Beauty and the Beast (2012)

The CW TV series Beauty and the BeastNetwork: The CW
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 11, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Kristin Kreuk, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White, Max Brown, Nicole Gale Anderson, Jay Ryan, and Austin Basis.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is a reimagining of the classic story and the CBS 1987-90 drama of the same name.

Homicide detective Catherine “Cat” Chandler (Kristin Kreuk) is a smart, no-nonsense woman who is haunted by her own tragic past. As a teenager, Cat witnessed the murder of her mother at the hands of two gunmen. Young Cat would have been killed as well but someone — or some thing — saved her. No one believed her but she knows that it wasn’t an animal that attacked the assassins. Though her savior was strange and terrifying, it was also human.

Years have passed, and although she thinks about her mother every day, Cat is a strong and capable police detective. She works alongside an equally talented partner, Tess Vargas (Nina Lisandrello). The two ladies make a good team, and have become close friends. They’ve worked on countless homicide cases together, under the supervision of their tough-but-fair boss, Joe Bishop (Brian White).

Cat has also become close with medical examiner Evan Marks (Max Brown). They’ve developed a fun and flirtatious relationship that could easily turn into something deeper — if Cat would let that happen. However, as her younger sister Heather (Nicole Gale Anderson) has observed, Cat’s romantic inclinations tend toward bad boys.

While investigating a new case, Cat and Tess discover fingerprints that lead them to a handsome doctor named Vincent Keller (Jay Ryan). He was reportedly killed by enemy fire while serving in Afghanistan in 2002. Digging deeper, Cat learns that Vincent is still very much alive. For mysterious reasons that have forced him to live outside of traditional society, Vincent has been in hiding for the past 10 years.

With the help of his childhood friend, J.T. Forbes (Austin Basis), Vincent has been able to guard his terrible secret — when he is enraged, he becomes a terrifying beast, who’s unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses. Cat is stunned when Vincent admits that he was the “animal” who saved her on the night of her mother’s murder. Vincent doesn’t admit the whole truth however. He is emotionally tied to Cat and has been watching over her since that night.

Cat agrees to protect Vincent’s identity in return for any insight he may have into her mother’s murder. Thus begins a complex relationship between Cat and Vincent, who understand that their connection is extremely dangerous for both of them. Cat’s secret obsession with Vincent puts a strain on her relationship with everyone else around her, and Tess is especially troubled by the feeling that Cat is keeping something from her.

Vincent soon becomes a secret but important part of Cat’s detective work. During the years that he’s spent hiding in the shadows, watching over Cat and other innocents, Vincent has learned a lot about the darkest parts of the city and its residents. His sharpened instincts, incredible strength and human compassion become invaluable to Cat as she works to bring criminals to justice.

As she slowly comes to terms with Vincent’s monstrous alter-ego, Cat senses that she can trust him in ways she hasn’t been able to trust any other man. Despite the obstacles between them, she realizes that she’s safer with him than anywhere else.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space

What do you think? Do you like the Beauty and the Beast TV series on The CW? Do you think that it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Jennifer December 8, 2012 at 7:53 am

Love the show. They need to give it a chance. Like they could have given The Sceret Circle a chance.

DGS December 7, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I do like the show, but the ratings the way they are, I have this feeling it will be cancelled.

Heather December 6, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I think that the beauty and the beast will be renewed.

kris December 7, 2012 at 7:12 am

hope it is renewed, too! I LOVE the show. Each episode seems better than the one before!

kim December 6, 2012 at 10:47 am

I love this show. I usually don’t watch cw but Beauty and the beast brought to your channel. Please renew such a good and believable show. You never know what the government might do one day. Plus, it’s romantic, sad and all else that makes it good.

Bermudaone December 3, 2012 at 11:36 am

In agreement with what Denise said….I love this show….keep it on….I love the chemistry between the two leading characters…show .should be given a chance

Bev December 2, 2012 at 5:44 pm

I love this show. Keep going.

benzh December 2, 2012 at 6:32 am

Fantastic series!!! I like Beauty and the Beast and its the only non-sport show that I watch at TV. I believe critics should have given the TV series a higher rating =D Well! who can blame them if they give low ratings?!! haha they are CRITICS and will always or usually give negative feedback instead of persuading viewers to watch a certain TV series. I hope there would be not just Season 2 but SEASON 200 =D

Becky November 30, 2012 at 9:25 am

LOVE IT!!! I don’t think it’s as “romantic” as the older, original series….BUT! I still like the show!

Limpx November 27, 2012 at 1:45 am

I think this show is great! I was waiting that Kristin would be in another show after she left Smallville, so please give this show atleast a change for three seasons!

sandee November 20, 2012 at 10:10 am

Wonderful show, a story line under the story, actors work off of each other nicely, I can n’t wait for thuursday night

Denise November 19, 2012 at 8:53 am

I love this show. People are getting up in arms about it not being exactly the same as the 80’s version. They remade Hawaii Five -O and didn’t keep it exactly the same. I think they should give this show a chance. I think the chemistry between the lead characters is amazing. They cancelled Moonlight in May, 2008 and look at all the vampire shows that followed & are still on + the Twilight franchise. No one liked Cheers or Seinfeld when it first aired either. You have to give people a fair chance. Keep Beauty and the Beast!!

Katherine November 27, 2012 at 7:15 am

Denise has put it all in a nutshell. In other words, I agree with everything that Denise wrote. I look forward to watching Beauty and Beast weekly. And, I actually like that it isn’t exactly like the previous series but has a more up-to-dat twist to it. Also, I think with it following the Vampire Diaries slot makes it a good choice as well for Thursday night. Please renew Beauty and the Beast!

chris November 11, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I love this show. The most recent episode (4th) shows even more the romantic connection between them which is really the hook in this show. They have terrific chemistry.

Anonymons November 7, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I like the new show Beauty and the Beast, both the actor’s are sooo Hot. I think it would be really stupid to chancel the show.

Greg October 8, 2012 at 5:35 am

EDIT: It’s on the same time as the VP debate though. Fail!
Guess I’ll have to tivo B&B.

Greg October 8, 2012 at 5:33 am

I’m sorry, did I read that Kristin Kreuk is in this?
No way I’m missing it – even if the plot sounds kinda lame!
Hopefully she’ll have another hit. She got scripted out of Smallville way too soon in favor of the ugly girl with fake “pillows”.