Baby Daddy: Renewed for Second Season

abc family baby daddy season two renewalAfter a banner week, ABC Family has renewed their newest sitcom, Baby Daddy, for a second season.

On Baby Daddy, Ben Wheeler (Jean-Luc Bilodeau) and his roommates try to raise the infant daughter that he didn’t know that he had. The rest of the comedy’s cast includes Melissa Peterman, Derek Theler, Tahj Mowry, and Chelsea Kane.

The TV series debuted on June 20th to a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.65 million total viewers. While most new shows see a decline in their second week, Baby Daddy’s viewership actually grew by 4%.

The eight episodes of Baby Daddy that have aired so far have averaged a 0.6 demo rating with 1.4 million viewers. The most recent episode drew 1.67 million viewers, the show’s biggest audience since the premiere.

There are two episodes left in the first season with the finale set for August 29th. There’s no word on how many episodes ABC Family has ordered for season two or when they’re expected to bow.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Baby Daddy has been renewed for a second season? Is this sitcom better than most people think?

Krys April 5, 2013 at 6:32 am

Looooove this show!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait for more episodes!!! Love the cast also….Make sure to put on netflix cuz I’ll be watching :)

Ben March 28, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I really love the show. It is new and refreshing, not the same ole crap. I cant wait for the new season to start. They need to do better advertising for it. I am sure many people i know around my age would love this show.

PAT BLACK March 14, 2013 at 10:30 am

ABSOLUTELY LOVE BABY DADDY!!!! CAN’T WAIT FOR SEASON 2 TO START. IT IS THE ONLY SITCOM I REALLY LOVE. ALSO REALLY LIKE MELISSA AND JOEY.

Natalie February 26, 2013 at 5:44 pm

I like this show, there are very few shows out there anymore that don’t involve murder, kidnapping or someone getting hurt. its nice to finally have a show you can get a good laugh out of.

Trisha St. Amand January 17, 2013 at 9:00 am

I love this show, glad when season two starts on spark.

drew January 11, 2013 at 7:07 pm

I love this show.great cast and very funny

logan January 2, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Baby Daddy is one of my favorite shows i love it and i cant wait for the new season too come out on Netflix.

Rheba November 22, 2012 at 9:04 am

Glad to hear that they will return both shows are my favorite. Can’t wait to see the again.

LJ November 18, 2012 at 11:34 am

Make shure it’s on Netflix

Anonymous November 16, 2012 at 11:12 am

I love the show..it is great.

Melissa November 11, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Love, Love, love this show!!! Hilarious, perfectly adorably, hot cast!!! Please keep around for 10 seasons at least!!!!!:)

Kaylan November 6, 2012 at 7:47 am

Soo soo excited for a 2nd season of baby daddy, but i hope there is more then 10 episodes though :)

unknown September 14, 2012 at 11:49 pm

BABY DADDY IS THE BEST!!!!! everysingle character is cute and perfect!!!!hillarious!!!please keep it going forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ty Junior August 28, 2012 at 8:54 am

I concur with Stephanie. Baby Daddy, alongside Melissa and Joey, makes for a great 1- hour block of light-hearted, comedy television. Both sitcoms feature likable leads with rootable interests. I’m thrill the series has been renewed for a second season, and definitely plan to watch and/or TIVO. For those not watching, I say this: if you find yourself in dire need to de-stress during the week, then tune in Wednesdays to ABCFamily at 8:30 PM ET/7:30 PM CT. Unburden yourself by watching this family drama unfold.

Stephanie Secules August 18, 2012 at 7:02 am

I am very pleased to hear Baby Daddy (though I hate the term Baby Daddy or Baby Mama) has been renewed. Melissa and Joey and Baby Daddy has become a strong back to back hour of family watching and the show is fun. There are so few good family based comedies on television anymore, so this show is a breath of fresh air.