Bad Teacher: New Sitcom Cancelled by CBS

Bad teacher TV show canceled by CBSClass dismissed. It didn’t take CBS long to decide on the fate of Bad Teacher. The new sitcom has been cancelled by the network.

On Bad Teacher, a former trophy wife (Ari Graynor) masquerades as a teacher in order to find a new man to marry. The rest of the cast includes Kristin Davis, David Alan Grier, Sara Gilbert, Ryan Hansen, and Sara Rodier.

The series got off to a decent start late last month but the ratings have fallen in the two subsequent weeks. The most recent episode drew a lowly 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.73 million viewers. That’s much too low to garner a second season renewal.

It’s unclear at this point if all of the remaining episodes will air. The network ordered 13 installments, has aired three, and still has three more on the schedule. Hopefully, for those who like the show, CBS will keep it on the air long enough for all of the episodes to be shown.

What do you think? Did you like Bad Teacher? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season instead?

Eric Hamell September 30, 2014 at 7:18 pm

I’m very disappointed to learn it was cancelled. I like it a lot but only got to see a couple episodes. Not many shows successfully center on a character who’s “so bad you like them,” or perhaps more precisely, so audaciously bad that you like them.

Sam September 22, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Bring this show back. My 12 year old son and I love this show. Cancel crap like big brother and survivor, or the news

Joyce September 6, 2014 at 10:00 pm

This was a very good show. Why do you keep allowing good shows to be cancelled.
This is an adult comedy, so kids shouldn’t be watching it anyway. We
as adults need to laugh. I have seen show that weren’t good at all &
you manage to keep them on.

Andrew September 7, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Hi Joyce,

I totally agree with you, most of the comedy shows on the air today are racist, and anti-semetic., and tasteless. However with kids involved, the dark humor is not a good fit. The show, needs to come back as a spin off. Call it the Teachers Lounge. So this way, the teachers and the students don’t mesh.

Lisa August 8, 2014 at 1:06 am

I loved the show! It’s funny and always made me laugh.
The cast was great and should be renewed and
Allow all episodes to be aired! The storyline was different and
Unique which made the sitcom funny and
Enjoyable. Even my husband enjoyed watching it
With me and he’s not easily amused. I hope thus
Decision us reconsidered. CBS always cancels
The good shows!! Give it another season
PLEASE!!!!

Johnny DeLaGarza July 26, 2014 at 10:06 pm

My niece, Madison DeLaGarza, was in the series but I still believe the cancellation of the show was forth coming. A BAD Comedy not too suitable for school children.

Duane August 9, 2014 at 10:26 am

The show was making fun of a self-centered selfish woman (exaggerated of course). It was very humorous. If you canceled every sitcom that was racy, you would have very few sitcoms to watch. School children shouldn’t be allowed to watch it but that is up to the parents.

Rose Light July 20, 2014 at 2:48 am

Love Bad Teacher….Hope they decide to show all 13 episodes. Wish they’d bring it back. Ari Grayor lights up room and is always fun to watch. Hate to see it go. :(

Holly July 12, 2014 at 7:36 pm

I watched it on my Global app I really love the show CBS missed the boat on this one

DebraP July 12, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I am sorry to hear about the cancellation of this show. I really enjoyed the show, cast members, and show lesson. Maybe it can become a internet show that is view on cbs.com. I disagree with the cancellation and would like to see more episodes.

Peggy July 6, 2014 at 11:23 am

Why I loved the show. will we see the others?

Melissa santisteban July 1, 2014 at 5:21 am

I love this sitcom!!! I think it was super funny and I cant wait to see what Meredith is going to do next. I really hope this series doesn’t get cancelled! CBS please bring back Bad Teacher!!!!!!!!

Angela June 19, 2014 at 9:08 pm

I personally loved the show you should give it a second chance.i didn’t watch it the last few week because i was busy but if you give it another chance I would watch it

chris June 19, 2014 at 8:48 pm

I liked the show, it was different and much better than some of the other shows that are on. Give it another whirl.

Andrew June 19, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Well maybe the show can come back as a spin off, I really liked the characters, so instead of Ari Grynor in a Middle School, she can come back in a High School, or Adult Education class. Or maybe she can work in office setting, and call it “BAD BOSS”.

Brandee June 17, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I really enjoyed the show very much… I would love to see the rest of the Season and a possible 2nd season

Dave June 17, 2014 at 10:41 am

I liked the show and would like to see a second season. Sad to know this will not be the case!

Amy June 11, 2014 at 11:45 am

I liked the show. It might not last long but at least finish the first season.