NBC network. The acting, direction, production values, and storylines are wonderful and keep us tuning in week after week. We can’t wait to see what will happen next and want to see Britten’s story resolved.
Please find a way to keep Awake on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on NBC or, if necessary, on another channel.
Thank you for your consideration.
Newer and/or Related Articles
Cancelled & Renewed NBC TV Shows for 2011-12
Aug 19, 2012
NBC 2011-12 Ratings Report Card
Jun 1, 2012
Awake: Ratings for the 2011-12 Season
May 26, 2012
May 25, 2012
Awake: Cast Reactions to NBC Cancellation
May 12, 2012
Awake: Cancelled; No Season Two
May 12, 2012
Awake: TV Show Premiere Ratings
Mar 2, 2012
Awake: Is the New NBC Series Worth Watching?
Feb 29, 2012
Awake: Debuts March 1st, Replaces The Firm
Feb 3, 2012
Cancelled Casting News for January 28, 2012
Jan 28, 2012
NBC Announces 2011-12 Season Primetime Schedule
May 15, 2011