Backpackers, Seed: TV Shows Cancelled by The CW

Backpackers TV showIt’s game over for The CW‘s new comedies Seed and Backpackers. The smallest network has cancelled and pulled the low-rated comedies after just two airings.

On Seed, a single bartender and sperm donor (Adam Korson) meets offspring that he never knew he had and becomes involved in their lives. The rest of the cast includes Carrie-Lynn Neales, Amanda Brugel, Stephanie Anne Mills, Laura De Carteret, Matt Baram, Vanessa Matsui, Abby Ross, and William Ainscough.

Backpackers follows Brandon (Dillon Casey) and Ryan (Noah Reid) as they travel through Europe looking for Ryan’s girlfriend girlfriend Beth (Meghan Heffern). Giacomo Gianniotti plays Andrew, Brandon’s slacker brother.

Both shows had dismal launches last week, attracting fewer than 600,000 viewers each. The numbers got even worse this week. Based on the fast affiliate ratings, Backpackers dropped 40% and Seed fell 20%.

The Young Hollywood Awards was already scheduled for next week. Reruns of Arrow will fill the 9pm timeslot for two weeks after that and then the 21st cycle of America’s Next Top Model will launch on August 18th.

There’s no word on if The CW will make the remaining episodes available. Seed had already been renewed for a second season in Canada where it’s produced.

What do you think? Did you like eithe rof these shows? Would you like to see the remaining episodes?

Donna L August 31, 2014 at 4:47 pm

I hope there will be a Season 3 of “Seed”. I really found it funny and entertaining. If CW can not handle this show, hopefully another network will pick it up to air in this 2014/15 Fall/Winter season.

Becca August 18, 2014 at 7:51 pm

I really enjoyed Backpackers. It was a refreshing series that was different from the rest. It wasn’t about doctors, lawyers, or cops, like all the rest. I hope they will make available the other 6 episodes that were made (I read somewhere there were a total of 8 episodes).

mytoys666 August 3, 2014 at 6:01 pm

There’s a total of 26 eps of Seed available at this point if you know where to look :).
As for Backpackers there were 8 eps made at Cancellation. Surely they will turn up but NOT on US TV

Ines August 1, 2014 at 10:46 am

I’m from France and I wached backpackers, it was pretty good ! Why internet views from other countries are not part of the audimate, it counts !

mrv July 31, 2014 at 5:05 am

I thought Seed was a great concept and pretty funny! I didn’t care for Backpackers but would love to see the remaining episodes of Seed.

stoney July 30, 2014 at 9:55 pm

would love to see the remaining episodes of this show

Sherry July 30, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I loved Seed and I would love to see the remaining episodes. I don’t think that the shore received enough promotion from the network. The two episodes that were shown were very good! I was very disappointed to hear that it had been canceled.

Falconeri July 26, 2014 at 1:08 am

Seed is a great show I hope theres a season 3 for Canada but how can the cw pull it? Just shows what bad taste they have