Beauty and the Beast (2012)

The CW TV series Beauty and the BeastNetwork: The CW
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 11, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Kristin Kreuk, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White, Max Brown, Nicole Gale Anderson, Jay Ryan, and Austin Basis.

TV show description:
This TV series is a reimagining of the classic story and the CBS 1987-90 drama of the same name.

Homicide detective Catherine “Cat” Chandler (Kristin Kreuk) is a smart, no-nonsense woman who is haunted by her own tragic past. As a teenager, Cat witnessed the murder of her mother at the hands of two gunmen. Young Cat would have been killed as well but someone — or some thing — saved her. No one believed her but she knows that it wasn’t an animal that attacked the assassins. Though her savior was strange and terrifying, it was also human.

Years have passed, and although she thinks about her mother every day, Cat is a strong and capable police detective. She works alongside an equally talented partner, Tess Vargas (Nina Lisandrello). The two ladies make a good team, and have become close friends. They’ve worked on countless homicide cases together, under the supervision of their tough-but-fair boss, Joe Bishop (Brian White).

Cat has also become close with medical examiner Evan Marks (Max Brown). They’ve developed a fun and flirtatious relationship that could easily turn into something deeper — if Cat would let that happen. However, as her younger sister Heather (Nicole Gale Anderson) has observed, Cat’s romantic inclinations tend toward bad boys.

While investigating a new case, Cat and Tess discover fingerprints that lead them to a handsome doctor named Vincent Keller (Jay Ryan). He was reportedly killed by enemy fire while serving in Afghanistan in 2002. Digging deeper, Cat learns that Vincent is still very much alive. For mysterious reasons that have forced him to live outside of traditional society, Vincent has been in hiding for the past 10 years.

With the help of his childhood friend, J.T. Forbes (Austin Basis), Vincent has been able to guard his terrible secret — when he is enraged, he becomes a terrifying beast, who’s unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses. Cat is stunned when Vincent admits that he was the “animal” who saved her on the night of her mother’s murder. Vincent doesn’t admit the whole truth however. He is emotionally tied to Cat and has been watching over her since that night.

Cat agrees to protect Vincent’s identity in return for any insight he may have into her mother’s murder. Thus begins a complex relationship between Cat and Vincent, who understand that their connection is extremely dangerous for both of them. Cat’s secret obsession with Vincent puts a strain on her relationship with everyone else around her, and Tess is especially troubled by the feeling that Cat is keeping something from her.

Vincent soon becomes a secret but important part of Cat’s detective work. During the years that he’s spent hiding in the shadows, watching over Cat and other innocents, Vincent has learned a lot about the darkest parts of the city and its residents. His sharpened instincts, incredible strength and human compassion become invaluable to Cat as she works to bring criminals to justice.

As she slowly comes to terms with Vincent’s monstrous alter-ego, Cat senses that she can trust him in ways she hasn’t been able to trust any other man. Despite the obstacles between them, she realizes that she’s safer with him than anywhere else.

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like the Beauty and the Beast TV series on The CW? Do you think that it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

201 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. lilirose says

Beauty and the Beast has gotten so much better and I enjoy watching this show. Please bring it back for another season. If you must end it, please give it a decent ending next season. Cat and Vincent deserve a great ending to their love story.

• koerner says

Please, please do not cancel Beauty and the Beast. If you must cancel the show at least allow Vincent and Cat to have a happy ending. They were meant to be together and their chemistry on screen is spot on. What great actors they are. I have seen them in interviews and that chemistry continues off screen as well.

Please let them have 1 more season I want to see what happens since Vincent was arrested and we all know that Gabe is responsible for that because he made the comment to Cat that he won’t let Vincent hurt her. Plus Cat has never said she loved Gabe so the love of her life is Vincent and always will be.

• koerner says

I have been watching this show since it came on and I would love to see another season. The chemistry between Vincent and Kat is amazing. They play their roles well and so believable. The way they look at one another (wow).

Please I want another season of BATB

2. Belinda says

Love this series and all is characters. Please, need a season 3 for my favorite television show. Even though this season 2 the Beauty and the Beast has had a bad break up, they are now finding their way back together. Love the drama and romance and I’m addicted. Like a moth to a flame, I just can’ t stay away. Season 3, please!!!

3. Melanie says

I love watching beauty and the beast l want Katherine and Vincent back together and not with Gabe so please don’t cancel this show

• fkoerner says

I also love BATB and I want them to get a 3rd season also. If the show is going to be cancelled can we at least have it end with Vincent & Cat winding up together. They have such a wonderful chemistry despite the fact that the writers have her with Gabe. It is called Beauty and the Beast for a reason. Her girlfriend is not very supportive when it comes to Vincent so I don’t really like the way her character has been lately.

Please, please do not cancel BATB

4. says

Name should be changed to beauty and the cop. What happened to beauty AND the beast?
    Let’s get back to what the original thought was. Otherwise I am gone .cancel the show

• koerner says

I am a big fan of Beauty and the Beast. The first episode was great but lately I am not liking the way the show has been written. The chemistry between Vincent and Cat has somewhat diminished a little. They were meant to be together and still is. Cat was tough and knew what she wanted and lately she just hasn’t been the way I am use to seeing her. I like Gabe but come on. It seems that Cat’s friend just kept pushing her towards Gabe. I am sure it has a lot to do with the writing but I am not feeling the show lately.

5. Anonymous says

this is my favorite show
    Some times I watch it over and over again
    Please do not cancel
    It is a great love story between Kat and Vincent
    Of course you need do get rid of Gabe
    As much as they loved each other in season 1 How could they not get together for a life time
    they are sole mates my husband are sole mates and that is a beautiful thing

• felicia says

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite t.v. show. I would love to see Vincent and Kat get back together. They were always meant to be due to the chemistry they had in Season One and it still continues now. Please do not cancel this show. If you must let them get back together and have a happy ending!

6. says

The only show on CW that I watch currently is BATB. I, too, think the other series that seem to do so well are all dark and deadly. This is an upbeat, hopeful series that brings a bit of light in the world. Why is it being threatened with destruction?

7. Raymonde lecourieux says

Why aim to be stopa series which just begins to be known. You know well that it is difficult to emmerging with all the channels and all the series of all kinds which we have at the present. It is the word of mouth which will make know this great series and why it sell abroad if to base you to you only on the ratings the USA to decide on the stop or not on the series.
    Please be good player and let have us at least a season 3 to dream, who does not dream about love improbable as the one who exists between Catherine and Vincent and in more you found exactly the actors whom it was necessary for this series, they are too much bian matched and too beautiful. Do not eliminate us this dream at once. We are fed up series of vampires, wolf garoups or other policemen who never have the end.
    Cordially.