Bachelor Pad: ABC Reality Show Spin-off; Cancel or Keep It?

IMAGEABC’s reality show franchise of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette expanded this week as the network added a third program, Bachelor Pad. Will this new TV show perform as well as its predecessors or will it be quickly cancelled?

Hosted by Chris Harrison and Melissa Rycroft, Bachelor Pad brings 19 former contestants of The Bachelor and Bachelorette under one roof. While they compete to win the $250,000 prize, they also get to know each other and find new friends and romance. Each week, contestants are voted out of the competition by their housemates.

The two-hour series premiere of Bachelor Pad attracted a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.37 million viewers. That was enough to put it in first place in the timeslot for its first hour and second place for the second hour.

While that’s a decent start for a summer reality series, ABC execs were likely hoping for a lot better performance for a show that’s connected to their Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise and received a whole lot of promotion.

New shows typically drop in the ratings for week two so we’ll have to wait to see if these numbers hold up. If they do, it seems reasonable to assume that ABC will bring Bachelor Pad back for season two next summer.

What do you think? Is Bachelor Pad a keeper or would you like to see it cancelled? What do you like or dislike about it?

Anonymous September 7, 2010 at 12:15 pm

I think the BachelorPad show is starting to get very revealing parts to it . I don’t think we need to see what they say about going to bed and their remarks. I know many teenagers who watch the show and it is not setting a good example for them. I have always enjoyed all the Bachelorette shows and have enjoyed them, but this Bachelor Pad was not a good show. You should be thinking of who is watching these shows and keep try to keep good ratings.

ANONYMOUS

Sherry September 6, 2010 at 7:57 pm

I love the show. I wasn’t sure about it the first week or two, but now I won’t miss it. It does look like the last three couples may not be voting against each other on the last episode. I think that is a mistake and would rather them see what would happen when the final three couples had two vote one couple off and have another week for the final two to compete. Otherwise, the show is great and has gotten better each week!

Michele September 7, 2010 at 9:58 am

I enjoy watching the Bachelor and Bachelorette programs, but Bachelor Pad is very low class, has no significance, and although I tried to give it a chance, it was a HUGE LET DOWN. I hope you take it off the air.

Pat September 6, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Oh please cancel this show. I have watched it twice now and it is so predictible why even bother watching. I have seen a more create program put together by grade school kids. This show reminds me about the “click’s” in high school. I really think something better can be created then this garbage.

JAYNEE DIAMONTE September 6, 2010 at 7:22 am

HI. SORRY BUT THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST BORING. STUPID, RIDICULOUS SHOWS YOU HAVE EVER PUT TOGETHER. NO ACTION. BRING BACK THE BACHLOR AND BACHLORETTE.
THESE PEOPLE ON THE BACHLOR PAD DO NOTHING BUT YACK ABOUT THEIR STUPID STRADEGIES.I HAVE TURNED IT OFF 3 TIMES. TRIED TO GIVE IT A CHANGE. BUT IT IS NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A KEEPER . GET RID OF IT. ASAP.

THANKS
FLORIDA

Elaine August 21, 2010 at 5:25 pm

If you hate the show, then DON’T WATCH IT. I like it.

Ben August 19, 2010 at 8:22 pm

please start putting some of these ridiculous shows in the big bowl of dumb ideas and go to actual original programming instead of yet another get rich quick scheme on television.

Samantha August 17, 2010 at 5:37 pm

KEEP!!!!!!!!

I don’t understand people. If you hate the show, then DON’T WATCH IT. No one’s forcing you to watch it, geez.

Mo August 16, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Cancel it now!! Also do us a favor and cancel the Bachelor and Bachelorette shows ASAP!! These shows are awful and are SO not REALITY!! The Bachelor for example basically tells women that they must have this tall, as*h*l* and also the show gives off the total wrong idea of how life is. The show shows this oh so happy couple, in of course this perfect house and life is just supposed to be all hunky dory, no problems what so ever the girl is going to just fall head over heels for him and then once the show is over with then reality hits them and that’s why 99.9999% of them don’t and never work out total misconception. Yeah with the exception of Ryan and Trista that actually worked out maybe one other couple but all the others have failed. That’s 2 couples out of what thousands upon thousands upon thousands… Pleazzzzz you would have better luck getting struck by lightning then going on to those lame shows. Get a real reality show like The Deadliest Catch. The Deadliest Catch is not made up.

mh August 16, 2010 at 6:35 am

Might as well keep it. It’s complete trash, but at least the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise has completely embraced the fact that their shows are all about physically attractive, emotionally stunted, completely immature, narcissistic sluts all trying to pathetically offer themselves as cheap hookers under the false disguise as “love”.

robycop3 August 16, 2010 at 2:28 am

It’s GARBAGE, same as all other shows of this genre. Dump it. I hope the others tank soon. I’d sooner watch an old Conelrad test pattern. Junk like this makes me glad I have 130 channels & an X Box 360 as well as this computer.

Craig August 15, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Cancel the show. The public should not be subjected to these people.

Lisa Antonucci August 14, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Please keep the show! I always watch The Bachelor and Bachelorette and I will continue to watch this. Thank you

Daffodil August 12, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Please keep this show and bring back Michelle!

pj August 12, 2010 at 1:02 pm

GRANDIZER: problems with computer…wasn’t sure 1st message went…tried again…at least you and others got the message(s) and that was my intent in the first place.

Grandizer August 12, 2010 at 12:35 pm

3 comments in less then 1 hr? All saying the same thing? I think we know your feelings on the matter PJ…